Randy Thieme

Randy Thieme

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:51
23 SM's now registered! Everyone don't forget the BBQ potluck at noon Sunday!!! Terrell says his BBQ sauce is the best ever but he hasn't tasted mine. We might need a BBQ sauce taste-off but you can't vote if you don't come to the potluck.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dudley

Dudley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:01
I am at track 615am. Looks like only those doing test and tune can come in today. Must wait till 4pm to come in and paddock.

Michael Colangelo

Michael Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Region:Southern California
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:23
Hey, I'll be there on Sunday. Who needs crew help on Sunday? I can change tires, clean windshield, act as a spotter, etc.

** Bonus: For $5, I'll moon the lead Spec Miatas going into Turn 10 (gotta give the mid-pack folks a chance!) :butthead:

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
It's looking interesting. During today's qualifying almost everyone went a ton slower than practice for some reason (I'm guessing it had to do with following leaky vintage cars) but it does look like lots of good races within the race.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

BrianPDX

BrianPDX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:27
Great weekend of racing everyone. I think everyone had someone to race with during both Sat & Sun races. Thanks to Terrell for the great BBQ!
Brian

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
It was an awesome weekend. I haven't had that much fun in a long time and my general impression was everyone else was having a blast too. Lots of good racing going on and lots of laughs in between. Great to see Bruce out there again even though it wasn't wheeling the car. Nice job Terrell pulling the lunch together, and hey admins...Give Randy Thyme (RandyT - #51) his checkered flag. He earned his this weekend. Great job Randy!
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Mark Lenney

Mark Lenney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Car Number:37
When do we get to do that again?!
Same feeling here, most fun I've had in ages :P

Randy Thieme

Randy Thieme

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:51

It was an awesome weekend. I haven't had that much fun in a long time and my general impression was everyone else was having a blast too. Lots of good racing going on and lots of laughs in between. Great to see Bruce out there again even though it wasn't wheeling the car. Nice job Terrell pulling the lunch together, and hey admins...Give Randy Thyme (RandyT - #51) his checkered flag. He earned his this weekend. Great job Randy!

Thanks Keith! My overall finishing position was waaaaaaay back so I'm still slow. Sunday was a fair race. #4 was ahead of me the whole time. About two laps from the end I wasn't close enough to safely attempt a dive-bomb pass in T1 but I was close enough a crazy person might try. So I faked it and #4 fell for it and took a defensive line. Lost his momentum and I made the real pass between T2 and T3.

Won't be doing CSM for SCCA races anymore. Not unless a bunch of cars starting registering for CSM at SCCA races. But might register as CSM for Doernbecher since that is a Conference race.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Michael Colangelo

Michael Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Region:Southern California
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:23
<anxiously awaiting awesome Spec Miata race video> :)

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Number:44
I had a bit too much fun this weekend, seemed like each and every driver had a blast, and nobody went home with their feathers ruffled too bad.

A huge thanks to Red for doing such a great job organizing all of the pits for all of us, It sure was nice to be pitted so close to one another. Also thanks to Terrell and Randy for getting the lunch all squared away.

Another huge thanks to everyone who came together to get Dani's car pulled out and back on track. Quite the moment to see her go out on her hardship lap, as soon as she rolled on the throttle Tom, my dad, and I all kind of looked at each other and smiled. I will have the video of the incident up tonight.

Really enjoyed the support and encouragement from everyone this weekend, thank you guys so much!

-Kyle
(Swapping from a steering wheel to a wake board for the day, let's go see if I can break anything)
  • Michael Colangelo likes this

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999

Thanks Keith! My overall finishing position was waaaaaaay back so I'm still slow. Sunday was a fair race. #4 was ahead of me the whole time. About two laps from the end I wasn't close enough to safely attempt a dive-bomb pass in T1 but I was close enough a crazy person might try. So I faked it and #4 fell for it and took a defensive line. Lost his momentum and I made the real pass between T2 and T3.

Won't be doing CSM for SCCA races anymore. Not unless a bunch of cars starting registering for CSM at SCCA races. But might register as CSM for Doernbecher since that is a Conference race.

Hey Randy....

I would suspect a larger than normal CSM field at the Ridge end of July. It only takes 5 for the contingency to kick in. Pretty sure that will be accomplished. I suspect the SCCA Ridge race will be heavily attended. Great track.

Bill-

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Car Number:68
I had a lot of fun just hanging around watching some FANTASTIC racing. Lots of questions on my return. I'm still focused on getting the business back in order and finishing rehab (cardiac :) ) and determining what I'm going to do with all the money I've saved this year :clap:, but not sure I can just give up on all you clowns yet so the gears are starting to turn slowly!
  • dstevens likes this

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Bruce, you could contribute to my motor fund! I need all the help I can get! ;) Glad to see you out there buddy, cant wait to see you back on track!

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Dani Ferrara

Dani Ferrara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Car Number:00
Well guys, I agree, it seemed like everyone had a blast this weekend and there were great races going on throughout the pack!

This was my first time racing at Rose Cup and overall it was a fantastic weekend! Of course Saturday's race turned out a bit different than I had planned, but I am very thankful that we were able to pull the car back together and I was able to race on Sunday. HUGE thank you to everyone who helped fix my car! I know I can always depend on our Spec Miata family!

This weekend was the first time I got to really race with other people, and it was the most fun I have ever had!

Thanks also to everyone who donated through my Fueling Up for Rose Cup campaign to help get me out there this weekend! It was probably the my best race weekend yet!

For those who are interested, here's a video done by PIRLive for Rose Cup...and a glimpse of my excitement after Sunday's race: http://pirlive.com/i...y-PIRLIVE-.html

www.FerraraRacing.com

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Car Number:68
Wow Dani that was a very good interview!!! Everyone check out that video. Dani concisely sums up racing in a couple sentences. Right on!

-bw

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dudley

Dudley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Car Number:01
Rose Cup was a lot of fun for me. I wish to congratulate Randy on his total performance over the weekend. Terrel and Nels had some great racing, and I believe a great time. Serridan and Danni did great, hope had a good time. Thank you everyone for I hope no real issues with the paddock assignments. Was my first time setting up, and there was our designated area. Thanks Terrel for you wonderful smoked meats, and everyone else for their buffet contributions, was a great lunch.

This is such a great group of people to be associated with, I thank you all for a great weekend.

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Here is the video from Saturday's crash involving Dani. This is her in-car footage.

What does everyone use for video editing? It took me 4 hours using windows live movie maker to make this 35 second clip.

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
What happened to her? Tough to tell from the video, looked like maybe she had a car on her left rear that she didn't see.

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
In her words, the car pulled alongside her on the outside of three. She thought she left him enough room, and contact was made.

He said he was afraid to dip his tires into the dirt and spin.

Dani Ferrara

Dani Ferrara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Car Number:00
According to a corner worker who watched the whole thing happen through T1-3, he kept trying to pass me on the outside of each turn, and was getting frustrated. He was a faster driver that had fallen back due to a spin earlier in the race. The corner worker said I left him enough room on the outside of 3, and he watched him come over on me. The other driver did tell me that he was afraid to dip tires into the dirt because he thought he would spin. As a driver I take at least 51% of the blame. I realize I could have left him more room, and you can see me looking in the mirror to make sure I had, which as I glanced back I watched him turn into me, so it's hard to say really. I'm sure more experience on both ends would have resulted in a different outcome.

www.FerraraRacing.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users