Gatoratty

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:3
I thought that Danica ran a pretty good race until Villeneuve drove like a moron trying to pass Max Papis into turn 5. She was road racing for the first time and more than held her own against some very seasoned road racers. I enjoyed the race!

(null)
Paul McLester
SM #3
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Randy Thieme

Randy Thieme

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:51

...She was road racing for the first time ...

(null)

Maybe the first time road-racing in NASCAR but plenty of prior experience in IRL. Dissapointed to see her get punted though, I was hoping she'd take third.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

I don't think Nelson is too worried about comparisons :) I think his primary goal was to get laps in at Road America as he is running in the nationwide series.

Jim

That's exactly what he said on his MRN post race interview. I caught the last 20 laps at the cafeteria at work, great race. Then after work Sirius/XM had a replay. I didn't see this on TV but Eli Gold said Tony Eury Jr and ol' Jack Newtown got into each other's faces after the race. Ol' Jack ain't so young so he's lucky Tony Jr didn't get all good ol' boy on him. Though he's smart enough not to get the penalty for him, or Kelly or Dale Jr. Busting Jack in the chops would have been $10k and a suspension.

What a good kid Piquet is. I didn't have a high opinion of him after crashgate but soon after he came to the big daddy of shifter kart races, the Superkarts USA Super Nationals in Vegas. Took time to talk to people, signed all autograph requests, lifted his own kart with his tuner. Cleaned his own kart and was very generous with his time. Completely changed my opinion. He was just a kid caught up in another Flavio mistake. I'm glad he's running over here now. It's good for the sport.

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

Maybe the first time road-racing in NASCAR but plenty of prior experience in IRL. Dissapointed to see her get punted though, I was hoping she'd take third.

She started in karts, went to England and ran Formula Ford, came back for Indy Lights then Champ Car then the IRL. She's got a TON of road course experience. After the race on MRN she commented that while she would have liked the good finish, the most important thing for her was learning how to run well and she certainly did that. She had a great run.

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91

She started in karts, went to England and ran Formula Ford, came back for Indy Lights then Champ Car then the IRL. She's got a TON of road course experience. After the race on MRN she commented that while she would have liked the good finish, the most important thing for her was learning how to run well and she certainly did that. She had a great run.

Amazing how many people forget her actual resume. I don't think she's the greatest driver since Fangio, but she's not the buy-a-seat girl many seem to think she is.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Amazing how many people forget her actual resume. but she's not the buy-a-seat girl many seem to think she is.

Totally argee. I've know the lady since she was 10ish (Karts). Her mom is a great lady & dad is just dad, slightly over the top around any track, but then he's a racing dad.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
I have never been impressed with Danica, she wasn't even the best girl in the IRL, She did drive very well yesterday. I was more impressed with her drive yesterday than most anything I saw her do in the IRL, including her fuel mileage win in Japan. She looked like she belonged yesterday, she ran extremely well.

It's time they park Vilenueve, he is three for three now in punting and ruining races. He is there only to win, which is fine, but blatant disregard for the rest of the field is not.
  • tony senese, john mueller and KentCarter like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

tburas56

tburas56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Number:56
It was late breaking news by ESPN 8 (the Ocho) a Certain South African we all know and Love was struck by Danica because she was told “You must have a really good motor to finish that strong”… :wave2:
  • dstevens likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner - World Challenge Winner - World Challenge Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda - Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda MX5 Cup Winner - Has won a Race in the MX5Cup.com Series We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

I have never been impressed with Danica, she wasn't even the best girl in the IRL,

That ^ statement is just like throwing a bait in the water. :fisheszzz:

IYHO, who is is/was the best lady in the IRL, CART or USAC?
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Simona Di Silvestro and Ana Beatriz are better drivers for sure (if you google the wrong ana beatriz, the other one is a lot better looking than Danica too :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Simona Di Silvestro and Ana Beatriz are better drivers for sure (if you google the wrong ana beatriz, :)

Asking you, who is/was the best lady in the IRL, CART or USAC racing is the same as asking an accountant how much 2 + 2 is. The answer from the accountant would be, how much do you want it to be. If you were to view the racing facts on the following site you would find that either of your picks for the best lady IRL drivers would be somewhere in the far distance to Ms. Danica Patrick. I'm wasn't or am not talking about the training league, I'm talking about THE IRL races.

http://racing-refere...raceyear/2011/O

No apology required, just say, gee David, I didn't have my facts correct.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Note that I said best driver... Not best results, not best team ... Results don't always tell the entire story.

Danica was on a premier team with far better equipment and 10-25x the budget of the other two combined. Most anyone who watches the series regularly would agree that the other two females, especially Simona are better drivers than Danica.

Fortunately for Danica she is American and is very easy on the eyes, I don't fault her for that. I do a gree she is a good driver, just not as good as the other two females I listed.
  • KentCarter and mellen like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

I have never been impressed with Danica, she wasn't even the best girl in the IRL,

IYHO, who is is/was the best lady in the IRL, CART or USAC?

Note that I said best driver... Not best results, not best team ... Results don't always tell the entire story.

Ah, I get it, this is a subjective deal like Dancing With The Stars.

You do remember the little story I told a few weeks ago about when I took the word "excuse" out of my work dictonary & I never had engineers with excuses after that.

If I knew how to change a profile name, your would be Spin Doctor. :spin: :spin: :spin:

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
You guys bicker like an OLD MARRIED COUPLE LOLOLOLO

If its not the 1.6 then it is the Hotest "looking" Driver in NASCAR...

Next it will be Chicago Vs. NY Pizza?

K. Webb