• 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
Hmmm, no chin. :whistling:
J~
  • john mueller likes this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

htron435

htron435

Can't reMember

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Region:NASA Great Lakes
  • Car Number:113

I agree... The truck is out in the open but it's normal vantage point is only about 20 feet away from where it is in my vid. I don't even know what car number hit the truck... Could anyone enlighten me?

73 -- white roof in the above photo

Jay North
ATC Trailer Dealer
www.jaynorthauto.com

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Hi all,

Before I start talking about how it went I would like to say that Nationals was a great. I also want to give thanks to Gilfus Race Engineering for the great motor, .... After this session I was sent to the dyno. As I posted before, we made less power then Yannis's car. ... Besides that, we came out and did what we set out to do. Prove we can be fast and run with the best. At least I hold the fastest time of Nationals.

Summary/translation: Buy a motor from Yanni's builder, but Gilfus is a nice guy despite being from Texas!

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Number:6

Summary/translation: Buy a motor from Yanni's builder, but Gilfus is a nice guy despite being from Texas!

HIS NAME IS YIANNIS. (and he wishes he was from Texas)
  • Cnj and htron435 like this

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:48
^^ lol

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

htron435

htron435

Can't reMember

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

as we tried to make a pass in the carrousel some guys were spinning in the last turn and forgot to put both feet in. He rolled down the track and collected us. A sad end to a great race.

Not quite accurate -- see the tire marks from the lockup in the photo above? Great driving this weekend, by the way.

Jay North
ATC Trailer Dealer
www.jaynorthauto.com

KyleLoustaunau

KyleLoustaunau

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Region:sfr
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:89

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

htron435

htron435

Can't reMember

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
Well, it would appear from that angle that maybe the kid was right :whistling:

Jay North
ATC Trailer Dealer
www.jaynorthauto.com

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Well, it would appear from that angle that maybe the kid was right :whistling:

I was flanking EJr's left side, if you locked it down I would have nailed you right in the drivers door. Your car and another one cars was getting wrecked in this deal no matter what... At least no one got hurt.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

htron435

htron435

Can't reMember

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

At least no one got hurt.

Amen to that.

Jay North
ATC Trailer Dealer
www.jaynorthauto.com

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Calm down, Drake, I was just quoting the original poster. :)

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Great. Three drivers on the podium with names I can't pronounce correctly.
  • john mueller and Alex Bolanos like this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion

Chris Adams

Chris Adams

Rep. of Lexington, KY

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Region:NASA-GL
  • Car Number:187
Hello all,

What a weekend! This was my first outing to the National Championships and I can say I've never raced anything like it. The ammount of cars was astounding and the level of competition even more surprising!

Great job to Yiannis, Bolanos, Stasiowski, and Williams!

Justin, congrats on your personal best, it was awesome seeing you run those times in a 1.6, you've seriously improved your driving this year and will be even better next year!

I had my share of ups and downs and learned a lot ove rthe weekend. Thursdays race was ALMOST the end of my weekend, I'm lucky it got most of the door and not my suspension, wheels, etc...:

Posted Image

I finished where I started on Thursday, not what I wanted, but good enough.

Friday turned out better, moving up 6 spots in the race and landing a grid spot behind Spencer and in front of Ernie in the Champ race...

Saturday was crazy. I ran the 3rd SLOWEST time on the track, somewhere in the 1:46s. I couldn't beleive how slow I was. I couldn't lean on the car in the right handers like I'm used to, I'd just push and push, which left me hitting the left handers hard. I went from 26th on the grid, back to 31st, and then up to 21st for the the checkered.

I've got some great video of a lot of peoples cars and as soon as I get some time I'll post the video up in the SMTV section.

It was great to meet everyone and I hope to see you guys at the track next year!
Chris Adams
90' SM
NASA-GL #187 SM

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Great job to Yiannis, Balonos, Stasiowski, and Williams!

Before the Texas Spelling Bee Militia chains you up to a truck and drags you around, I am going to offer you a chance to ask us to use "Bolanos" in a sentence . . . ! :)

And while I'm here, great drive to "stuh-SHOWS-kee"! (Because pronunciation matters too!)
  • Alex Bolanos likes this

Chris Adams

Chris Adams

Rep. of Lexington, KY

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Region:NASA-GL
  • Car Number:187
Feexxxed
Chris Adams
90' SM
NASA-GL #187 SM

Yiannis Tsiounis

Yiannis Tsiounis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

:-) (I did laugh out loud with this. I'm sorry I'm not Texan, but at least I _am_ from "a whole other country" too)

Adam Molaver

Adam Molaver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Region:Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Number:50
redacted
  • Juan Pineda likes this

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

i grabbed these frames from my video. they are numbered as min.sec. at 1:58, you are about two car lengths behind me. at 2:00, you are right off my driver-side bumper. at 2:01, you are front wheel parallel with my rear wheel. you are beside me at 2:02, yellow flag STILL displayed at start. at 2:03, yellow is withdrawn into the tower and you are a fender past me. at 2:04, green starts flying and you are half a car past me.

it wasn't close and should have been black flagged by start. no idea why the reposition was rescinded - its blatant.

http://molaver.org/jump/1.58.jpg
http://molaver.org/jump/2.00.jpg
http://molaver.org/jump/2.01:jpg
http://molaver.org/jump/2.02.jpg
http://molaver.org/jump/2.03.jpg
http://molaver.org/jump/2.04.jpg

ahm

No comment on whether is was a jump start, I'll let the parites involved debate that. But there is way too much gap between you, the white car in front and the lead train.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA