FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

It's looking like a good field - 14 Miatas in a group of 28. And there is some good talent coming out. This is going to be fun to watch unfold. The thing that I'm concerned about is Lake Erie Communication's ability to get enough corner workers. They are staffing a WKA event at Mid-Ohio this weekend also. So I expect them to be looking for corner workers. If you have a friend or crew person that is qualified to help out, I'm sure they will be calling for volunteers.

what does it take to be "qualified" as a corner worker?

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56
Make sure to bring all your spares, bob kucera signed up :P
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Bob kuch drives a 1.6 those things can't keep up anyway! Unless driven by one of the GL's edler statesmen, that group should enclude Cabe. Jerry the throttle is the pedal on the right! Push to the floor and don't lift off untiil the race is over. LOL

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM

what does it take to be "qualified" as a corner worker?

For this weekend, probably a pulse in order to meet the two per corner and line of sight coverage. It would be great if they understand the racing rules (like what constitutes a PUY) as well as communication protocol and incident response experience. But the call will be up to the Chief Steward.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM

Bob kuch drives a 1.6 those things can't keep up anyway! Unless driven by one of the GL's edler statesmen, that group should enclude Cabe. Jerry the throttle is the pedal on the right! Push to the floor and don't lift off untiil the race is over. LOL

I believe my buddy is trying to say "exclude" me. While I probably do use too much brake, you know my car's HP, and that will be 1/2 of my excuse (the rest being solely the driver). I do enjoy bringing the car home after an event and not having to do any body work.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56

I believe my buddy is trying to say "exclude" me. While I probably do use too much brake, you know my car's HP, and that will be 1/2 of my excuse (the rest being solely the driver). I do enjoy bringing the car home after an event and not having to do any body work.

But body work is all part of the fun
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

Those things can't keep up anyway ... Unless driven by one of the GL's edler statesmen,

I think I resemble that comment.
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
I am not going to make it so keep us at home updated over the weekend. good luck you guys on the GLD crown.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

I am not going to make it so keep us at home updated over the weekend. good luck you guys on the GLD crown.

Pooosie!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Pooosie!

Your not the first person to tell me that regarding Nelsons. I have till midnight to change my mind.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
Guthrie WHERE R U? this title is up for grabs!!!!!!! BE THERE!!!!!!! LOL

K. Webb