• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Region:South Jersey
The Jersey Racing Board (Northern New Jersey and South Jersey regions) will be conducting an NJRRS championship series event at New Jersey Motorsports Park on 25-26 June. This event is the Fourth Annual Lightning Challenge regional races on the Lightning course. Round 3 of the Pro IT series will be held in conjunction with the Lightning Challenge.

For this year's Lightning Challenge, we have adapted the three race format used in last fall's JRRC. The event schedule has a Saturday morning qualifying session followed by three races for each group. Lots of track time, plenty of racing. Two days, three races - Race, Race, Race!

This year the JRB is offerring a multiple entry (double dip) discount of $100 for the second entry. Enter early, enter often.

There will be a separate SCCA Test Day on Friday, 24 June on Lightning.

Online registration is now open at on the DLB site - Select South Jersey Region as the Club to see the event calender.

Supps and Schedule ... Register ... Entry List

Terry

mghenwood

mghenwood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:Philadelphia
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:58
Any more SSM cars plan on racing this event? Currently there is only one registered.

mghenwood

mghenwood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
Looks like they did some shifting around and put the 2 SSM cars entered into the ITA Group 1 race. By removing a group they were able to lengthen the qualifier and final race by a few laps.

Rooster Tail

Rooster Tail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:SJR
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:52
Any results? How did the Yosh/Jason brothers do? SM and SSM top 5?
Tosh Desai
SJR SM #52

mghenwood

mghenwood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Any results? How did the Yosh/Jason brothers do? SM and SSM top 5?

SM:
1. Cefalo
2. Wechsler
3. Lamaina
4. Farbman
5. Burtt

Wechsler was quick. He missed the qualifying grid for the first qualifying race and started a half lap down, then by the final he was in 2nd! Not bad.

Yosh was in a good battle mid-pack until he did a full 360 coming out of turn 7, narrowly avoiding contact with the 4 cars behind him. He finished 16th I think, but I am sure he was happy he was in one piece.

SSM:
Livingood took the checker, small field, same with SM2, both were lumped into the ITA race.

Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:7
Glad I didn't go, as I heard it was contact city. Burtt is missing our next race weekend because several drivers wanted to play bumper cars out there.

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

2011 + 2013 NER STU Champion

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
Complete results: http://www.nescca.co...ultsnjmp-l1.pdf

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC

Glad I didn't go, as I heard it was contact city.

No worse than LRP.
Not a scratch all weekend here.

Had a blast! Thanks Terry!
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
Cy

Glad I didn't go, as I heard it was contact city. Burtt is missing our next race weekend because several drivers wanted to play bumper cars out there.

I'm not certain where your 'contact city' comment originated but from my view of the weekend, the safety car did not roll at all, no cars came in on the hook and the only flat tows were for mechanical problems. I am aware that Ken Burtt was having mechanical reliability problems during the weekend; I did not see his car so I am unaware of any crash damage. Even our 42 car Pro IT race came off with a minimum of mayhem.

See ya at the races

Terry

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC
Saw a few offs and the Ken & Jon contact behind me in the SM race.
Other than that I don't think I saw a yellow in three days.
Surprising considering the long distance divebombing the lapping ITR guys did in the ProIT race.
Check it out here:

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users