158 replies to this topic

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

Pat sorry to hear about all the argie-bargie up front.

That's how SM seems to be these days. We have posts like Daniels' where lappers are mentioned but the real issue is head in ass syndrome from the lead pack. We see it time and time again. It's not the slow guys you have to worry about making low percentage moves, it's the guys in the top ten. Coming from karting and circle track, that sort of aggression is normal. If it's an important race and you're up front, there is going to be some beating and banging. That's just how it is. At least the good slow guys get out of your way.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Can I assume Tom Long was driving a Race Engineering car/motor?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
Probably a roush/Yates motor like in the continental tire car lol. Wish I had one of those!!
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

That's how SM seems to be these days. We have posts like Daniels' where lappers are mentioned but the real issue is head in ass syndrome from the lead pack. We see it time and time again. It's not the slow guys you have to worry about making low percentage moves, it's the guys in the top ten. Coming from karting and circle track, that sort of aggression is normal. If it's an important race and you're up front, there is going to be some beating and banging. That's just how it is. At least the good slow guys get out of your way.

Little confused about the quote, could you elaborate?
In my limited experience running with some of the fast guys, argie bargie is not tolerated. Rubs and bumps are par for the course but punts are higly frowned upon. I have had several races this year when a lapper has pissed himself and spun unassisted looking in his mirrors. Slow guys don't usually get caught by the front runners, inconsistent erratic drivers get caught by the front runners.
  • tferranti likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
How many tried shaved stickers? A report on the effectiveness would be appreciated.
  • William Keeling likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Sitting in airport... finished second in STL today. I almost had it :( There was a full course caution and that meant traffic. I was able to move swiftly through traffic ( SM style :) ) I was leading on last turn of last lap only to get blown away by an RX7 before the finish line.
BTW..no one is blaming the car we were about to lap for the incident. Just a bad series of unfortunate events. He/she did nothing "wrong", wrong place, wrong time.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Also for what is worth.. last night at dinner with Berry, Buras and Sandlin.. We all each believed that we would have won had the incident in the kink not happened. :spin: Typical racers. :noidea: I guess we will find out in September :)
  • john mueller likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

That was Terrible luck Craig you ran a great race!!! And dr.doom there is a spec tire but not a spec condition of the tire heat cycle ect.. Use your brain!!!

It's Domm. Use your eyes and sense of humor!!!
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

screaming monkey

screaming monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Region:WI
  • Car Number:65
Thanks Danny for saying what we were all thinking at the drivers meeting. Good Honest communication resulted in a better race. Not a lot of BD penalties though :scratchchin:
  • mellen likes this

Richard Scott Mooney
"Warm up your tires, brakes and brains"

tburas56

tburas56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:56
Tom Long crossed the stripe first, he won. Avoidable contact moved him to third.

Thanks to OPM Motorsports and East Street, they worked tirelessly on my setup of the car. Tim and the boys were awesome. Tom Fowler made one big swing at the car before the race and it worked. 1 for 1 at the sprints.

Tracy can cook boys; Lunch at OPM next time you are at the track!!!!

East Street Racing: Jim, Pat and Craig, the best teammates a guy could want. Class of the field, never seen anyone work as hard as they do on everything. Not one detail left unturned before a race

Pat and Craig, you drove like a man on a mission, really bad luck. I need a radio.

Danny on the track in the first practice kept me off suicide watch. Thank you.

Traqmate, SafeCraft, thank you for your support.

Road America is not a 1.6 track. Period.. at best I would have been able to get 2nd if all the cards and stars lined up. Too many hills and once in traffic the momentum is gone. By yourself in a 1.6 (awesome) you can roll through the corners but in traffic…Screwed…
I guess that is why we race; nothing is set in stone.

Voytec, sorry…. you would have made things very interesting

All the people pulling for the little 1.6 that could “it’s appreciated”, especially Jim at East Street….
  • john mueller, CruzanTom and screaming monkey like this
Donor - Made PayPal donation SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner - World Challenge Winner - World Challenge Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda - Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda MX5 Cup Winner - Has won a Race in the MX5Cup.com Series We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Great post Todd. Yup I think we all felt for Voytek and Wheeler. Their game is so good this year it was a pity that they were not there in the mix.

Two more things
  • throughout the weekend they did random impounds to test fuel - do not know of any cars failing, certainly did not smell anything
  • unaware of any tire shaving, but lots of debate about how old a tire to use, how many heat cycles, how much pressure, how much toe in and out, blah blah blah

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
JD - glad to see you cleaned up your 2nd post - either it was auto-correct killing your spelling or you were imitating KW imitating AC!!!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Blow me!!!!!!!!

Why is dyslexia a gift?
Posted Image
Dyslexic people are highly creative, intuitive, and excel at three-dimensional problem solving and hands-on learning. Our visual and holistic learning style means that we learn best through the creative process, with methods that focus on mastery of the meanings of words and symbols.
The true gift of dyslexia is the gift of mastery. When we use learning methods that fit our thinking style, we can excel in academics and read and write efficiently.

Read more: http://www.dyslexia.com/#ixzz1y96wDxsH

• Danny Steyn likes this

K. Webb