Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

I have a Ron Davis that came with the car and have the same experience that it cannot cool the car during our hot summers at altitude (Miller Motorsports Park).

Did we ever get reports back on the C&R from this thread?

I don't have a C&R but...
IMO, I would try to run without a therostat and your Ron Davis if you haven't already and see how you like it.
Maybe have your new one with you in the box if needed or so you can send it back.

Had a SD and it leaked, got a Koyo and it was hot, took out the thermostat and I have to use tape.
Go figure. Got the tip from Dave W.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

I don't have a C&R but...
IMO, I would try to run without a therostat and your Ron Davis if you haven't already and see how you like it.
Maybe have your new one with you in the box if needed or so you can send it back.

I'm guessing it doesn't have a thermostat because in cold weather I can't get it past 150 or so. I'll report back once I check for sure before my next event. (Yet another winter project that never got tended to.)

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Panic Motorsports

Panic Motorsports

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Region:079 SCR
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:90
We run the same ones we sell, Mizu 50MM, 1.6 and 1.8 alike. Never had a problem that wasn't crash damage, excellent quality and performance. We've had a CX in the fleet, and it seemed to perform OK, but wasn't "nice". Take that for what it's worth.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Adam Molaver

Adam Molaver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Region:Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:50
just got one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/...298617 as a backup to the CX in my car. zero problems with the CX and this one looks exactly the same. can't beat $125 shipped!

ahm

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

I'm guessing it doesn't have a thermostat because in cold weather I can't get it past 150 or so. I'll report back once I check for sure before my next event.

As I suspected, there was only the outer ring of a gutted/removed thermostat. I've put in a Stant 180*. We'll see how it does once summer hits.

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users