Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70
Just to stir the pot, and give the man his due....Matt Reynolds has had one awesome season. Gotta correct the slight that SportsCar completely missed him in the predictions even though he leads the national points AND won the majors. His car was down on power mid season, but that's not the car we're going to see at Road America.

As far as Texas goes, Craig is very, very fast and I've never had more fun finishing third other than to wheelman Haldeman...but Matt has the car sorted and had the walk-away speed at Eagle's Canyon.
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
I could take a couple guesses why the actual winner of the points wasn't chosen.
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
Screw the smack & guesses, here is a fact.

WIS 57 NB
- FULL CLOSURE (38' LANE WIDTH RESTRICTION): WIS 144 NB TO WIS 23 EB (B-59-0092 BEGIN), 9/4/12 TO 10/19/12

**DETOUR:

DETOUR ON I- 43 NORTH (At the 57 split near Saukville), THEN WEST ON WIS 23 (at Sheboygan) TO WIS 57

WIS 57 SB
- FULL CLOSURE (38' LANE WIDTH RESTRICTION): OFF RAMP TO WIS 23 WB TO WIS 144 NB, 9/4/12 TO 10/19/12 **DETOUR: USE WIS 23 EAST, THEN SOUTH ON I- 43 TO WIS 57 Tuesday, September 04, 2012 Friday, October 19, 2012
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79
My prediction will be there will not be more than 1, 1.6 car in the top 10. :king:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:6

My prediction will be there will not be more than 1, 1.6 car in the top 10. :king:

From what I saw at Mid Ohio, a proper 1.6 can get the job done (and pull away from 1.8s!).
  • FTodaro and tferranti like this

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

First another 1.6 must enter. :scratchchin:

From what I saw at Mid Ohio, a proper 1.6 can get the job done (and pull away from 1.8s!).

At a 2 mile driver hustle track. :twocents:
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29

Just to stir the pot, and give the man his due....Matt Reynolds has had one awesome season. Gotta correct the slight that SportsCar completely missed him in the predictions even though he leads the national points AND won the majors. His car was down on power mid season, but that's not the car we're going to see at Road America.

As far as Texas goes, Craig is very, very fast and I've never had more fun finishing third other than to wheelman Haldeman...but Matt has the car sorted and had the walk-away speed at Eagle's Canyon.

Thanks for the nice comments Mike, it really doesnt matter what a magazine or web site says....I think ALL SM racers know Matt will be right there!!....one of the best I have seen
  • tferranti likes this
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Damn - this is the lamest SMACK thread EVER on MRF!!!!!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Rain Gods have been summonsed and responded - Full on Torrential rain all 4 days. Love the smell of rain on tarmac in the mornings!!!!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Chris70

Chris70

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Region:NER
I think it will not be exciting off track, there will be a lack of man drama this year. :-)
Donor - Made PayPal donation

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Blake Blake Blake. I just cannot see how you, a frontrunner of many years experience and multiple top 10 finishes at multiple Runoffs and NASA Championships, including significant time spent owning and campaigning each generation of car, could possibly have any meaningful input when compared to the overwhelming juggernaut of factual evidence and logic that is David Dewhurst.

Nope, I just don't see how your opinion matters at all on this - and that's not even counting adding Pat Slattery's unbiased opinion to the mix! (Sorry Pat ... you know I love you! In a Good-Christian-from-Tennessee way, no less!)

And don't bring that hack Buras into this, either, even though he has been a frontrunner for years and has spent significant time behind the wheel of every generation of car. That kind of background is simply not useful to this discussion.

Sorry - I'm with Dewhurst on this one. How can you not be, when he has made such a well-reasoned case?
  • Glenn, MPR22, Jim Drago and 3 others like this

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

I could take a couple guesses why the actual winner of the points wasn't chosen.

I know your guesses are wrong, but I can't tell you why!

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts

Sorry - I'm with Dewhurst on this one. How can you not be, when he has made such a well-reasoned case?

I don't always race, but when I do, I prefer bench racing on MazdaRacers.com than actual racing.
  • HoneyBadger - BrianW, Glenn, Alex Bolanos and 2 others like this

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts

I know your guesses are wrong, but I can't tell you why!

Posted Image
  • Gary Norris and screaming monkey like this

Blake Clements

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Bennett, Buras drove a fantastic June Sprints. Ya got to be there to win it. With that being said he could hang with the 99's but couldn't do anything with them. He got by Sadlin when Long hit Sadlin in T8 & he got by Long drafting Drago. We all know how he got by Berry & Drago. & we know how he got by Long. Bench racing is what it is. If the two of you were not bench racing you woudn't comment on my posts.

Blake, let's see how your doing a 70......... Didn't you make a comment in the add for your car something about 50 pounds over.

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Posted Image

Blake's a little confused. I believe in his animal husbandry class at A&M they tought him to go for the bovines and not the sheep.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
In honor of Mr. Dewhurst, maybe we should change the debate from who will win the Run-offs to:

A. Who has the talent to win the Run-offs?
B. Who has the car to win the Run-offs?
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Damn - this is the lamest SMACK thread EVER on MRF!!!!!

I predict Danny Steyn will finish 7th unless,

IT RAINS, then I predict he will finish second, when Buras follows Berry around for 8 laps then goes off when he tries to pass on the outside of T6. Trevor McAllion comes from nowhere to round out the podium. Drago and Sandlin will have the best looking cars as they will not leave the jackstands.

Smack enough for you Danny.

screaming monkey

screaming monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Region:WI
  • Car Number:65
The only smack that should be talked here is to the guys that should or could be racing but aren't. 24 cars? C'mon!!

Richard Scott Mooney
"Warm up your tires, brakes and brains"

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Blake Blake Blake. I just cannot see how you, a frontrunner of many years experience and multiple top 10 finishes at multiple Runoffs and NASA Championships, including significant time spent owning and campaigning each generation of car, could possibly have any meaningful input when compared to the overwhelming juggernaut of factual evidence and logic that is David Dewhurst.

Nope, I just don't see how your opinion matters at all on this - and that's not even counting adding Pat Slattery's unbiased opinion to the mix! (Sorry Pat ... you know I love you! In a Good-Christian-from-Tennessee way, no less!)

And don't bring that hack Buras into this, either, even though he has been a frontrunner for years and has spent significant time behind the wheel of every generation of car. That kind of background is simply not useful to this discussion.

I literally laughed out loud! :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users