Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
I debated long and hard about posting this since Bruce can often seem like a fairly reserved quiet but intense person but he's also a much loved guy who does everything he can for the people and the class he loves so much, but I opted to post this to give others the opportunity to pull for him, support his loved ones, and his friends.

Bruce had a heart attack last night and surgery this moring. Lori is understandably exhausted but says the doctors report he's doing very well but in a lot of pain.

I look forward to your speedy full recovery. You don't know how much your leadership to the class and personal help have meant to me and others. I'm a bit out of practice in the praying dept. but I looked the words up to make sure I got it right and then threw in a couple of personal extra plugs for you. Get well soon Bruce!
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Michael Colangelo

Michael Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Region:Southern California
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:23
Get well Bruce!

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
Get well soon Bruce.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
You're the man, wishing you a speedy recovery, get well soon.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
Best wishes, Bruce -- appropriate appendages crossed on your behalf.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
Prayers are with you Bruce for a speedy recovery and hugs to your family...don't know them but have been there and leaning on each other is all we can do! :grouphug:

Peace

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
Hang in there dude, you'll be back at it before you know it !
(I had 3 stints put in 4yrs ago and was back on the track in 45-days)
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Bruce - never met you but have read your posts with interest over the years. Get well soon, hope you have a speedy recovery. We are pulling for you.

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE
Get well Bruce!

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94
Bruce, Hope you're as good as new in a few months.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79
Get well soon Bruce!! Had a Quad bypass in 1999 and still feeling better than before I had the surgery. :)

Pat Slattery

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
Wow, really sorry to hear about this Bruce. I pray for a fast and speedy recovery for one of the really good guys. May God grant you and your family peace and strength during this
trying time. I look forward to seeing you on the track in the near future!

Bill-

ps: thanks for sharing this info Keith!
  • Michael Colangelo likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
Bruce, :chillpill: a bit and looken for your return real soon. :thumbsup:
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Randy Thieme

Randy Thieme

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:51
Wishing a full recovery Bruce
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)
Very sorry to hear this.

Get well soon Bruce!

Prayers are with you and your family.
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Joy of 6

Joy of 6

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
Lori said that Bruce had the best in the west surgeon working him over. So he should be doing great soon. He is still under medication and closely watched. Lori is holding up and is showing her fortitude

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:3
Bruce,

Besides the fact that we need a cook for every race you are a great guy. You advice to me over the past three years has been very appreciated and now my daughter needs the same. Get well and get racing!

Terrell

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
Bruce is doing better. He's not "resting comfortably" yet but hooked up to a lot less unpleasant equipment.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jim Graffy

Jim Graffy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:01
Bruce - You were very much missed this race weekend. The buzz in the paddock was "How is Bruce doing?" We were encouraged to hear that you are progressing on the A track to recovery. This is one race that we ALL believe you DESERVE a FIRST place finish. We all look forward to more burgers, SM rules leadership, and most of all a great competitor on the track. GET WELL SOON!

Jim #01

Joy of 6

Joy of 6

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
A message from Lori said that Bruce talked a little last night, and from a recovery standpoint is ahead of the curve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users