• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Don't worry about it - FCYs make racing more exciting.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Matt Montes

Matt Montes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
Posted Image

Somebody drop something? :)

Maybe it was a piece of Jay North's diff?

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Posted Image

Same exact punture cost Todaro, Drago and I the NASA 8 hour at road atlantis last year...

we finished on that flat tire 1 whole lap on a flat, scarey as he ll turning right but sweet turning left

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Matt Montes

Matt Montes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
I wanted to get the car into the pits but didn't want to take a chance on being a moving chicane for the leaders due to the scary as hale right handers. So I decided to park it by the pace car and stay out of the way.
  • john mueller likes this

Speedycrw

Speedycrw

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Region:Western Michigan
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:55
Here's mine:

Started 9th, finished 4th. Good race except for misjudging where Greg S.'s braking point was in the keyhole, he was having issues with right handers and broke quite a bit earlier than me, should have noticed that one...sorry Greg. Maybe should have bumpdrafted Justin the first time down back straight, but was worried about Blake and Taylor training me if I was the caboose on a three car bump draft. Second time on Justin's bumper, wanted him to move over to draft, but signalled too late...sorry Justin.

Had a chance to move up on the last lap and podium when the leader overslowed for a local yellow, timed it right, got a good run, but Alex defended quite well. Caused me to have to lift, letting Greg S defend into China Beach..

Congrats on a great drive to Yiannis, Alex, and Greg! Fun racing with everyone, Justin, Chris P., Adam, Steve, Blake, Taylor, David, fun putting some names with faces and cars! Didn't really get to meet everyone, hopefully next time. Crappy luck on the motor Justin :(

Thanks to V2 Motorsports for a well sorted racecar, East Street for last minute, quick ship transmission and rear end, and Jim Stewart for a competitive motor!

Chris Williams
2000 Spec Miata Orange #55
NASA Great Lakes Spec Miata Series Director

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
I still think sending the safety vehicle to T1 on the last lap was a bad idea.

Saw Greg's in-car. Pretty impressive drifting in the keyhole. Maybe he'll post it here.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion

Astro

Astro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:Greatlakes
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:87

Here's mine:

Started 9th, finished 4th. Good race except for misjudging where Greg S.'s braking point was in the keyhole, he was having issues with right handers and broke quite a bit earlier than me, should have noticed that one...sorry Greg. Maybe should have bumpdrafted Justin the first time down back straight, but was worried about Blake and Taylor training me if I was the caboose on a three car bump draft. Second time on Justin's bumper, wanted him to move over to draft, but signalled too late...sorry Justin.

Had a chance to move up on the last lap and podium when the leader overslowed for a local yellow, timed it right, got a good run, but Alex defended quite well. Caused me to have to lift, letting Greg S defend into China Beach..

Congrats on a great drive to Yiannis, Alex, and Greg! Fun racing with everyone, Justin, Chris P., Adam, Steve, Blake, Taylor, David, fun putting some names with faces and cars! Didn't really get to meet everyone, hopefully next time. Crappy luck on the motor Justin :(

Thanks to V2 Motorsports for a well sorted racecar, East Street for last minute, quick ship transmission and rear end, and Jim Stewart for a competitive motor!

Nice video but what is up with those hand movements on the straights? Are you humming a tune, listening to your ipod, or do you turn into Dr. Evil when you get behind the wheel?
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Joey Jordan

Joey Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:SO CAL
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:47

Oops.... posted in the wrong thread... Will upload some more video soon, heres Thursday's race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdteJ9YvETo&list=UU7BwKqPWF9sLBmtY-i6P4Zw&index=1&feature=plcp

Here is the shot of you getting t-boned from the back of my car... I also have the Fridays qualifying race where I come very close to being taken out on the second lap at the exit of madness.

http://youtu.be/uCa-6oTG0Oc
Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner -

GoRacingTV.com

GoRacingTV.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:7
Posted Image

Emilio Cervantes (Lake Forest, Calif.) won in the PTC Class at the 2012 NASA Championships. He got out to an early lead in his orange No. 49 Mazda Miata and drove away from the field.

Emilio Cervantes talks about how his team and Mazda made it happen.
Errol J Tucker Sr.
www.GoRacingTV.com
tucker@GoRacingTV.com
410-929-GRTV

GoRacingTV.com

GoRacingTV.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:7
Mazda and NASA Partnership in Grassroots Racing

Posted Image

Greg Gill, VP Marketing and Ryan Flaherty, National Chairman at National Auto Sport Association talk about Mazda and NASA's partnership in serving the grassroots racing community
Errol J Tucker Sr.
www.GoRacingTV.com
tucker@GoRacingTV.com
410-929-GRTV

Joey Jordan

Joey Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:SO CAL
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:47

Mazda and NASA Partnership in Grassroots Racing

Posted Image

Greg Gill, VP Marketing and Ryan Flaherty, National Chairman at National Auto Sport Association talk about Mazda and NASA's partnership in serving the grassroots racing community

Dayummm studmuffin! 1:48
Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner -

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Yiannis video posted on youtube...hope he doesn't mind!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
And Greg S...P3

Ron

RAmotorsports

Ernie Jr.

Ernie Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2012
  • Car Number:98
Here is my point of veiw for the Friday Quilfying Race. At the end you will see the incident. Don't worry I fix the super bright screen in the Champ video that will be up later.

Ernie Francis Jr.
www.ErnieFrancisJrRacing.com
Pirelli World Challenge TCB/GTS Driver

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Ernie Jr.

Ernie Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Here is Yannis's veiw from the back when the incident happens.

Ernie Francis Jr.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

htron435

htron435

Can't reMember

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Region:NASA Great Lakes
  • Car Number:113

Posted Image

Nope . . . the axle seal was dripping onto the exhaust when loaded in the keyhole -- that's what all the smoke was from. Didn't lose any parts (fortunately).

Jay North
ATC Trailer Dealer
www.jaynorthauto.com

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38
Not the Miata race but some crazy calls by NASA.

From NASA.
Car #08 SU has been disqualified based on rule 27.11.5 "Any contact resulting in a "punt" as defined by these guidelines" as per Figure 4 on page 110 of the CCR.

I just re-reviewed your video and dean martins. He clearly gives you 3/4 of a car, heck, your right side wheels aren't even in he dirt. You have to be willing to go off track to accomplish an overtaking pass like that. There was clearly no reason to attempt a pass like that in hat location and caused an unsafe maneuver on track. I'm sorry but my ruling will stand as is.

In car from both cars.

Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Matt Montes

Matt Montes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Nope . . . the axle seal was dripping onto the exhaust when loaded in the keyhole -- that's what all the smoke was from. Didn't lose any parts (fortunately).

Just kidding Jay!
  • htron435 likes this

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75

And Greg S...P3

Man for a car with the lowest Dyno numbers, it has some pretty darn good top end!!
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Ernie Jr.

Ernie Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Ernie Francis Jr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users