Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
  • Region:Mid-South
  • Car Year:1989
  • Car Number:Any
I'm traveling back from vacation today. Been doing my best to keep up with the site with the iPhone app they have for it. Is a new world but I'm loving it!

Since the 25 hour and the PRI show I can't get this new car off my mind. The cost, ease of build and so many racing opportunities.

More when I return.....

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Auto Sports Consulting / Coaching

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

davecarama

davecarama

Instructor

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:63

I'm traveling back from vacation today. Been doing my best to keep up with the site with the iPhone app they have for it. Is a new world but I'm loving it!

Since the 25 hour and the PRI show I can't get this new car off my mind. The cost, ease of build and so many racing opportunities.

More when I return.....

Can't wait for you to return. I am intrigued... Looking forward to more info on cost etc!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alex Ratcliffe

Alex Ratcliffe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Can't wait for you to return. I am intrigued... Looking forward to more info on cost etc!

way ahead of you Carmaniac!
Alex.

davecarama

davecarama

Instructor

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:63

way ahead of you Carmaniac!
Alex.

Sweet Sweet Sweet Sweet!!!!!

wreckerboy

wreckerboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:NJ
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:53
We purchased one of these as a street car three months ago and have taken to referring to it as our "FWD Miata." When/where will the information on B Spec be?
Rob Myles | "I didn't lose, I got out-painted!"
Hero To The Momentum Challenged
WDCR SSM #30

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
Tim posted this...

http://www.mazdarace...ement-from-pri/

He is the point man on this and will have more details after the holiday.

I will send him a private note as well.

Here is the car from the 25 hour, was two there.

Posted Image
  • joe varble likes this

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03
How much do these things weigh when set up for racing? I am intrigued.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

EFoss28

EFoss28

MX-5 Cup Champion

• SMembers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
James,

I believe the car weighed 2295 with driver. Tim was kind enough to give me 5 laps in the car on the test day at Thunderhill. All I have to say is FUN!!! It is a bit slower then a SM on lap time (approx 4-5 seconds at Thunderhill)and even more of a momentum car then a SM. The cornering speeds were within 4 mph of what we were doing in the E1 RX8 on 255 Hoosier R6's :)
www.ericfossracing.com
My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Randy Hale

Randy Hale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Posted Image

Tim Buck is working on the Bspec rules with Honda.

My 2 ended up at 2170 with out driver full fuel.

Randy

Mike Colangelo

Mike Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Region:Cal Club (SoCal)

Posted Image

Tim Buck is working on the Bspec rules with Honda.

My 2 ended up at 2170 with out driver full fuel.

Randy

Nice looking car, Randy.

By the way, my family owns a house in Old Saybrook, CT. Nice area. I visited it over Christmas.

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
Randy,

Cars all fixed or still snow bound?

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Protech Racing

Protech Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Did these go the 25 hr without front bearing/hub failure?? That would be nice,as the last cheap cars raced, had the wheels falloff. IE Neon,Fiesta, VW Mk 1. etc. I hope that the B spec cars wont have this issue .
MM

http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

mogren@tampabay.rr.com, 352.428/8983

Randy Hale

Randy Hale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes, jim the car is all fixed.

Tim's car went the whole 25 hour without any problems and didn't change brake pad either.

My car did have a rear hub fail, but it was from an earlier inpact.

Did a rallyx in the snow with it last weekand.
Posted Image

Mike Colangelo

Mike Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Tim's car went the whole 25 hour without any problems and didn't change brake pad either.

Posted Image

Randy, besides the rear hub failure, has anything else broken on the car? Any comments on the robustness of these cars?

Randy Hale

Randy Hale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
The only thing that has fail is the one rear hub and that failed from an impact. My 2 had runthe 13 hour at VIR and 25 at Thunderhill, plus a two day rallyx. So far the 2 just keeps running.

If you are planning on building one let me know I have pictures of the whole build start to finish.

Randy

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts

Posted Image

Awesome!!

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

wreckerboy

wreckerboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:NJ
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:53
Randy, I'd love to see the build pictures. Are they on line someplace?
Rob Myles | "I didn't lose, I got out-painted!"
Hero To The Momentum Challenged
WDCR SSM #30

Randy Hale

Randy Hale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
most of the pictures are on my facebook page. The 2 also has a facebook page "race the 2". If there is something that you would like to see let me know and I can post some more pic.

Randy

Protech Racing

Protech Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
What are the spring rates and shock brand/spec for this car please. Thanks.

There will be a few new cars into the B class in the next year. It will take a really good car to get by the Honda.

http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

mogren@tampabay.rr.com, 352.428/8983

Mike Colangelo

Mike Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
I read this in an LA Times article about the Mazda2:
"Traction control, stability control, anti-lock brakes and tire pressure monitoring are standard. So is brake override, a new system that gives priority to the brakes should the accelerator and brake pedals be pressed simultaneously."

So much for heel-and-toe downshifting or left foot braking. So, can this "brake override" be disabled either through a ECU reflash or maybe just disconnecting something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users