pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79
Has anyone tried it or do you know any tracks that are using it?

Pat

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Dave Cox

Dave Cox

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Region:Blackhawk Valley
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:23
Pat,

Was that the app they were advertising at Grattan 2 weeks ago? We were thinking of trying it, but never got around to it.

Dave

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Number:56
whats the app called? this sounds interesting to me

edit: nvm found the app. this would be cool if tracks started supporting it, is there a track list somewhere?
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Kyle Burkhardt

Kyle Burkhardt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:NASA Midwest
  • Car Number:12
NASA MW is using it. Seems to work very well.
Kyle Burkhardt
Team ///Miata #12
PajamaPants Racing
NASA Midwest
Posted Image
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

WarmShoe

WarmShoe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:07

whats the app called? this sounds interesting to me

edit: nvm found the app. this would be cool if tracks started supporting it, is there a track list somewhere?

I believe it is "Race Monitor, Karting Coach, Inc." for $5. I haven't tried it, since getting T-mobile I have no reception at Grattan or Mid-O :(

I understand it only works real-time, so as soon as you come off the track (and the next group is on), your data is gone.... could be mistaken.

Jon

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
We use it all the time and have found it pretty easy to use. You do need to make a trip to T&S to get some coding from them. My only recommendation is learn how to take a screen shot on your Ipad or Iphone so you can capture the last lap. Once the next group rolls you have no way to go back.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Gunpilot

Gunpilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Car Number:88
I have an IPhone 3Gs, and have been using the FREE app CMS LapTimer and it works good with a strong GPS signal. Has anyone tried Harry's LapTimer Pro for $16.99 that draws maps and creates video? From what I read it can even integrate into OBD sensors.

trey

trey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Region:SCCA Houston
  • Car Year:2006
  • Car Number:5

I have an IPhone 3Gs, and have been using the FREE app CMS LapTimer and it works good with a strong GPS signal. Has anyone tried Harry's LapTimer Pro for $16.99 that draws maps and creates video? From what I read it can even integrate into OBD sensors.

I used CMS Lap Timer @ MSRH last weekend ... With no external GPS and with an old IPhone , it got all but a few laps.

I'm going to upgrade to a TomTom external GPS and Harry's Lap Timer . One of my students had it last weekend and it has more features than CMS

Ken Wilkinson

Ken Wilkinson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Region:Mid Atlantic
  • Car Number:228
I don't know if this app provides the info you are looking for but a bunch of guys in our region are using it to get results before they are posted at the track.
I understand a Droid version will be released in the next few weeks.
http://itunes.apple....d382009223?mt=8

Gunpilot

Gunpilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Car Number:88

I used CMS Lap Timer @ MSRH last weekend ... With no external GPS and with an old IPhone , it got all but a few laps.

I'm going to upgrade to a TomTom external GPS and Harry's Lap Timer . One of my students had it last weekend and it has more features than CMS

I was at MSRH the same weekend using CMS. Resulst varied for me. I have beem looking into the TOM TOM kit, but need to find exactly what I need to make it work. I would rather have a full external antenna, but I can only find the antenna docking station combo online.

tLinder

tLinder

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:SouthWest
  • Car Number:40
Deleted.

Toby Linder