220 replies to this topic

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Johnny :shoot: :moon: :noidea: :peace1: (couldn't resist :toast: )

Andrew C :noidea: :crazy2: :pimp:

Rob B :crying2: :duck:

Oh man these are funny....looks like 10 is the limit!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Had to do another post for myself above

:guinness: :fart: :whistling:

All in fun guys!!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
Huh, Johhny? The second has nothing to do with the first. If you missed the second, brush up on Roman history.

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
Jim, some of us other old guys get the Ides of March reference. Pretty clever... :cheers:

"Et tu, Brutue?"

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Region:Nor/So Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:17
Any chance we can have a Graemlin that is a car spinning going over a hill? I need it for when I talk to Charlie :D
"Punk Ass Kid" -Track HQ's top SM contributor.
Working to call myself a GT driver.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27
Added a link to "Today's active content" on the top right. A lot of us have missed this link at the bottom of the page. We are going to work on making it a sidebar item like "Recent Topics Added". Stay tuned.
Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Number:41

Added a link to "Today's active content" on the top right. A lot of us have missed this link at the bottom of the page. We are going to work on making it a sidebar item like "Recent Topics Added". Stay tuned.

Cool. I noticed that you only made the change to the "mazdaracers" theme. A number of us like the ip.board theme better. Also, would be nice to see on the mobile menu.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Huh, Johhny? The second has nothing to do with the first. If you missed the second, brush up on Roman history.

Doh!!! :duck: My bad.
I do remember now, cramming for that the night before my test.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Had to do another post for myself above

:guinness: :fart: :whistling:

All in fun guys!!

There's a little bit of truth in every one.
Nothing wrong in that.
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Number:27
Active Content box is now on the sidebar.
Link to active content is now on both skins including mobile under the main menu. More updates soon.
Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Active Content box is now on the sidebar.
Link to active content is now on both skins including mobile under the main menu. More updates soon.

Just saw the mobile menu. Thanks, i live on my phone.

-tch

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Great improvements Ceasar, thanks :clap:

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

AW33COM

AW33COM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Region:NE
  • Car Number:78
The most valuable thing you can do to this forum is forget about all other bells and whistles (icons and crap like that), and merge the content along with FIXING the BROKEN search. There is no technical reason not to merge the content, and there is no reason not to be able to search for 3 character words: oil, hub, etc....

Do you know that the forum search does not return relative threads? I use outside search tools to search this forum :)

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

The most valuable thing you can do to this forum is forget about all other bells and whistles (icons and crap like that), and merge the content along with FIXING the BROKEN search. There is no technical reason not to merge the content, and there is no reason not to be able to search for 3 character words: oil, hub, etc....

Do you know that the forum search does not return relative threads? I use outside search tools to search this forum :)

You've seen "Todays Active Content" and "View New Content" up top right?
"Todays Active Content" at the bottom you can go back a year if you want.

I've suggested that the words be a bold White Font to pop out at you. (Mazda Rcaers Theme)

On the search. Some google Mazdaracer.com and then the key words.
On your profile page. You have "Find My Content". You can click on that and it will show you every post you posted on.

I don't think the undo works in a post. I've deleted some stuff and couldn't get it back.
J~

AW33COM

AW33COM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

You've seen "Todays Active Content" and "View New Content" up top right?
"Todays Active Content" at the bottom you can go back a year if you want.

I've suggested that the words be a bold White Font to pop out at you. (Mazda Rcaers Theme)

On the search. Some google Mazdaracer.com and then the key words.
On your profile page. You have "Find My Content". You can click on that and it will show you every post you posted on.

Go to the top of the page. Click into the search box. Type in: oil. Enjoy the show.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Go to the top of the page. Click into the search box. Type in: oil. Enjoy the show.

I got this.
One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters

Try google, Mazdaracers.com and oil or whatever.

Ceasar just started like on Friday.
But it's good to know whats wrong.
J~

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Scabi-

Okay, I've erased 5 posts trying to figure out how to lower my "tone". This is the most civil I've come up with. Still :soapbox: :bash:

The above post is really, quite abrasive. There are 1001 ways to present your opinion and you manage to choose just about the most insulting way possible. Not only do you present your opinion as "the most valuable" (rather arogant, and condescending), but you also manage to denegrate the first positive change that Caesar and Co have implemented.

The fact is that the "icons and crap like that" has been one of the primary complaints that the long standing veteran members have been making since this site went live last year. I think by the responses above that it is CLEAR how popular they were on the old site, and how happy people are to have them back.

You have a legitimate complaint about the search function not accepting 3-letter words. I think you blow it out of proportion, though. The search still works quite well <period>, but especially by comparison to the search on the old site. Nevertheless, its unlikely that the internal search will ever be as powerful as the most popular and well developed search engine in the world.

So, please try to be polite.
Please try to remember that you are only one member of the site, and your opinion is not the "one true guiding light".
And, please try and be positive (or at least neutral) about the hard work of others, even if what they've done isn't important to YOU.

The old adage "you will catch more flies with honey," really does have merit.

-tch

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
I try to keep an open mind to everyone that come here.

I would guess Scabi is only looking for information like going to the library.
Others hang out, check out a video, talk smack.
Others help newbies, up to advanced question.
Some just lurk.

All depends were you fall into that.
And we'll try to make the site for everyone.
But you can't make everyone happy all the time.

Also I don't work here, just hang out and try to help.
J~

AW33COM

AW33COM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
^ I'm not complaining and my tone in the post was not offensive. Very good website, but the golden info is hidden. If you come here to hang out then the site is good, but if you come here to find out about Spec Miata it's a problem. Think about it, if someone comes here to find out what oil to run he won't be able to search for it, and they will leave.

Any reason why you navigated away from VB? Or maybe a more valid question for someone new like me: how come there are 2 forums?

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

^ I'm not complaining and my tone in the post was not offensive. Very good website, but the golden info is hidden. If you come here to hang out then the site is good, but if you come here to find out about Spec Miata it's a problem. Think about it, if someone comes here to find out what oil to run he won't be able to search for it, and they will leave.

Any reason why you navigated away from VB? Or maybe a more valid question for someone new like me: how come there are 2 forums?

Funny, most people ask and then we tell them to go search it.
You do the opposite.
You have permission if you'd like, if you can get anybody to reply to you.

VB? 2 forums? SM.com is really shut down with no new posting last time I checked.
J~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users