CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:44
Fowler won, Todaro second in a tough race. They had a great race. Not sure about the other finishers but I believe Skip Brock was 5th. Cottrell got spun in the Carousel in the first lap, hit by another car, and then I hit him hard and we both were out.

Terrible end for Mike and me but I had a great time the rest of the weekend. Thanks to all at Mid Ohio!

(null)

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26

Fowler won, Todaro second in a tough race. They had a great race. Not sure about the other finishers but I believe Skip Brock was 5th. Cottrell got spun in the Carousel in the first lap, hit by another car, and then I hit him hard and we both were out.

Terrible end for Mike and me but I had a great time the rest of the weekend. Thanks to all at Mid Ohio!

(null)

Damn Tom, sorry to hear that. Glad you had a good weekend otherwise. Congratulations to OPM Ring Master Fowler and Frank Todaro a very strong field, great job!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Rocky and Bulwinkle had a blast. Great to see all our race buddies and meet a couple new ones.

Lot's of torn-up equipment this weekend, and some hard hits. Glad no one got hurt. Hate seeing crunched cars. Saw too many drivers still racing after passing 2-3 stands displaying black flags (Saturday) and double yellows (Sunday).

Not going to say who, but someone's exhaust didn't smell like everyone else's.

Scored a cool t-shirt from Ti-Speed and some synthetic earl courtesy of Panic Motorsports. Thanks!

Congrats to Tom Fowler!
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

Not going to say who, but someone's exhaust didn't smell like everyone else's.

Scored a cool t-shirt from Ti-Speed and some synthetic earl courtesy of Panic Motorsports. Thanks!

Ditto the funky exhaust smell in grid and the great looking t-shirt from Dan Tiley's Ti-speed!
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
Congrats to Tom Fowler, for wins both days. He is a good driver and had a fast car. I did everything i could think to do to beat him, including bringing him a fresh pack of bubble gum to chew on before the race. Didn't work.

I got a chance to meet Mr. Pink, Mike thanks for the IPA, I like the idea of the local beer exchange we will have to make that a regular thing. Cruzan Tom, sorry we did not get more time to chat, my bad, I will see you in Atlanta later this year.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:44

Cruzan Tom, sorry we did not get more time to chat, my bad, I will see you in Atlanta later this year.

Frank,

I know you were working on your car a bit, especially after your troubles Friday evening. You were a fast driver all weekend and made Tom Fowler work hard for his win. I hope we will get together soon for a beer or six.

While you were busy getting your racing mojo on I had the pleasure of meeting a lot of Mid Ohio regulars. You guys have a great track and a great group of volunteers working a fun event, which is why drivers came from all over the Eastern US to race with you. I hope to be back in Ohio to race with you. Atlanta will be fun, too.

Tom

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Brocodile

Brocodile

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Region:SEDIV
  • Car Number:61
Just wanted to say that this was a great event. I've been twice before and intend to return, especially since the pro course will be run next year. The club course is challenging, but it eliminates one of the two good passing zones. A big thank you to the organizers. Also, the workers at Mid Ohio are among the best. Lots of 'em, too.
A special thanks to Frank Todaro for the selection of local beers he delivered to the OPM tent. We will return the favor in Atlanta.

Skip Brock

Skip Brock
OPM Autosports, Nelson Engines
2012 SARRC Spec Miata Champion
2012 SEDiv Regional Driver of the Year

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dan Tiley

Dan Tiley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Car Number:33
Once again, the IT-SpecTacular delivers a fun weekend of great competitive racing. We came up in force from NC with the whole family in tow. Thanks a ton to the Bertok family and Jonathan Black from Panic Motorsports for the quick truck tire swap in Virginia, as well as the loaner Hoosiers for the weekend! The OPM trailer was as hospitable as always, and had the deck stacked with serious talent across the board!

Congratulations to Tom on his two out of three wins, and taking the weekend. What most people don't know is that Tom hadn't even seen this car until he picked it up at my shop on his way to Mid-O. We had just refreshed the engine for its owner, and Tom asked us to put a quick setup on it and move the seat back into the trunk so his lanky legs wouldn't be in his chin. The guy can wheel a race car for sure! Honorable mention to Panic driver Dillon Machavern as well, who has never seen the track before and gave the leaders fits all weekend!

Also great to see all the locals: The Deerwesters, Jerry Cabe, Brian Murdick, John Guthrie, and of course, my garage mate, John Scheuing. I didn't get to meet Frank but had a heck of a time racing with him. Definitely wasn't his first time at Mid-O!

As for us, I got off to a slow start on Saturday (5th), but got my legs under me for Sunday and turned the fastest lap in the morning race. On Sunday I had a windshield full of Tom the entire time, and waited for the mistake that never seemed to happen.... well not by him, at least. Here's some video of how to blow a podium finish in IT-SpecTacular fashion.....

http://youtu.be/krFCIMC2wpo

See Y'all next year!

--Dan Tiley
Ti-Speed Engineering

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Once again, the IT-SpecTacular delivers a fun weekend of great competitive racing. We came up in force from NC with the whole family in tow. Thanks a ton to the Bertok family and Jonathan Black from Panic Motorsports for the quick truck tire swap in Virginia, as well as the loaner Hoosiers for the weekend! The OPM trailer was as hospitable as always, and had the deck stacked with serious talent across the board!

Congratulations to Tom on his two out of three wins, and taking the weekend. What most people don't know is that Tom hadn't even seen this car until he picked it up at my shop on his way to Mid-O. We had just refreshed the engine for its owner, and Tom asked us to put a quick setup on it and move the seat back into the trunk so his lanky legs wouldn't be in his chin. The guy can wheel a race car for sure! Honorable mention to Panic driver Dillon Machavern as well, who has never seen the track before and gave the leaders fits all weekend!

Also great to see all the locals: The Deerwesters, Jerry Cabe, Brian Murdick, John Guthrie, and of course, my garage mate, John Scheuing. I didn't get to meet Frank but had a heck of a time racing with him. Definitely wasn't his first time at Mid-O!

As for us, I got off to a slow start on Saturday (5th), but got my legs under me for Sunday and turned the fastest lap in the morning race. On Sunday I had a windshield full of Tom the entire time, and waited for the mistake that never seemed to happen.... well not by him, at least. Here's some video of how to blow a podium finish in IT-SpecTacular fashion.....

http://youtu.be/krFCIMC2wpo

See Y'all next year!

--Dan Tiley
Ti-Speed Engineering

Dan I am sorry we did not get to have a face to face, yes we had some fun and close racing. vary clean racing with you. Lets make sure we get a hand shake in next time. I did get tired of looking at your bumper, Sorry about your sunday ending that way, I would have rather got a pass done.

See you on the next one.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Dan Tiley

Dan Tiley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Car Number:33

Dan I am sorry we did not get to have a face to face, yes we had some fun and close racing. vary clean racing with you. Lets make sure we get a hand shake in next time. I did get tired of looking at your bumper, Sorry about your sunday ending that way, I would have rather got a pass done.

See you on the next one.

Absolutely... Congrats to you on a very solid weekend!

Tom OPM

Tom OPM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Region:SE
  • Car Year:1990
For those of you that have never made this event you need to go. The racing was great, the weather perfect and the local SCCA people could not have been nicer.
We had barely started to unload on Fri and Frank was at the trailer with a cooler of cold local beer, great people.
We had clean, close racing over 2 days with the fast local drivers and the killer group from the SE that made the trip. Steve and Dillon from Panic and Dan from Ti-Speed were in the mix all wknd. Dillon had never been there and passed me for 2nd Sun. morning like no big deal.
Skip Brock had another very solid wknd and was right there every session, but for a balky trans that we finally changed and his Nelson Engine was good down the back straight. Tom Hart was great for his first time ever until the seas parted and things went pink. Mr Pink finally found the handling he was looking for and was headed to the front but....
Dan and Ti-Speed thanks for the set up and the strong engine. I have run this event a lot and had never been better than a second in one of the races. Now 2 wins and a 3rd and the wknd title. Thanks
To all the local drivers it was a blast and great close racing.
And to Stephan Tisseront thanks for the car, I think its sorted out now.
  • CruzanTom likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users