High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:97

Ok, I'll bite. Are you willing to show your in car video? End of debate about what you did with your hands.

Cnj

Andrew with an in car camera! Usually he does not even put his HANS on. I would say the chance of him having a camera is 5% and turning it on is 0%.
  • Glenn likes this
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
After watching the video and learning of the threats by Pat before the race I do not have a problem with what happened. I doubt Andrew tried to take Pat out as the contact was pretty light. Unfortunately, they touched in a way that took the wheel from Pats hands. It sucked for Pat but sometimes Karma does have a why to bite us in the ASS.
However, The real said turn events has to do with the SE SM. It was not that long ago that OPM, East Street, Auto Techniks, and others hung out on and off the track. Now we we spend more time pissed off then we do enjoying ourselves. I for one am over it. 2013 Nationals kick off in Sebring in January and I am looking forward to hanging out with Styen, Buras, Drago, Andrew, and the rest. I hope everybody else feels the same way.
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

After watching the video and learning of the threats by Pat before the race I do not have a problem with what happened. I doubt Andrew tried to take Pat out as the contact was pretty light. Unfortunately, they touched in a way that took the wheel from Pats hands. It sucked for Pat but sometimes Karma does have a why to bite us in the ASS.
However, The real said turn events has to do with the SE SM. It was not that long ago that OPM, East Street, Auto Techniks, and others hung out on and off the track. Now we we spend more time pissed off then we do enjoying ourselves. I for one am over it. 2013 Nationals kick off in Sebring in January and I am looking forward to hanging out with Styen, Buras, Drago, Andrew, and the rest. I hope everybody else feels the same way.

I better qualify what I am saying here... I have nothing to say about what happened at the runnoffs before or after I dont care I just want things to get back to normal! the following is no way an agrement with any actions or statements above, just the idea of getting over it.

First post that makes any damn sense!!!!!!! You guys just need to bury the hatchet and get back to racing like mad men on track and loving each others company off track. That is what attracts me to the class, and the many friends I have met racing...

Way to much bull crap on here most of this crap could be finished with a few phone calls do some venting maybe even cussing and yelling then agree to disagree and get back to being friends.

I sure hope this is over and done with by the ARRC, I know I have not been around as long as many of you but the greatest thing about this group is the comeradaries and everyone hanging out off track after a day of racing!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67

Ok, I'll bite. Are you willing to show your in car video? End of debate about what you did with your hands.

Cnj

Sure thing as soon as go racing gives it up
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
what you might be missing is that the cornor was mine after 58 missed the apex and went wide with right side steering imput watch vidio from 8 seconds to 11.00 how is it that the leaders kept going to the left and the 58 car window had clear veiw down to three please adv.
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

You know I love you old timer!

But I will bite.......

Pull that SRF and the SM out to your favorite track and invite me down for some lapping. ''Lapping" is what you will find me doing..... :) Don't go thinking because this old fat bald redneck has not been around that, that means the talent pool has surpassed me. Or, ask all those SRF guys that beat you at the runoffs what happened when I got pissed off and bought a SRF for one race to facilitate some old school back in the day posts at their site (when they were bashing SM). The result was $25k out of my pocket and a track record, pole, national win at St. Louis that still stands today in a car I never drove before. Stick that in your John Black pipe and smoke it...... I did it then, and I can do it now..... Doubt it? ;) So, when I speak on subjects I do so with some HUMBLE authority based on a tad bit of experience and a bunch of ego.

That all is said in good fun! I know that you know I have a show and that my comments need to be show worthy. Does not diminish my respect for all of you, your abilities, accomplishments and Malarkey alike!

So, Sebring or RAT? ;)

PS: Congratulate your friends and only bash them with closer friends is the ticket, I learned to live by that, might serve you too...... (that is my last free lesson for you ;) )

I will take sebring as for srf the hardest tropy to win in 2001 I wasent even racing yet cant compare sorry cant debate with you on that hale i coundnt even drive a stick till 2004

what funny is that you are a forked tong stick by your words and teach the art of war in spec miata how too take someone out without the refs seeing you still scratching my head on that one nascar billy bad ass lol

