Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88

Last time I checked the rules stated that you had to had to run the same offset front and rear and same track width front and rear.

The car doesn't start with the same track width front and rear so running the same offset front and rear will still result in different track widths. :whistling:
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
To clarify things a bit, the rules did change for 2011. They previously required the same spacers on all 4 corners. Then it changed to equal per axle. Here they are the relevant bits with respect to dimensions (copied and pasted):

All four wheels must be the same dimension including offset.

The front track shall not exceed 1450 mm. The rear track shall not exceed 1475 mm.

If spacers are used they shall be no greater than 13mm and equal per axle.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Stix37867

Stix37867

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Region:DMVR
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:11

Last time I checked the rules stated that you had to had to run the same offset front and rear and same track width front and rear.

The wheels have to be the same offset on every corner of the car, but the spacers only have to be the same per axle.

This is why i bought +30 offset wheels and 5mm spacers for the fronts so I could bring the front track out half the distance to the rear track.

Edit: Beat me to it!
-David Schroeder

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

The wheels have to be the same offset on every corner of the car, but the spacers only have to be the same per axle.

This is why i bought +30 offset wheels and 5mm spacers for the fronts so I could bring the front track out half the distance to the rear track.

That's what I did too. Then I discovered rake and, Holy :censored: ...the car turns!

Maniac motorsports12

Maniac motorsports12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Region:SJR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:12

The GCR says nothing about the same track width. They only state the maximum track width, and it is not the same for the front and the rear. Rear is 1470 and front is 1450.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users