guest driver

guest driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:11
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:90

hate the spin control... we have had a new National Champ and finishing order since late this morning yet SCCA / Mazda is quiet, why?

Justin Casey

Justin Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Region:Northern California
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:85

http://www.mazdamoto...gId=-1&button=y

Seems as they are on standby as well. 

2018 NASA NorCal Regional Champion

2018 SCCA Runoffs - 4th Place

2018 NASA Championships - 5th Place

2017 NASA Western States Championships - 4th place
2017 NASA Northern California Region - 2nd place
2016 NASA Western States Championships - 2nd place
2016 NASA NorCal Regiaon Champion

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

JBlaisdell

JBlaisdell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Number:65

Well...according to BSI's FB post....things have already changed!

Jim Blaisdell
G$ Munson Driver Coaching Student/Client
jblaisdell65@gmail.com

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
Looks like the tech race will continue tomm.
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:26

Looks like the tech race will continue tomm.

WOW 

https://www.facebook...53025528125308/

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
😟 Been hoping that tech might be as clean as the race, but seems like we'd have official results by now. How many did they impound this time?
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38

roomer says P4 has been pulled in. 

Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
No rumor seen the pics of the car in tech fully disassembled. P5 may be in the shed now also cant say for sure on that

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
They pulled apart bolanos and buras and pulled in haldeman before they shut the door. Haldeman sits in 4th at the moment
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Maybe just keeping Chris' car secure overnight rather than intending to tear down.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

callumhay

callumhay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Region:fl
  • Car Number:35
Just read Jonathon Goring's Facebook post... Says he was DQ'd due to cylinder head., but going to protest decision.. This could go on for a while.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:35

Alex and Fowler i think posted pictures from Tech on FB showing the motors down to the crank, trans case split, diff out, valves, pistons, flywheel, lifters on the table, shocks and front hub. Not much else out there to tech. If you podium at the runoffs, and pass, you are legal.

Feel sorry for Goring, i am sure he though he was legit.

I am also concerned for the class, we need to get this right. I am sure Mazda and SCCA are not happy campers right now, and i hope we do not get another knee jerk reaction to problems at the runoffs. We will just have to wait to see what the problems were.

• David L likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Butters

Butters

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Can you post the link to these pictures?

Alex and Fowler i think posted pictures from Tech on FB showing the motors down to the crank, trans case split, diff out, valves, pistons, flywheel, lifters on the table, shocks and front hub. Not much else out there to tech. If you podium at the runoffs, and pass, you are legal.

Feel sorry for Goring, i am sure he though he was legit.

I am also concerned for the class, we need to get this right. I am sure Mazda and SCCA are not happy campers right now, and i hope we do not get another knee jerk reaction to problems at the runoffs. We will just have to wait to see what the problems were.

JohnButters Racing<p>NASA Mid-Atlantic Region

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Number:29

What a sad showing for spec miata YET again. We need stiffer penalties for cheating/ being out compliance. 

You've been served - Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:15
There was nothing sad about that showing. That was a great race, very clean, and showed just how good all those spec miata drivers are. Compression didn't win that race.

Why don't you take your car to a majors tech and see just how legal it is.
  • Jim Drago, Michael Novak and Amy M like this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:15
Double post
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

What a sad showing for spec miata YET again. We need stiffer penalties for cheating/ being out compliance.

Glad to see you have convicted and moved on to the execution of the offenders even though they haven't had their appeals heard yet. If you think the class is so corrupt feel free to race a less competitive class, where nobody pushes the grey area. SM is by far the most competitive class and is going through the most invasive tech of all the classes at the Runoffs, as it should.
  • Mike Collins, Sam Barnett, Waterboy and 4 others like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
After last year I'm sure some officials are stressing out over the idea of 2 podium finishers being stripped of their medals, but it sounds like the issues are very minor and more along the lines of trying to take things to the limit without exceeding it, and getting it wrong by a bit. In my book that's totally different than some of the things we saw last year both at the runoffs and leading up to it.

If you reap what you sow then we are where we deserve to be. Tech has no real choice but to be very strict and that means even the most insignificant infraction is not tolerated. If appeals/protests succeed in restoring one or both then so be it, they certainly earned it on track. The good news for me is that it sounds like there are no villains here, just a couple victims of minor builder mistakes and I feel for them.
  • Waterboy likes this

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Well if history has taught us anything I would be willing to put money on some if not all of the penalties being upheld.

Sorry sold my car, but your not comparing apples to apples, my car ran in regionals sure if you took a shock off of my car and dyno'ed it it might fail, it had been on there for four years, my motor 4 years, and you waterboy have seen me drive. These guys are at the top top there should be no excuse to go to this show and be found non compliant. 

Stiffer penalties would put a greater responsibility on the owners and more importantly the builders, for 6-7k you should get a legal motor, not one that was oh so close!!!!      

You've been served - Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

I am not taking away from the drivers at all. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users