FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Good video, and good question, as someone who has rebuilt a few transmissions and ordered Mazda parts, Its almost a crapshoot as to the quality and consistency of the new parts delivered. I have witnessed variations in hub springs, syncros that are to tight, and forks as you point out with different finishing.

Edit, I am not down on Mazda, at least they are providing the parts, this is more of a part supplier issue but just commenting that there have been some issues that are causing problems.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Good video, and good question, as someone who has rebuilt a few transmisiions and ordered mazda parts, Its almost a crapshoot as to the quality and consistency of the new parts delivered. I have witnessed variations in hub springs, syncros that are to tight, and forks as you point out with different finishing.

I love Mazda the company and Mazda cars, but once a part is 10 years past being used in a current car, the parts quality becomes a complete crapshoot roughly approximating what VW/Audi/BMW (and, umm, Lotus) parts are on their BEST day ... :crackup:

• Alberto likes this

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transmission

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users