• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Chris70

Chris70

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Region:NER
The last 30 minutes of the enduro were some of the absolutely best racing I have ever seen in 47 years of being around the sport.
It was a 3 way battle with 2 teammates ( 1 was a lap down) versus 1, a hard, skilled, and above all CLEAN racing by all as it should be.
Ironic that one of them was also on S.A.C. power just to show we give customers the same motors we run, he also set fastest SM lap.
Congratulations to Elivan and Dan Moen for the incredible win and also Jeff Miller/Justin Piscatell for the SSm win by over 1 lap.
S.A.C. racing is proud of all involved
Ademir Fedumenti
S.A.C. racing
  • pat slattery likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

Thanks to everyone in the Glen Region for a fantastic event. The last 30 minutes of the enduro on Sunday was truly the best racing I have ever witnessed. Hopefully, Nick Leverone will post that video for everyone to see.

Check out Yiannis's video on YouTube...just search for the event.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Chris70

Chris70

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Thanks to Domm and Yanis , his running commentary is great.
What a race.

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:65
I've gotta meet this Yiannis dude, his gestures in his video are classic!

Great racing, I've gotta run that race next year. Hope for something similar at the 13 hour..
  • Muda likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Question... were you guys able to do this race in 1 stop in SM/SM2 cars or need a second "quick" stop?

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Number:12?

I've gotta meet this Yiannis dude, his gestures in his video are classic!

Great racing, I've gotta run that race next year. Hope for something similar at the 13 hour..

Mitch, come up to NYC for a night and we can get all the local racers together. Tomorrow night we're actually doing a screening of "Grand Prix" and cocktails. Odd Duck/Zebra Car racing are hosting.

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Chris70

Chris70

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
MItch, the rules required a minimum of two 5 minutes stops , regardless no way a miata can do 4 hours on 1 stop with stock fuel tank unless more than half of the race was under yellow

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

MItch, the rules required a minimum of two 5 minutes stops , regardless no way a miata can do 4 hours on 1 stop with stock fuel tank unless more than half of the race was under yellow

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the req pit stops, but makes sense.

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Mitch, come up to NYC for a night and we can get all the local racers together. Tomorrow night we're actually doing a screening of "Grand Prix" and cocktails. Odd Duck/Zebra Car racing are hosting.

Nice! I'll hit you up in Nov/Dec. James Hunt is now back in NYC area with BMW, I'll drag him along.

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
I've watched my video a few times...sadly my GoPro mount was pretty loose and wobbly. I might post some highlights, though.

Ok, this race was an eye opener for me. Granted I only gained about .3s off my previous fast lap, I think I got a feel for where I'm losing at least 1 sec. Plus, we really didn't have a grasp on what our fuel window was. We lost 2 laps pitting under green, only to find about 5 gal of fuel left in tank...grrr! And by the end I was running pretty well, but still had at least 4 gal left. In my mind thats usually a full tank.

Vic, wish you were racing last weekend. I love Grand Prix. I have it on HD DVD (not Bluray)..."Pete, do you ever get tired...sometimes I get tired." Love it. Say hi to Whitt and Amy for me.

Not sure if I can wait til April to race again.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Number:12?
Domm: You can always make the long haul to NJMP with the SCCA in a few weeks, or with NASA in three weeks.

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Mike L

Mike L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Region:65
  • Car Number:27

And by the end I was running pretty well, but still had at least 4 gal left.

..... that's still better than running out of fuel in T5 with 1.5 laps to go... :)
  • DrDomm likes this
Mike Lo

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Domm: You can always make the long haul to NJMP with the SCCA in a few weeks, or with NASA in three weeks.

I'm on call that weekend...not joining another organization right now. With a little luck, I might try to do a southern race this winter.
Domm Leuci

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Year:1999
Video from the 2012 Last Chance Enduro. The last 20 minutes of racing between the SM class #1 & 2 cars was some of the best racing I've ever seen. Enjoy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users