• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Great news!! Bruce, wishing you all the best on the road to recovery. Don't lift!

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Gatoratty

Gatoratty

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:3
Bruce
Get well soon!
Paul McLester
SM #3
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
Get well my friend!
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Eric Jones

Eric Jones

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:OR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:23
The weekends are much more fun with you there Bruce. Please get well soon!
If it can't kill ya, It ain't a sport!

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
The latest from Lori:
I have FANTASTIC. news to report....bruce is being moved out of ICU sometime today. He was sitting up next to the bed and making a hilarious joke about the Steve Martin movie 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels'. My Bruce is coming back :D:D:D

<huge sigh of relief>
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:94
I had a chance to see him today and he was in a very funny mood. He was laughing at himself trying to stab Jello cubes with a fork and get it up to his mouth, but insisting on doing it himself. He was only marginally sucsessful. He is very weak and still coming off some real powerful sedatives.

I printed out this thread and read it to him and I think he got just a little weepy. :^)

It was really good to see him on the mend!
  • Keith Novak likes this
Ken Sutherland
1976 4th Grade Bowling Series-Most Improved
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dudley

Dudley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:01
I visited Bruce last night. Meds still hindering his actions. Bruce was is very good mood, and trying to be his normal self sufficient self. Says he is going to get back to his jogging 5 miles a day. Fantastic to see him doing well.

Roger Caddell

Roger Caddell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Get well soon Bruce!! The Caddell's are very glad to hear you are feeling better.

Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Car Number:94
Just got a text from Laurie; Trying to get him out of the hospitol by the weekend!!

Go Bruce!!
Ken Sutherland
1976 4th Grade Bowling Series-Most Improved
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:3
Went by and saw Bruce this evening. He had no problem stabbing the gross looking piece of chicken they served him. He also had no problem walking down the hall although it seemed like he wanted to jog instead of walk. Yes, they are planning on a Friday eviction and Bruce is ready to leave tomorrow. He is still laughing and telling jokes but also is very introspective. He needs our support and to be reminded of what a great person and racer he is. Not just while he is in the hospital, but also when he gets home.

Laurie (read amazing, exhausted wife) also needs our support, please do not forget her.

My guess is next month Bruce will be out at the track giving me crap about going so slow and telling me how to do it right. I welcome it.
  • john mueller likes this

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
Thanks for the report, Terrell -- wonderful to hear Bruce is on the mend.

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Car Number:68
I'm home now. Sorry for the delay, people are hiding my laptops and phone :D

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

I debated long and hard about posting this since Bruce can often seem like a fairly reserved quiet but intense person but he's also a much loved guy who does everything he can for the people and the class he loves so much, but I opted to post this to give others the opportunity to pull for him, support his loved ones, and his friends.

Keith, you and Leanne mean so much to Lori and I. and I rate you very high on my list of "most Interesting man in the world"!!!

Intense? I think the ICU nurses would agree with you I was a bit combative coming out of surgery, but that was just me fighting my way back! I need to find a way to thank these people for saving my life!

Very weird circumstance in how I believe it all happened (still putting it all together). I tweaked my back pullling a toolbox coverered with Snow out of the back of my truck and probably threw a clot into an artery that was already a bit clogged with good steak and fine cheese! That completely blocked the artery and woke me up at night with a pain I would rate @15 on a scale of 1-10!

After drving around in an ambulance for a while they finally found a hospital with one of the best dammed open heart surgeons in the NW and he worked his magic. The next thing I remember is waking up 3 (or 4?) days later to Ken and Lori in the ICU higher than a kite and trying to stab jello with fork. I was a few feet off but we were laughing our asses off and I think the doctor was a little annoyed when I asked him if he knew who Ruprecht was...

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Hang in there dude, you'll be back at it before you know it !
(I had 3 stints put in 4yrs ago and was back on the track in 45-days)

John, you're an animal! I'll figure it out eventually but I do know you all are a huge part of my life that cannot be easily replaced. I will find my way back!

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Very sorry to hear this.

Get well soon Bruce!

Prayers are with you and your family.

Thank you Dan. Good luck next weekend!

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Went by and saw Bruce this evening. He had no problem stabbing the gross looking piece of chicken they served him. He also had no problem walking down the hall although it seemed like he wanted to jog instead of walk. Yes, they are planning on a Friday eviction and Bruce is ready to leave tomorrow. He is still laughing and telling jokes but also is very introspective. He needs our support and to be reminded of what a great person and racer he is. Not just while he is in the hospital, but also when he gets home.

Laurie (read amazing, exhausted wife) also needs our support, please do not forget her.

My guess is next month Bruce will be out at the track giving me crap about going so slow and telling me how to do it right. I welcome it.

Thanks Terrell, Red and you were my first visitor besides Ken, but I've been getting better. Jason, Matt and Will stopped by later and we laughed so hard that I had to turn all future visitors away just so I could heal. (Sorry Everyone!) Will snuck by security last night and we talked late into the night. I'm going to be writing a very frank thread about how much we spend on racing safety vs. preventive medicine soon.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

John, you're an animal! I'll figure it out eventually but I do know you all are a huge part of my life that cannot be easily replaced. I will find my way back!

I just had stents AND it was doc ordered... I sure a hell didn't want to. Anyways, we're so happy you're doing well. Keep us updated on your progress and racing plans.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Bruce - You were very much missed this race weekend. The buzz in the paddock was "How is Bruce doing?" We were encouraged to hear that you are progressing on the A track to recovery. This is one race that we ALL believe you DESERVE a FIRST place finish. We all look forward to more burgers, SM rules leadership, and most of all a great competitor on the track. GET WELL SOON!

Jim #01

Like!

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
Mike C, Jonny D, Jim B, Ron A, Danny, Glenn, Tom, Pat S, Bill, David, Randy, Ed, Dean, Paul, Meat, Eric, Red and Roger, Pat N, Kyle K, Brian S, and everyone else, Thank you very much for your best wishes, prayers, and comments. They were all a huge factor in my recovery to-date. Some of you are already good friends and I hope to meet the rest of you sometime soon.

-bw

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
So great to hear Bruce. My cheeks are getting sore from grinning right now. Can't say much else or I'll start babbling. :D Rest up.
~Keith
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users