suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
http://www.trackjunk...3310#entry33310

Scroll down and watch the video of the GTS race!!! Anyone see that fire??? I don't ever remember anyone talking about it when I was there.
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Really?!? That was SE Div director Jim Pantas' "Pink Panther" SE30 and a Porsche (928?). Don't know the second driver's name but Jim rescued him from his flaming car.

The crashed and burned cars were parked just south of the maintenance garages. Gnarly!
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
WOW!!!

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

http://www.trackjunk...3310#entry33310

Scroll down and watch the video of the GTS race!!! Anyone see that fire??? I don't ever remember anyone talking about it when I was there.

I did not see it but a good friend of mine was on the radio with that driver and he was conscious on the radio saying he could not get out. a scary deal, That is why they had all the SM drivers do the 10 second drill of getting out of our cars.

It was the car driving through the spilled gas that ignited it so, this is the take away if someone wrecks in front of you and there is gas on the track don't drive through it if you can at all avoid it, the exhaust ignited it is what i was told.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

I did not see it but a good friend of mine was on the radio with that driver and he was conscious on the radio saying he could not get out. a scary deal,

Per the video, the belt latch was towards the drivers body.

Two drivers did their out lap during the test day Sunday at Road America without buckling their helmets.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users