FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Good video, and good question, as someone who has rebuilt a few transmissions and ordered Mazda parts, Its almost a crapshoot as to the quality and consistency of the new parts delivered. I have witnessed variations in hub springs, syncros that are to tight, and forks as you point out with different finishing.

Edit, I am not down on Mazda, at least they are providing the parts, this is more of a part supplier issue but just commenting that there have been some issues that are causing problems.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region
Chairman, SCCA Great Lakes Divisional Series Committee.

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Good video, and good question, as someone who has rebuilt a few transmisiions and ordered mazda parts, Its almost a crapshoot as to the quality and consistency of the new parts delivered. I have witnessed variations in hub springs, syncros that are to tight, and forks as you point out with different finishing.

I love Mazda the company and Mazda cars, but once a part is 10 years past being used in a current car, the parts quality becomes a complete crapshoot roughly approximating what VW/Audi/BMW (and, umm, Lotus) parts are on their BEST day ... :crackup:

• Alberto likes this

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transmission

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users