AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56
I had a blast racing with everyone. Def some great racing. Too bad Jerry got us in trouble earlier today :whistling:
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I had a blast racing with everyone. Def some great racing. Too bad Jerry got us in trouble earlier today :whistling:

Well spill it what did you do to get in trouble?

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Well spill it what did you do to get in trouble?

There was a car spun off to the inside of turn 13, he had a tire still on the pavement. One of the corner workers felt that the group of top 7 SM's were going too fast through the yellow. We had a drivers meeting after the race for them to let us know we were bad.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

Great racing all weekend AJ. I really appreciated the Carousel tip. It made a huge difference in my exit speed. In looking at our respective the lap times, I was reminded of rhe old racing admonition that getting to a guy's bumper and passing him are two different things!
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM

There was a car spun off to the inside of turn 13, he had a tire still on the pavement. One of the corner workers felt that the group of top 7 SM's were going too fast through the yellow. We had a drivers meeting after the race for them to let us know we were bad.

Actually, I would have called that the outside of T12, and with about 2 feet of his front end still on the pavement. In either case, the car was not in a good place. And if you look at some of AJ's key words in his quote (top SM's, going too fast), you'll know that it wasn't me.

Other than the cold, wet, mud, and probably a broken diff in the last race, I had a good time.

Un-officially, based off results sheets I picked up, the GLD SM Regional Champ Series would end up:

1. Deerwester (chasing Kuch for the Nelson inverted turtle champ)
2. Roderick (fought hard with 3 wins, but not enough)
3. Guthrie (wasn't there, because...)
4. Webb (poosie II)
5. Cabe (definitely the tortoise)
6. Hamilton (not there, but wait till next year)
7. McDonald (was he really the one who got us in trouble?)
8. Kuch Kucera (let brother Ron beat him in the first race)
9. Merlotti (put Rick off into the tires, with his rear bumper)
10. Hechler (wasn't there, thinks karts are more important?)

Once I receive the official results, I'll post the complete GLD Regional Championship Series results on the GLD website. Note that out-of-division racers (like Charlie Campbell) don't count in the finishing position of the RCS races.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

1. Deerwester (chasing Kuch for the Nelson inverted turtle champ)
2. Roderick (fought hard with 3 wins, but not enough)
3. Guthrie (wasn't there, because...)
4. Webb (fair weather racer?)
5. Cabe (definitely the tortoise)
6. Hamilton (not there, but wait till next year)
7. McDonald (was he really the one who got us in trouble?)
8. Kuch Kucera (let brother Ron beat him in the first race)
9. Merlotti (put Rick off into the tires, with his rear bumper)
10. Hechler (wasn't there, thinks karts are more important?)

Once I receive the official results, I'll post the complete GLD Regional Championship Series results on the GLD website.

Man, Rick always has to just top everyone at everything huh? Not only the GLD champ, DNF champ, but now trying to beat Kucera for the inverted turtle?? :hugegrin:

joeg5982

joeg5982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Region:wny-scca
  • Car Year:1982
  • Car Number:15
Jerry-- did your broken diff oil the entrance to the Carrousel or was that anti-freeze from another car that sent a couple off there?

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

you'll know that it wasn't me.

4. Webb (poosie II)

Usually when someone is saying it wasnt me you can pretty much assume it was them!

This Poosiie was busy flying back and forth to Greensboro NC, then driving over the top of dead dear lying in the road, to do a test day at VIR then flying back out and back in on Friday, after 4 hrs of sleep, to get into a terrific car capable of winning any 13 hr. race ever invented. We went from 5th in class to 1st in class, to 3rd in class before one of our drivers put our car on its TOP, and the AMG team put it all back together, borrowed a mirror and window net off a car already retired and got us back out into the race with about 3 hrs. remaining drove with no back window which was no big deal till the flood lights of a passing car were blazing into the mirror, with no rear window film to dim the bright lights. I drove 2.5 out of the last 3 hours and we finished 14th, with me driving a car with frame damage, a tweeked cage, and the oldest tires we had, since there was no sense in wasting another set of new tires. Big shout out to AMG, you guys rock! It was a very addicting experience, one that needs to be repeated over and over again!

I would have come to NL if it were not for the 13hr. congrats to Rick for a great finish to your season, the battle resumes in MAY!

ALSO A BIGGER AND MORE IMPORTANT CONGRATS TO MY FRIEND AJ RODERICK (aka The Kid) FOR HIS FIRST EVER SM WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE DISREGARD JERRY'S STATEMENT ABOUT CAMPBELL BEING PULLED OUT OF THE RESULTS, AJ FINISHED FIRST PERIOD EVEN IN FRONT OF CAMPBELL ON RACE 3!!!!!!!!!!!
WAY TO GO AJ, "I JUST LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER".

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
Congrats to King Rick and AJ good job over the weekend. Can't wait to mix it up next year.

AJ. PM sent.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM

Jerry-- did your broken diff oil the entrance to the Carrousel or was that anti-freeze from another car that sent a couple off there?

I've not looked to really see what happened. Going into the carousel about lap 10, I go to hit my braking point, and BANG...all of a sudden the car violently pitches sideways and my first reaction is I blew a tire. Ended up going off drivers left without going too deep into the mud. I saw about three cars spin out in the same area behind me. I motored around the outer rim of the carousel, got a point from the corner worker at T9, and crossed over to park past the station. I looked under the car as best as I could in the mud, but didn't see any issue. After the race ended, I started the car and drove it gingerly back to the paddock with no issue. I haven't inspected the rear end, and it didn't show any obvious external oil, but my expectation is that I broke a pinion tooth that jammed the teeth, locking the rear end, until backward motion of the car cleared the tooth. At least that is what I came up with on my ride home. But if there was something on the surface, that might be another explaination. I hope to look at it better tonight, and will report.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
It should be noted that Campbell started race 3 in last position - by choice. He was 1.5 sec/lap faster than everyone all weekend.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

It should be noted that Campbell started race 3 in last position - by choice. He was 1.5 sec/lap faster than everyone all weekend.

It has been noted! So... AJ Still won race 3!!!!!!!!!!! even in front of Soupy.

I feel it neccessary to remind you to note that MB has started last on purpose before at Mid Ohio before and won the race easily!

Campbell is a very good driver and track record holder at NL! My congrats to AJ is no knock against soupy, he is a class guy from all I can tell, and pretty damn fast to boot. I don't remember if i posted this or not AJ Roderick won his first SM race big congrats AJ!!!!!

K. Webb