FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
NASCAR is returning to the old days. I have been watching since the 70's In the old days if someone did you in a bad way on the track you could expect a shot in the jaw back in the pits. by the time the mid 80's came around they started cleaning up there image and started thinking about attracting viewers who were not motorheads.

The latest just seams like and extension of wanting to get ratings and viewers.

They should be setting an example. I am surprised that the way sponsors have to account for money now days that they would tolerate drivers tearing up the equipment, but I guess its tolerated.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Colin MacLean

Colin MacLean

Fly Fifer

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
NASCAR is pure entertainment. If it's good for the ratings it's good for NASCAR. That's it. Will they park him? No. If they do, the folks will not spend their money to come to next weeks race or watch it on TV to see if Busch "gets what's coming to him". It's bad enough to spin someone out on purpose while racing. It's something altogether to do it while the yellows are waving. What if a marshal was on track or a driver climbing out their car? Well nobody got hurt, NASCAR was all over the news again, life is good.

It won't change till someone gets seriously hurt I fear.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
Yeah, but when somebody gets seriously hurt, the ratings will up even further. :(

Newton

Newton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Car Year:1990
next thing we know, we will have a real life "death race" unintentionally. yay! lets contribute to our society's irresponsibility even more!!!

btw, the death race thing is a slight exageration, but i think it fits pretty well.

Blake Thompson

Blake Thompson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:137

next thing we know, we will have a real life "death race" unintentionally. yay! lets contribute to our society's irresponsibility even more!!!

btw, the death race thing is a slight exageration, but i think it fits pretty well.

will there be rose mcgowan?

BTDTRacing, LLC - ISellMiataParts.com

"I'm not making any money doing this, I'm purely doing it out of ego." - Paul Tracy

2011 Midwestern Council Spec Miata series champion

2015 Winner, SM - Midwestern Council: A Legen-Dairy Enduro, Co-Driver Stephanie Andersen

2015 Winner, ITA - Midwestern Council, Blackhawk Formula Festival

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Region:Nor/So Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:17
Let em have at it at places like Martinsville and Bristol, but keep them clean at places like Texas and Vegas, just too fast IMO.
"Punk Ass Kid" -Track HQ's top SM contributor.
Working to call myself a GT driver.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users