iambhooper

iambhooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:over here
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:666
I know, I know this has nothing to do with going fast, or driving better, or really anything. However, the SM's headlight's haven't poped up since I bought the car {and it bother's me). I don't know if the previous owner did something or not... the car ran in the 13hour several years back, so It has to have working headlight's.

Can someone explain how the whole pop up system works? Is the button in dash a critical circuit, that disables the pop ups if it's not in the system? Is there a ground wire that's hidden somewhere? Maybe a fuse?

Thanks!
hoop
a bunch of old '90's cars
and an '06 RSX Type S

Dave Lewis

Dave Lewis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Number:86
Check the connection on the center switch. If unplugged or corroded it will disable the lights in their last position.
Also, check the relay in the black box in front of the clutch master.
Difficult to do with the lights down, but is the harness connected to the motors?

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
+1 on the center switch. Check your emergency flashers. If they don't work either, that is it.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
For safety, I believe the failsafe mode is headlights up. I had a problem with mine not going down. After replacing the relay I realized I forgot to connect the center switch after installing the dash. I could lower them manually but every time I'd start the car they'd pop back up. Now I have a spare headlight relay.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Number:41

For safety, I believe the failsafe mode is headlights up. I had a problem with mine not going down. After replacing the relay I realized I forgot to connect the center switch after installing the dash. I could lower them manually but every time I'd start the car they'd pop back up. Now I have a spare headlight relay.

Hmmm...mine do NOT do that. Having JUST gone through this. Mine remained down and would not lift, move or otherwise...until I hooked up the center switch.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Number:20
Hook them up to your brake light and make them pop up under braking. An extra air brake.

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Hmmm...mine do NOT do that. Having JUST gone through this. Mine remained down and would not lift, move or otherwise...until I hooked up the center switch.

Must be a 1.6 vs. 1.8 difference.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Must be a 1.6 vs. 1.8 difference.

iambhooper

iambhooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:over here
  • Car Number:666
so the center switch is the key to the headlight's? mine is removed. i will have to look at that when i get by the shop later.
hoop
a bunch of old '90's cars
and an '06 RSX Type S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users