69 replies to this topic

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

if the champs move away from Mid O

I don't believe that it's an 'if' scenario.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Scenes from the June Nelson race - y'all should have been there.

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM
What's all that smoke on the water?

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Jerry, you can't hang-out there until after the last checker of the day.

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56
was that at the track or at the park down the road
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
That is at a private camp ground next to the Nelson Ledges State Park. They have some pretty wild weekends there; music and partying even later into the night than the corner workers. Whenever the big festival weekends are going on, the local law enforcement officers have a big presence on the area roads and a command post at the round-about.

Jerry Cabe

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
The GLD Regional Championship Series points have been updated to reflect the Cincy IT/SPEC*tacular. They are posted on the GLD website at www.greatlakes-scca.org . Some changes in positions, and several are challenging Deerwester to be the 2012 DNS/DNF Champion, including me.

Jerry Cabe

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

That is at a private camp ground next to the Nelson Ledges State Park. They have some pretty wild weekends there; music and partying even later into the night than the corner workers.

Jerry goes there all the time. Wears a tie-dye and tells the ladies his last name is 'Garcia'. CLEANS UP!

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Why did you think my hardtop and mirrors got painted "tie-dyed" last year?

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
GLD Regional Championship Series points are now posted relecting OVR's Autumn Classic on 9/1-2/12. Go to www.greatlakes-scca.org . With two race weekends remaining in the season (OVR @ Mid-Ohio and NEO at Nelson), I just want to remind everyone that in order to trophy, you need five races, and you have to have run at a minimum of two GLD tracks.

Jerry Cabe

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Current points leader hates Nelson. Will he go anyway? :spin:

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56
Im gonna guess with a big NO on that one :P
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
The top 3 in SM points have only run at a single track. No multiple track - no trophy.

Jerry Cabe

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Current points leader hates Nelson. Will he go anyway? :spin:

I guess we will just have to wait to the end of the season to see. But even if I did run a different track with the 4 races at nelsons I think you have to do that event as it could be 48 points if someone would sweep all 4 events.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Im gonna guess with a big NO on that one :P

Just running one race at a second GLD track will count. I like Nelson, and it's unique character.

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Year-end results for the GLD Regional Championship Series are posted on the GLD website. However, I posted these as provisional because I have not been able to get an answer from the Chief Steward and/or Chief of T&S for the Neohio Quad, if the Official Results that I was sent (and used to calculate the year-end points) are correct. The Chief Steward indicated he had an issue, but between the two of them I have not been given any info on what, or if, an issue exists.

Jerry Cabe

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
Jerry, having watched via race monitor all 4 races, it looks correct, not sure what the issue is, for those going to look at the points, only the folks in gold highlight are qualified for the trophy, as those are who satisfied running at two or more tracks during the season.

http://www.greatlake...2012-102412.pdf

SO i am going to congratulate again, John Guthrie for P1 and Kyle Webb P2 and Bob Kucerea P3 for the GLD champ series. Having race all three of these dudes over the season it was a fun, clean, fight. Its cool that this was a seriously close contested championship. Very close point spread.

Next year it will even be better. There is a serious effort underway to step up our game in this regional. Its good but we want to make it better than good.

See you all next spring and let the battles begin.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
2013 Great Lakes tech team (that's Frank in front)

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
The posted year-end results are now considered official. And let me congratulate everyone that participated in the GLD Regional Championship Series in 2012. There were a total of 56 different competitors in SM from the GLD. And for the 14 SM races in the GLD, there were a total of 311 participants, averaging 22.2 SM's per race (46 was the max). This was by far the most popular class in the GLD with the next most popular being SRF with 128 participants over 12 races.

And per the RCS Rules, Frank does finish in 1st place ahead of Guthrie (based on more 1st place finishes) even though they tied with 62 points. Kyle Webb finishes third with 62 points, and Bob Kucera in fourth.

Jerry Cabe

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
So who is GL Regional champ?

Is there a multi-track rule in effect?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users