Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Civilization in the form of beautiful downtown Streetsboro is only a short 20 minute drive from NL. For romance I highly recommend the Hiram Inn.

I dont know Hiram, what class does he race Majic Carpet, Camel, donkey? LOL I think you see the point of my previous posts. While AJ loves the place cause its next door to his house, and Soupy loves it cause he owns like its his biatch, most of us are not the thrilled with the place. I actually think the track layout is very cool and fun, but its still a dump no matter how you look at it, the accomodations are dumps, the food is lowest diner quality at best, its in the middle of god know where. Not sure why there even is a National race held there when the one of if not the largest classes in SCCA "SM" can only get a handful of cars to show up. Reality says if the trend continues they be out of biz up there sooner rather than later.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56
With many other events scheduled on the calendar around our event and with the uncertainty of entries, and the general economy.

Like I said, not based off JUST uncertainty of entries

Kyle, I live 20 minutes away and I cant even tell you what city its in. LOL and their food is actually pretty good for a small concession stand.

plus im working on the whole soupy thing :devil:
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9
I for one like the place( Kristen does too)--no its not fancy---but either is the pricing to race there.... As far as the track---- I love the layout... Food---after the June SCCA Reg. was great and the people are friendly..... KYLE LOVES Mid-Ohio and only likes to race in his sandbox.... :)
Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Love Ledgestan. That corner of Ohio is beautiful - the historic Western Reserve.

Now if I wanted to create rumors I'd say that NEOhio probably lost their ass (big time) on the Firecracker and would default like Cleveland if they held the August regional.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

I for one like the place( Kristen does too)--no its not fancy---but either is the pricing to race there.... As far as the track---- I love the layout... Food---after the June SCCA Reg. was great and the people are friendly..... KYLE LOVES Mid-Ohio and only likes to race in his sandbox.... :)

Don't give me that I been to ATL now 5 times thats far from my sand box and I get my ass handed to me each and every time I've gone, it dont stop me from going though been to Watkins as well and would have gone this year only they didnbt have a dbl national. I get to race in a large fields full of talent, at both of those venues. At nelson there is never a deep talent pool. Not taking anything away from soupy and AJ they would both kick my ass there I am sure :) if tacos or bbq at the track is you fancy scca does it better than anyone. If I had a motorhome nice as my house liek the Novaks maybe I owuld go to some dumpier tracks lol.

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I have been to Nelsons several times, my concern is more about safety.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56
I don't think its as bad as you think Frank. Unless I'm missing out on some facts
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
4-5 years ago you could count on an additional 6-7 very talented drivers to enter at Nelson. Those drivers don't race SM anymore. I really should start a list of everyone who's dropped out of this class in our division. There was a time when 40+ SM fields were common.

Are there statistics that support that Nelson is more dangerous than other tracks?
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

4-5 years ago you could count on an additional 6-7 very talented drivers to enter at Nelson. Those drivers don't race SM anymore. I really should start a list of everyone who's dropped out of this class in our division. There was a time when 40+ SM fields were common.

Are there statistics that support that Nelson is more dangerous than other tracks?

There will always be people moving into and out of the class, money, family, other special interests, moving out of the area, etc. Some my even take a season or two off only to re-enter at a later point. The trend I have seen in my short time 3rd season, is less turn out at some of the smaller name tracks, and more attendance at the larger named tracks, Its no mystery why NASA in our area races 3 weekends at Mid Ohio, more than any other single course. A trend that SCCA also seems to follow with. They simply try to go to the tracks where they can sell the most entry fees. Also the larger name tracks are usualy a longer milage course which allows more entrants per class than most of the other shorter courses as well. If VIR, ATL and Mid Oh, Watkins, RAM were all equal drives for me my favorite track would be Watkins, and I would pick it over all others if there were other races scheduled around the same time. Just as the NE folks are saying with the other races that are scheduled may pull entrants away from them, it's just good common sense on their part to think that if you have choices and limited budgets due to ecoomics of our time, you will choose the best venue to spend your budget.

I dont particularly feel more unsafe at NL, because I am not off course much, but if I was I would have to say their tire walls there look like an ancient pyramid one that could really ramp your car right up and over rather than just absorbing the hit. Have alos have heard several stories of SM on their lid at NL, yet never seen one at Mid ohio and I have raced there nearly every time there is an event.

K. Webb

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Kyle, I live 20 minutes away and I cant even tell you what city its in. LOL and their food is actually pretty good for a small concession stand.

plus im working on the whole soupy thing :devil:

its only 20 minutes riding your donkey through amish country, you live in the little farm house there by the gate for christ sake.

Soupy is saying right about now... Keep working on it kid! LOL

You only saying that about the food cause your tired of your dad's home cooking hahahahahaha.

K. Webb