Tefkatt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:23 am
Hi everyone,

Online registration for the 2012 edition of the I.T.SPEC*tacular July 27th-29th at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course is now open at http://www.motorsportsreg.com or go directly to the registration page http://www.motorspor... ... 413EC84666

Events include PDX, Club Trial, and of course Road Racing. Mid Ohio will be hosting the Twilight test and tune on Friday evening and Teen Defensive Driver Schools.

This years event is open to the general public so spread the word among your friends. Tickets are $10 per person and are good from the hours of 8 am- 5pm each day. Mid Ohio will be selling the tickets at gate 3.

Race Groups are as follows

1) F2000
2) F1600
3) ITA, IT7, ITC
4) SRF, EP, FP, HP, GTL
5) SM, STL, STU
6) FA, FB, FE, FM, S2000, ASR, DSR, CSR
7) ITE, ITR, ITS, ITB
8) Club Trial ( Saturday only)

Race Entry fee is $299 for 2 days, additional class is $125
$245 for 1 day, additonal class is $60
$330 for 2 drivers sharing 1 car over two days.

Thanks for the support from the following Sponsors and Pro & Amature racing series

Performance Alignment ( Thanks S2000 driver Bill Braucksick)
Continental Motorsports ( with a shop at the track in the middle paddock at Mid Ohio)
Jeff Loewe Photo ( You will find Jeff in Garage #1 at Mid Ohio for the race weekend)
Race Keeper ( Thanks ITB driver Bill Stevens!)

I.T. National Tour presented by Cool Shirt Systems ( Thanks Bruce Baker!!!)
SCCA Pro F2000 Championship
SCCA Pro F1600 Formula F Championship

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
Race Chairman
Cincinnati Region SCCA

Tefkatt

Tefkatt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd give an update on the SM race group for the race. As of today there are 9 SM drivers signed up including

John Scheuing ( Michigan ) 2011 I.T.SPEC*tacular Overall Champ in Spec Miata

Rick Deerwester ( Ohio) 2011 Great Lakes Regional Champ and 3rd overall at last years I.T.SPEC*tacular

Steve Bertok ( South Carolina) 2011 Central Carolina Pro Spec Miata Champ

Dillon Machavern ( Vermont) 2011 Spec Miata Shoot Out Champ at Carolina Motorsports Park

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Region SCCA

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM

Hi everyone, Thought I'd give an update on the SM race group for the race. As of today there are 9 SM drivers signed up including John Scheuing ( Michigan ) 2011 I.T.SPEC*tacular Overall Champ in Spec Miata Rick Deerwester ( Ohio) 2011 Great Lakes Regional Champ and 3rd overall at last years I.T.SPEC*tacular Steve Bertok ( South Carolina) 2011 Central Carolina Pro Spec Miata Champ Dillon Machavern ( Vermont) 2011 Spec Miata Shoot Out Champ at Carolina Motorsports Park Best Regards, Todd Cholmondeley Cincinnati Region SCCA

Todd - You missed Deerwester's greatest accomplishment - 2011 Great Lakes Division DNF Champion

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
How's Rick doing in DNS points after last weekend?
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM
I have a feeling that he is trying to lock up the 2012 DNF/DNS Championship early in the season.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tefkatt

Tefkatt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd put a plug in for our latest sponsor Holliday Canopies. This will be Wes Holliday's 30th year of racing. You can check out his new logo on this years I.T SPEC*tacular t-shirt.

So far we have 13 Spec Miata entries out of a total of 34 participants. Another 18 folks are driving in the Friday PDX. We need instructors for a growing Novice class again this year so if you feel like giving back some of your time we would appreciate it. Its an all day commitment but in return you can run your car in the advanced/instructor group for $50. Contact Bill Niemeyer Jr. at Niemeyer65@hotmail.com if interested.

Best Regards,

Todd

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Hows come STL and STU get lumped in with SM when, so far, there's only one each? Why not put them with SRF/F prod (4 entries so far)?

I'm only asking because I want to know.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
All I know is that this is a great event, Had a blast last year, Particularity, The Party at Dr. Evil's garage. Lets get some more SM's signed up and we will get our own run group.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
It is a great event - made even greater by the fact it was one of the few events that gave SM it's own run group.

Tracy Fowler - OPM

Tracy Fowler - OPM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
This was one of my favorites last year! Can't wait to see who's going to go, it's going to be some great racing.
Tracy Fowler
www.OPMAutosprts.com

Charles Boehly

Charles Boehly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Finger Lakes
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:51

Hows come STL and STU get lumped in with SM when, so far, there's only one each? Why not put them with SRF/F prod (4 entries so far)?

YES!! Move them so I can double dip in STL too!
Charles Boehly
SM #51

Tefkatt

Tefkatt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

STL and STU usually are I.T. cars taking advantage of driving in a second class much like some SM drivers like to drive in ITA or ITS. The race committee decided to place the two classes in with SM instead of adding more to the SRF/Prod group.

Todd

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9
I agree.. Move STL apart from SM and with a little room in between.. ADD one more to the list who will sign up..
Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tefkatt

Tefkatt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
I apologize that I didn't anticipate SM drivers wanting to run in STL. Duh me. I will have to remember that for next year. At this point the only way STL, STU will move is if the SRF, EP, FP, HP race group stays really small, and the SM, STL, STU group gets way big. Which is the case right now with 19 SM all ready signed up and 3 weeks to go before registration closes. With reps. from, South Carolina, Vermont, New York, Michigan, Pennsylvaina, Indiana and Ohio it looks like a fun group.

Todd

Tefkatt

Tefkatt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

I apologize that I didn't anticipate SM drivers wanting to run in STL. Duh me. I will have to remember that for next year. At this point the only way STL, STU will move is if the SRF, EP, FP, HP race group stays really small, and the SM, STL, STU group gets way big. Which is the case right now with 19 SM all ready signed up and 3 weeks to go before registration closes. With reps. from, South Carolina, Vermont, New York, Michigan, Pennsylvaina, Indiana and Ohio it looks like a fun group.

Todd

Oops! Make that 21 SM. Total car count for race group is now at 25.

Tefkatt

Tefkatt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Oops! Make that 21 SM. Total car count for race group is now at 25.

Add 4 more SM. Now up to 25.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Add 4 more SM. Now up to 25.

We should be in our own run group territory don't you think? By the time we get to the event we should be at 30 plus. Way to go SCCA

If your thinking of doing the NASA Nats this is a good time to get up and do some testing.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Tefkatt

Tefkatt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

We should be in our own run group territory don't you think? By the time we get to the event we should be at 30 plus. Way to go SCCA

If your thinking of doing the NASA Nats this is a good time to get up and do some testing.

A decision on any change to the race group will be made a couple of days before the event. I am watching very closely.

Todd

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
SM is now up to 30 cars. Sweet. It says OPM, Tom Fowler and the boys are signed up. Looks like I will be eating good that weekend! Forget your driving Tom, its Tracy Food that is the highlight. :rolleyes:

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Tefkatt

Tefkatt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

SM is now up to 30 cars. Sweet. It says OPM, Tom Fowler and the boys are signed up. Looks like I will be eating good that weekend! Forget your driving Tom, its Tracy Food that is the highlight. :rolleyes:

You are correct. OPM will be at the event.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users