HoneyBadger - BrianW

HoneyBadger - BrianW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:59
Can someone provide an explanation of how to adjust the timing on the 99's? With all of the rule changes, especially the recent NASA changes, it appears that I am going to have to implement some of these changes sooner that I initially thought. I am clear on the fuel pressure, just not sure how to go about the timing changes.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

seege

seege

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:So Cal NASA
  • Car Number:4

Can someone provide an explanation of how to adjust the timing on the 99's? With all of the rule changes, especially the recent NASA changes, it appears that I am going to have to implement some of these changes sooner that I initially thought. I am clear on the fuel pressure, just not sure how to go about the timing changes.

If you elongate the bolt hole on the crank angle sensor you can effectively adjust the timing by changing distance from the crank pulley to the crank angle sensor. I have no idea if this is the legal proscribed method or not.
CJ Johnson

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Dave from Advanced Autosport is putting together a package. I have ordered the goodies but have not yet received it. Give him a call.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

HoneyBadger - BrianW

HoneyBadger - BrianW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:59

Dave from Advanced Autosport is putting together a package. I have ordered the goodies but have not yet received it. Give him a call.

I knew he had a fuel pressure regulator out, I will give him a call and see what he has for the timing wheel.

Thanks!
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users