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70
Chick cars with chicks driving them. When you guys get done attending your friend's baby showers this weekend, you should all go and get a pedicure together....maybe play a little bunko and patch things up. :fart:
  • Jason J Ball likes this
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
A few random thoughts. I agree with High Chair, looking forward to having a beer with the guys in Sebring. Not much better than having a good time with guys that you can also race hard with.
I also can't blv more hasnt been said about Andrew being on the Podium 3 years in a row. I dont know if that will be done again, and his run may not be over.
Team Driving. I am amazed at the credit given to team driving. I really think the words we are looking for is Smart Driving. The East Street master plan was this.....1. Lets try to qualify on the in the top 4 or 5. 2. If we are lucky enough to all be towards the front, lets stay in line and try to check out from the group. 3. If we are lucky enough to do that, lets race as hard as possible the last 2 or 3 laps. That was honestly the grand plan.
Most of us know that a Plan during a race never seems to work out. I would have run with anyone I thought gave me the best chance to win....it just happened to be my team mate. If team mates do not qualify or run close its all a mute point. During the race I knew the plan wasn't going to work...really no big deal, they never do. Andrew was just as fast as we were, so in my mind he was now part of the team, and I was hoping for a 4 car breakaway (I just wanted the fewest cars possible at the end to worry about). I actually tapped Andrews bumper slightly going into turn one and he passed Jim. I was really hoping we just all drove smart, because I knew we were all fast.
I am sure someone will have a different opinion about team driving, but during the race, one car with an unknown driver to us could have been a "team mate"
Team mate is really more about sharing information, driving advice, set up advice...sharing in a way that you are unselfish enough to help a competitor get faster. Its also realizing that you do not always have "The Car" to win against talented drivers every race....sometimes driving smart is taking what you can get and hoping for some luck.
Did I tell everyone how much I Love Racing!
  • CruzanTom likes this
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

However, The real said turn events has to do with the SE SM. It was not that long ago that OPM, East Street, Auto Techniks, and others hung out on and off the track. Now we we spend more time pissed off then we do enjoying ourselves. I for one am over it. 2013 Nationals kick off in Sebring in January and I am looking forward to hanging out with Steyn, Buras, Drago, Andrew, and the rest. I hope everybody else feels the same way.

Not that long ago? Shit it was every race I have ever attended in the last six years? I agree with above and can tell you for my personally, As I said in the novel I wrote, I enjoy that part more than the actual racing. See my post race interviews.. That is what makes our class unique, Tough competition on the track, fun and friendship off the track. I can piss away $50,000+ a year in a lot better ways than this, I promise. If I am in the middle of a bunch of pissed off grown men acting like children, I will simply pack up shop and do something else or at least just race a much easier class :) I have opinions on this, both are good friends, shared with both of the two involved, not sharing here.

Craig
Thanks for publishing the secret master plan that I worked years to perfect.. Now I need to come up with a new one for next year. :noidea:

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Number:46
It appears there is a minimum experience, talent, and acquaintance-level requirement to post an opinion in this thread.

Bummer.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70

It appears there is a minimum experience, talent, and acquaintance-level requirement to post an opinion in this thread.

Bummer.

I don't think there's a requirement, but there's actually quite a bit of experience, talent and acquaintance-level here. At the end of the day, most of us have been friends a long time and would prefer these specific, one-time offenses get worked out in private, among friends.....preferably over a pedicure. :duck:
  • Mike Collins likes this
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Coulda been worse.
#!
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

lets stay in line

Nothing new, I've tried this for years. Talk to the driver directly ahead or behind you on the false grid and ask if they want to work together instead of battling while the field runs away, with the deal that on the last one or two laps the deal expires. Doesn't always work-out but when it does it's f'ing awesome good fun.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

I don't think there's a requirement, but there's actually quite a bit of experience, talent and acquaintance-level here. At the end of the day, most of us have been friends a long time and would prefer these specific, one-time offenses get worked out in private, among friends.....preferably over a pedicure. :duck:

what he said!
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I'm glad people know what I was saying!!! Lots of typos using an iPhone.

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Hey Mike Collins,

Was trying to send you a PM but system says I can't leave you a message. Is there a way for me to get hold of you to ask a question regarding somethings we have been talking about here?

Thanks,

James
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
mike (at) meatheadracing (dot) com

or call..my number is in my signature line.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

mior call..my number is in my signature line.

Must be a kalifornia thing.....LOL

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Number:46

Exactly. Problem is, the track isn't a private venue. It was fortunate no one else was involved.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Go Time Racing

Go Time Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

As to the team racing that was so effective at the Runoffs; do you feel the SCCA can do anything about it? As Mr. Slattery pointed out it doesn't seem to be the best path to keep the class alive and thriving. It's not enough for you to have a top car and top talent, you have to have a top team to compete for the highest prize. That is certainly not in spirit of grassroots racing. Or do you think it happens in every class at all levels and is just part of racing?

I agree that having partners at Road America is worth a lot, but I believe the results would have been the same even if Jim didn't have his team-mates running with him.

I did not attend this years Runoffs (1st time in 16 years), but have been at past years Runoffs and June Sprints races. I always kept track of Jim during the sessions to give us a benchmark for where we were at. In the past two years, I have seen Jim pull away from his team-mates cars from a tight draft. I have seen Jim fall back and be able to catch back up to a big pack running in a tight draft... with no help.

I think all this talk about team racing takes away from the run Jim put together. With or with-out help, Jim had a great car and drove the wheels off his car all week. Jim earned and deserved the win.

Do team-mates help...? You bet. Did the best car / driver win... Yup.
"Common sense... It's not rocket science."

Mike Tesch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users