Glenn Davis

Glenn Davis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Region:WDCR/Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:TBD
I have spent a fair amount of time looking for half-shafts to fit my Torsen conversion, with no success. I am looking for a set of remanufactured, or used that I can send to be remanufactured axles that fit on a Torsen conversion. Any decent sources?
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
You can use NA 1.8 or NB axles. Planet Miata or East Street come to mind immediately. I've bought some used parts from Flyin' Miata too. Car-Part.com is good for finding some parts but quality will vary by the seller. I sometimes see great deals on ebay or craigslist but they can both be a complete crap shoot.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Assuming you have installed a 4.3 Torsen diff(and new driveshaft!) you can order axles from Mazdaspeed if you cant find a used set. The early 1.8 axles were 2 piece and changed to one piece at some point in 95(and all years after) I think. Either will work. Make sure you order new end nuts whichever way you go...and be careful to order the correct size as there are 2 sizes(if you pick up used). We are lucky in CA that there are a lot of these cars around and CL always produces these...I just picked up an extra set for $100. Have you tried car-parts.com or planetmiata? Or Eaststreet(Drago)!!! GL!

EDIT...we think alike Keith!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Glenn Davis

Glenn Davis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Region:WDCR/Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:TBD

You can use NA 1.8 or NB axles. Planet Miata or East Street come to mind immediately. I've bought some used parts from Flyin' Miata too. Car-Part.com is good for finding some parts but quality will vary by the seller. I sometimes see great deals on ebay or craigslist but they can both be a complete crap shoot.

Thanks. Looks like I might find one near here on Car-Part.com.

Assuming you have installed a 4.3 Torsen diff(and new driveshaft!) you can order axles from Mazdaspeed if you cant find a used set. The early 1.8 axles were 2 piece and changed to one piece at some point in 95(and all years after) I think. Either will work. Make sure you order new end nuts whichever way you go...and be careful to order the correct size as there are 2 sizes(if you pick up used). We are lucky in CA that there are a lot of these cars around and CL always produces these...I just picked up an extra set for $100. Have you tried car-parts.com or planetmiata? Or Eaststreet(Drago)!!! GL!

EDIT...we think alike Keith!

Thanks. Don't want to spend the money for a new set. I was going to contact the normal suspects if I couldn't dig one up on my own.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users