24 replies to this topic

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
This was mentioned by a couple of us in another thread but I think the problem, while not legal, was his "charming personality" as much as it was the mod.

Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Can any of you tall drivers (I'm 6'4") give me an idea of the seat you're using? I'm considering a custom aluminum seat of a full containment design to replace my spec miata ultrashield. My concern is not so much headroom, as I'm already in the car, but the shoulder area on the left side of the new seat contacting the car. SInce this seat will be 'custom' I'll own it even if it doesn't fit the car.

Thanks-

steve

steve

CFO MEATHEAD Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:90
Racetech 4009WHR I fit fine, no issues. What I do in the seat is a different matter altogether.
STEVE

plane

plane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:71
I am 6'2" 210 and have a OMP WRC that fits well. I remove the seat pad for extra clearance and still very comfortable and more "secure" feeling.

Greg Kimble

Greg Kimble

Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:9
One thing to consider is going to be your torso height vs your legs. I am 6'3" and tried to use a Sparco Pro ADV. That seat would not work for me because I carry more of my height in my Torso and less in my legs and the seat back is pretty straight (no layback). I ended up using a UltraShield Containment seat and it works well. It has 20 degrees of layback built into the seat which helped with head clearance. The head containment portion of the seat is a little lower than I would like and will get a custom made seat from them sometime this year, but all in all the aluminum seat with a 20 degree layback has worked well for me

Just my 2 cents

Greg
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users