Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
So does nascar... jeperdy are you racing either of those series. They both limit tires on a per race basis... Are you willing to buy say 3 new sets of tires for every event? I have personaly won on 17cycle hooisers and lost on 2 cycle hoosers at the saMe track. I personally dont see what your tire limit achieves. It is just like my beleife in the tooth fairy... both are just false hopes.

If you just pissed off at scca spend your moneyh with nasa. sooner or later nasa will piss you off to. I get pissed at both myself but I am not willing to be involved in leadership with either so dont do me alot of good to bi tch about either one.

both groups have good and bad, for everyone who want to defect from scca to nasa I can assure you there is equal ammount that want to do just the opposite. Thats why baskin robbins gots 33 flavors!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:44

Based on the responses to my post, it came off as a kvetch against the fact that traveling to race is expensive. I knew that coming in, but that wasn't the point of the post.

To say you are not bitching about expense is being disingenuous. Your blog listed 6 reasons for leaving SCCA, and most dealt with your expense:

1. Traveling is "expensive"
2. Traveling takes time, time = money
3. 5/13 MARRS events were too far away for your "budget"
4. Switch to Hoosiers is a "massive uptick in tire costs"
5. No onramp between PDX and club racing
6. Safety concerns with SCCA (apparently stemming from an accident you had in April).

You have 8 MARRS races close to you and the MARRS rules only permit you to use points from 9 races (MARRS Rules 6. A). Therefore, even if you were a front-of-the-pack racer, you would only have to travel to one race to accumulate maximum points. Second, the MARRS program has always had races away from Summit. "

Today, the MARRS series has between seven and nine events each year. Most are held at Summit Point Motorsports Park, but two or three events are held at other tracks to add some variety and challenge to the Championship" (WDCR MARRS home page,

http://bit.ly/NwNaQz ).

Participate in your "local" races and have a good time but don't begrudge those who want to experience other tracks.

As for your safety concerns, they appear to arise from your accident in April that scared the be-jesus out of you. I have read your blog posts about the accident. I think you would be better served by focusing on "responsibility" for the accident rather than "blame." All drivers share responsibility, even if one driver is to blame for an accident. But that is the subject for another topic.

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

jeopardyracing

jeopardyracing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

To say you are not bitching about expense is being disingenuous. Your blog listed 6 reasons for leaving SCCA, and most dealt with your expense:

1. Traveling is "expensive"
2. Traveling takes time, time = money
3. 5/13 MARRS events were too far away for your "budget"
4. Switch to Hoosiers is a "massive uptick in tire costs"
5. No onramp between PDX and club racing
6. Safety concerns with SCCA (apparently stemming from an accident you had in April).

You have 8 MARRS races close to you and the MARRS rules only permit you to use points from 9 races (MARRS Rules 6. A). Therefore, even if you were a front-of-the-pack racer, you would only have to travel to one race to accumulate maximum points. Second, the MARRS program has always had races away from Summit. "

Today, the MARRS series has between seven and nine events each year. Most are held at Summit Point Motorsports Park, but two or three events are held at other tracks to add some variety and challenge to the Championship" (WDCR MARRS home page,

http://bit.ly/NwNaQz ).

Participate in your "local" races and have a good time but don't begrudge those who want to experience other tracks.

As for your safety concerns, they appear to arise from your accident in April that scared the be-jesus out of you. I have read your blog posts about the accident. I think you would be better served by focusing on "responsibility" for the accident rather than "blame." All drivers share responsibility, even if one driver is to blame for an accident. But that is the subject for another topic.

I never said I wasn't bitching about expenses - I clarified that I was bitching about how much * more * expensive MARRS became this year.

My safety concerns are way beyond my own wreck and I am hardly alone in this region on this one! And it's not just safety is the expense of contact and the lost racing.

Rich Hoyer
SSM #47 WDCR SCCA

SM #45 NASA Mid Atlantic Region

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE
OSB........Just sayin......

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
we have a very very very good local regional racer here in ohio! I will not mention his name...

He has been wrecked in major ways this year at both NASA and SCCA races, niether is safer than the other. there is inherant risk in all racing. with nasa if a guy wrecks you he may get a suspension for a couple races or a probation for a few races. neither keeps him from hitting you again the next time on track, and never do you recieve any compensation from the at fualt competitor. If contact is your bigg concern then I would say NASA TTE isw a great class for you. they have driver meting after every session, and there is almost never any car to car contact.

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

jeopardyracing

jeopardyracing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

OK well we can consider this debate closed I think.

Rich Hoyer
SSM #47 WDCR SCCA

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

missed spelling? SOB

K. Webb

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

missed spelling? SOB

Other Sports Beccon........
  • Caveman-kwebb99 likes this

Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

OK well we can consider this debate closed I think.

Not really....you can still take your ideas to the Region and present them........Dude you need to get thicker skin if your going to start off your newbie post "Why SCCA Club Racing Is Losing Guys Like Me".
  • Ron Alan likes this

jeopardyracing

jeopardyracing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Other Sports Beccon........

Screw that. I'm not quitting just because I don't like the direction my region is going. I'm just airing out the reasons why I'm going to do at least as much NASA as SCCA and probably more, and pointing out how this season's changes are perceived by the grass roots guys.

I'm also not going to quit because of the gruff, dismissive, machismo attitude I've encountered here on this thread. It's going to make it a lot more fun to move up the field. But I am totally baffled by it at the same time.

Rich Hoyer
SSM #47 WDCR SCCA

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

But I am totally baffled by it at the same time.

So JD gets BIG hit counts when things are slow ;)

jeopardyracing

jeopardyracing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Not really....you can still take your ideas to the Region and present them........Dude you need to get thicker skin if your going to start off your newbie post "Why SCCA Club Racing Is Losing Guys Like Me".

Seriously? A thicker skin? The responses to this post ranged from 1-2 constructive thoughts to 1) you're new, slow and a whiner and 2) find another sport.

Who wants to continue that debate? I'm saying the debate is closed because those posting it are just having fun piling on ridicule of the post, while those who support it are only PMing me in the background and mentioning that I am hardly alone. So what's the point? I get it. You guys think the post was whining because I can't afford to travel for the MARRS rounds and buy new tires often enough and / or that buying new Hoosiers doesn't move you up the field (HA!). My position is clear, yours is clear. Time to drop it.

Rich Hoyer
SSM #47 WDCR SCCA

N Bruni

N Bruni

MEATHEAD Racing Chief Complainer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:16
Rich you cant bash are series on this forum and not expect to get the response you are getting. SCCA or Nasa both have their pros and cons neither one has more than the other IMO.

As for the tires, to say you cant be compeititve if you dont buy a new set every weekend would be a false statement. I personally have continually been in the top 10 all season long and even the top 5 at times on the oldest most worn out hoosiers you can imagine.
  • Glenn likes this

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
just because you have some people pm ing you and supporting you dont make your feelings any more correct than the rest of us willing to post in the open. Every argument has an equal and opposite argument that has just as much merrit. I hope you dont quit racing scca, but if you do it will only take some time before you find something wront at nasa. it is just the way the world works, luckily my moms and dads taught me early the world isnt fair.

K. Webb