Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:94
Bruce Wilson's long time friend and crew chief, Jeff Jenks passed away last night. I don't know any details but I believe he passed in his sleep.

Jeff was a true friend to Bruce in every respect and was always at the track to lend his support. He will truly be missed.

I am sorry for your loss, Bruce.

Ken
Ken Sutherland
1976 4th Grade Bowling Series-Most Improved
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Sad to hear, my condolences

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999
Sincere condolences Bruce. I'm not sure I ever met Jeff, but great friends are irreplaceable. God's grace to you Bruce!

Bill-
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

BrianPDX

BrianPDX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Car Number:27
That's very sad news, Jeff was a great guy. Bruce, I'm very sorry to hear this news.
Brian

Dudley

Dudley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:01
I am devastated. Jeff was such a good person, I looked forward to events partial because Jeff would be there. My deepest regards for your dear friend. I will say a prairie for him.

SM Tom

SM Tom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:00
Very very sad. My condolences to Bruce and Jeff's family and friends.

Tom

SM Tom

SM Tom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:00
Very very sad. My condolences to Bruce and Jeff's family and friends.

Tom

Leanne Beane

Leanne Beane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So sorry, Bruce. Jeff may be gone but will always be remembered!

Jason Rawlins

Jason Rawlins

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Car Number:20
Bruce & Laurie,
We offer our most sincere condolences to you and Jeff’sfamily. Jeff was truly a great man who will be sadly missed in the Oregon SMcommunity.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.

Jason & Cheree

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:3
Bruce,

Nice guy and well liked by all. Very sorry to hear this bad news.

Terrell and the Garrett family

Jim Graffy

Jim Graffy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Number:01
Bruce -

Very sorry to hear about Jeff. The Race community is Family, and the SM group is one of the closer knit branches. We all feel your loss and will miss Jeff.

Jim & Randi

Joy of 6

Joy of 6

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
Bruce,

What a shock. Jeff was always so helpful to you and others as well as a driver for chump car. His little dog will certainly miss him too. Unbelieveable loss!!

Ed

Mark de Regt

Mark de Regt

• SMembers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:NWR; Oregon; ICSCC
  • Car Number:70
I am so very sorry about this....
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Car Number:68
My good friends,

As you can imagine, I write this with a very heavy heart and tears flowing. Jeff was one of my very best friends and we have been inseperable since our freshman year in high school. There is so much I want to say about Jeff, but it sounds like you all already knew what Jeff was about.

Jeff was also one of Lori's best friends. This is as hard on her as it is on me. Jeff helped her through her very tough times when she was struggling with health issues or any life challenges. They would often talk for hours when I just wasn't interested in the topic at hand, whether is was gardening or books. Now that's a best friend for you :)

Jeff was smart -- He was tested at a genious level IQ when he was quite young, but he never wanted anybody to know, and that tells you a lot about Jeff right there. Jeff read more books in a year than I read in my entire lifetime.

Jeff wasn't just an awesome crew chief, he was also a fierce competitor and very fast behind the wheel. He always seeemed to beat me in the big karting races or when we wanted to impress the celeberties who were looking on.

Jeff loved to help people, especially kids. For most of his career, he worked for a non-profit law firm that helped underpriveleged kids not get lost in the legal and social systems.

We will go on but I can't imagine that life will ever be the same again without our dear friend. Jeff's two nephews will be crewing for me during the Rose cup weekend as well as my son. They are all back from college and have volunteered their time to honor the uncle who was always like a second father to them.

Thanks for all the condolences. I look forward to seeing you all this weekend. You don't need to worry about being somber or careful around me. I look forward to having a lot of fun, have a lot of laughs and drink some good margaritas. But I will aplogize in advance for anytime that I might need to go off and gather myself.

We miss you Jeff!

-bw

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Eric Jones

Eric Jones

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:OR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:23
That's very sad news indeed.
I didn't know Jeff but I did talk with him for a few minutes while our dogs played a few times. I could tell immediately that he was a quality guy.
If it can't kill ya, It ain't a sport!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users