FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
Tom I know its been awhile since you were at mid O, I normally don't share my track secrets but You are a nice guy and i have been on your free lunch wagon too.

The track has 15 turns, its best if you make all of them and stay on track. See Below:

Attached File  TrackTurns.pdf   29.2KB   23 downloads

Look forward to seeing you guys, Beer is in order.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Well its not as much a magic number as how the groups shape up, the other class drivers agree to move and the Chief steward agrees to let that happen. But you guys are making a case for it. :-)

Todd

Can we lobby to run the pro course? or put to vote? I thought we did Pro last year.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
I vote club course.

One of the ST cars bugged-out, leaving two. Did one of you say something to them?
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Makes no sense to keep ST in with SM when several SM racers have already said they would race ST in adition to SM if it were in a different group. May have waited to long to capitalize on that at this point, personally I dont care what class we race with long as it isn't SRF. From a business standpoint, SCCA should never mix groups where there is potential crossover class racing, it only limits their ability to increase revenue. Example: SM should never race with IT, or with ST. Stick IT or ST with other groups but never the same group as some will race IT and ST and SM. Especially those that are traveling long distance, it will also help to attract the traveler as the cost of travel per track time is greatly reduced with added track time opportunites. If that wasnt the case simple single nationals would be highly attended, which they are not, exception being the June sprints.

I understand the SCCA is a club not a business, but IMO it should start thinking more business strategy when putting on events. just my 2cents... Now back to my vacation time :)

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM
The format that the IT/SPEC*tacular has followed has been to alternate year-to-year between the Pro Course and the Club Course. This is the year for the Club Course (2.4 mile utilizing the chicane before the Keyhole. I like both and if pressed to say which I like best - I would pick the Club Course (but then I don't pass that many people).

And I really doubt that you will notice if there are a few other classed cars intermixed.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charles Boehly

Charles Boehly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Finger Lakes
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:51

Makes no sense to keep ST in with SM when several SM racers have already said they would race ST in adition to SM if it were in a different group. May have waited to long to capitalize on that at this point, personally I dont care what class we race with long as it isn't SRF. From a business standpoint, SCCA should never mix groups where there is potential crossover class racing, it only limits their ability to increase revenue. Example: SM should never race with IT, or with ST. Stick IT or ST with other groups but never the same group as some will race IT and ST and SM. Especially those that are traveling long distance, it will also help to attract the traveler as the cost of travel per track time is greatly reduced with added track time opportunites. If that wasnt the case simple single nationals would be highly attended, which they are not, exception being the June sprints.

I understand the SCCA is a club not a business, but IMO it should start thinking more business strategy when putting on events. just my 2cents... Now back to my vacation time :)

What he said! :)
Charles Boehly
SM #51

Tefkatt

Tefkatt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati

Unfortunately for this year it is a bit too late. The only potential move is to put STU and STL in with SRF and the prod cars. So that would defeat the purpose of not putting "SM" and SRF together. I'll keep your thoughts in mind for next year though.

Todd

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
How about a split start? 35 SMs in one wave and 3 STs in the other. :D

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

If that wasnt the case simple single nationals would be highly attended, which they are not, exception being the June sprints.

Now back to my vacation time :)

Hmmm, in the CenDiv for 2011 there were 4 stand alone nationals & 1 double national at the Farm with an average car count of 194/race.

Hmmm, again in the CenDiv for 2012 there are 4 stand alone nationals & 1 rational up there in MN where they catch more fish which is more likely than the cars they catch. Don't have the car count for 2012, but to date there are 196 cars for the stand alone CowBoy national at Road America this weekend.

Agree, but the SCCA is really a bunch of franchises that must turn a profit or their gone.

Therefore today we dis-agree on the first topic & agree on the second topic. :scratchchin:

Back under my rock. :wave2:

BUT, before I go, was that Nelson video the other day the Ralph Nader Regional? :peace1:
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dan Tiley

Dan Tiley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Region:SEDIV
  • Car Number:33

Can we lobby to run the pro course? or put to vote? I thought we did Pro last year.

PRO COURSE!!! PRO COURSE!!! PRO COURSE!!!

Just the word "PRO" alone in the name helps just a little bit to offset the fact that we race chick cars.

• CruzanTom likes this

Tefkatt

Tefkatt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati

How about a split start? 35 SMs in one wave and 3 STs in the other. :D

Correct that. 38 SMs race group now at 40 entries.

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM

Just the word "PRO" alone in the name helps just a little bit to offset the fact that we race chick cars.

Dan,

Glad to see you coming back north. I've heard that you are starting to talk funny. If you want to run the Pro Course though, you will have to come to next year's IT/SPEC*tacular. Or, OVR's fall race runs Pro one day, and Club the next. And the last two years we have had a support race with Grand Am where we run with the Pros (but on the Club Course)

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Correct that. 38 SMs race group now at 40 entries.

You mean another ST bugged-out?

Who in their right mind would want to race with 38 crazy Smash Pinata drivers?

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Hope it rains.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

You mean another ST bugged-out?

Who in their right mind would want to race with 38 crazy Smash Pinata drivers?

So.. your saying you not in you rite mind? You kno i not in my rite mind! LOLOLOL cant wait till see everyone even those other poor souls that have to race with us...

K. Webb