whos coming???

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Duncan

Duncan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Looking forward to this weekend, however due to my work schedule I won't be able to leave Monterey until early afternoon.

Duncan
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

gkmccready

gkmccready

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Region:SFR/NorCal
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:4

Plan to dig the car out of the trailier this weekend and get everything prepped....it's been since June when I ran PTE and felt like I was
dragging an anchor down the straightaways vs the other cars :(...still brought home $50 in Toyo bucks for some new RR's!

I enjoyed that PTE race! Going to come play again this event? (I stopped by after that race... red #4 PTE Miata...)

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Just signed up...looking forward to it.

Plan to dig the car out of the trailier this weekend and get everything prepped....it's been since June when I ran PTE and felt like I was
dragging an anchor down the straightaways vs the other cars :(...still brought home $50 in Toyo bucks for some new RR's!

I thought I read a quote from John M that they (Toyo Bucks) were only good for 120 days.
May want to check.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Hey gang,

As I will probably be pretty scarce for the rest of the season due to some issues on the home front, Scott Neville and Jim Bucha, the co-leaders of the Spec E30 group, will be filling in to lead the Spec Miata group as well. So, after the general drivers' meeting, don't be surprised if one of them calls you all together either with or separate from the E30 group. I'd appreciate if you give them at least the same level of (dis)respect you've always given me ;-)

I'm unsure if I'll be in attendance for any of the events for at least the rest of the season, even as a driver. Please keep our already-good and improving track record of very little contact and/or flag issues intact!

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

ToddW

ToddW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:67

I thought I read a quote from John M that they (Toyo Bucks) were only good for 120 days. May want to check. J~

Good point J...we need to pay attention to expiration. If you add up claim and
redeem windows, you can stretch it out ~7 mos.

“TOYO DOLLARS” REBATES MUST BE CLAIMED WITHIN 120 DAYS FROM WHEN OFFICIAL

RESULTS ARE POSTED FOR THAT EVENT. REBATES MUST BE REDEEMED AT AN OFFICIAL

TOYO MOTORSPORTS DEALER WITHIN 90 DAYS FROM WHEN THE REBATE WAS ISSUED.

http://www.nasaprora...al_Races_V2.pdf

ToddW

ToddW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:67
Dean, hope everything resolves favorably soon. Thanks for all the time/energy you put into making
our hobby of turning money into noise more fun.
>>>some issues on the home front,

Just noticed the there is a $50 fee increase for the Oct 27-28 race...ouch. Privilege of running with a
Porsche club?

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Region:N. Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:11
I second the best wishes for Dean. We hope to have you out, even just to stroll the paddock and chat.

Anyone else a little suprised by the test day fees at sonoma? $525 for a day and $325 for a half day? Really more than racing for the weekend? I recall little more reasonable prices but...

- Speed

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
Thanks guys. I'll be fine but need a little time away. Getting completely f*?$ed over by your "friends" is never fun, but I'll be back on my feet and WAY better off in no time. Craig Evans has graciously stepped up to be interim Spec Miata Director for the balance if the season. He's a cop, so I have no doubt in his ability to keep even this motely crew in line.

Have a great weekend! Race hard, race cooperatively, race safe.

Dean

Former driver

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
Oh, I forgot. Tell the guys at registration for the test day that you are an AIM tire customer and you'll get a nice big discount on your test fee. Yet another reason to support Ron at AIM.
  • Charlie Hayes likes this

Former driver

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Car Number:27
Thanks to everyone that came out this weekend. And many thanks to Jamie for loaning me a diff on saturday so I could finish the weekend!!!

Learned 2 valuable lessons this weekend 1) don't work on your racecar when your tried. You will miss things like torquing brake bolts and 2) even torsen diffs need oil (see #1).

I would also like to thank many of you for the suggestions for the future. I will do the research and pass them along.

Great weekend everyone and we will see ya at the end of the month!!
  • Charlie Hayes likes this
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Number:42
Hey Craig, good to meet you! I'm pretty sure that funny smell in the last race was Jamie's diff deciding it didn't like the oil he had in it!!!

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:96
Yep, I don't think my current diff liked watching the backup diff kick it's ass in Craig's car, so it just decided to throw in the towel...fortunately it carried me to the checkered flag and back to the paddock. Nice drive Craig.

Props to Kyle L. for dealing with no power and still fighting hard, Marco "wild-man" Gallaher for fighting with me, and Howard Swig for a great job all weekend and for getting the old rental car on the front row on Saturday.

Also, thanks Craig for stepping in to cover the SM Director position. We miss you Dean. Charlie get your a$$ back out here with us and stop beating up on the E30 guys.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:96
Oh yeah, and let's see some video Kyle!
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

gkmccready

gkmccready

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Region:SFR/NorCal
  • Car Number:4
Anybody up to sharing some AIM data with a lowly PTE rookie? :-)

KyleLoustaunau

KyleLoustaunau

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Region:sfr
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:89

Started 17th (missed qual) finished 2nd.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
A little birdie tells me a portion is missing :noidea: :lol: If your car wasn't on crutches you'd be bored to death out front!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Car Number:27

If your car wasn't on crutches you'd be bored to death out front!

I think Someone might keep him honest...... just sayin :whistling:
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

I think Someone might keep him honest...... just sayin :whistling:

:noidea: :D Jamie says I give him no love either! Glad you made it back out...sorry it took 3 race days to get the car sorted...nice win on Sunday!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users