Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

How about the link with the 1.6 having the 99 plus torque. Then the 1.6 could do something with the 99 after catching the 99.

It is in the same link as the one where the 1.6 weighs 2400 lbs..

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Tyler Dahl

Tyler Dahl

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:70
How about we allow the V8roadsters subframe with the 99+ steering rack and allow 1.8 swap to 2001+ with custom wiring harness and ecu. That way all cars can upgrade subframe and 95% of the cars would upgrade engines. We all get to spend money, Yeah!!!!

Tyler Dahl

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

You presume a lot Mr. Steyn.

Moose you are right. That was presumptive of me. My apologies, no disrespect intended. Personally I do enjoy your posts and the debate they often stir up

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Any spec racer Ford drivers lurking?

Do people in SRF buy a dozen motors to get one "good one"?

Some of the stories I've heard suggest that the SRF crowd are willing to go to greater extremes than the SM crowd to find those last few tenths. This most likely because the greater restrictions (sealed motors) cause them to explore even further past the point of diminishing returns than we do. One way to get a "good" motor is to find a way to cheat the seals. It's been done.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

I've got a f@ck'n Springfield Dyno exhaust already. I bought a MazdaComp exhaust, a BSI exhaust, and a SD. I also have a stock airbox, a racing beat, an SP1 and an SP2 intakes.

It is guys like you who are doing all of this buying and testing who are ruining the class! :huh:
  • Sam Barnett, David L, Blake Clements and 2 others like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

I'm just trying to give the guy what he asked for. :)

You need the link to that Video of the the 1.6 pushing the 99 all the way up the hill and the front straight again? My 99 BTW :)

That says nothing whatsoever about parity if it was at high speed.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
There was no "if" in my post :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

However, I must say I really enjoy the way many of you presume to know exactly how I think.

Did someone let my wife on the forum??
  • Caveman-kwebb99 likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

It is guys like you who are doing all of this buying and testing who are ruining the class!

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Car Number:57

Then we can all move on to complaining about coaching cost and people that just spend more time practicing - as we do in sailing.

Before Traqmate had a good display, I had both a Racepak G2X (predictive lap/shift lights/etc) and a Traqmate (just for data with the team) in my car. I used to get "look at this guy outspending me, what fuckin BS in a spec class" look all the time.... It's always something, always.

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
And how did that make you feel?

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Did someone let my wife on the forum??

IDK, is your wife a psychologist ?
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Car Number:57

Like if the power feed to the two dataloggers went out I'd lose at least 3 seconds per lap. :rolleyes:

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
My take on parity, life, ain't fair, taxes, ain't fair, why should racing be fair? I will take every legal advantage I can.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
What is spec racing?

The founding premise of Spec Miata was to have equal, LOW COST cars, ie., a driver's class not an out-spender's class.

Yep, it's too late to fix it.

Damn shame.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

What is spec racing?

The founding premise of Spec Miata was to have equal, LOW COST cars, ie., a driver's class not an out-spender's class.

Damn shame.

It is equal within in a range of reason, there are variables, but much of that is you the driver. I think things are pritty fair, an unpopular view I know.
  • plane likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:29
I don't think that is an unpopular idea. I believe MOST people would agree that the class is about as fair as it can get. The only people that don't believe this also can't accept the fact they don't know how to drive. .
  • Ron Alan, Cnj, MPR22 and 1 other like this
You've been served - Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

What is spec racing?

Damn shame.

Denny
You have become so negative, sarcastic and pessimistic about everything . I haven't seen a positive or constructive post from you in so long, I can't even remember. Very sad, back in the Old Specmiata.com days the tone of your posts was so different, your posts are unrecognizable from the guy that posted then. It is sad, your obviously not happy with the class, where it is now and where it is headed. From the sidelines, you look like a guy that is clearly not having fun in the class, maybe it's time for a break? It seems to me that more than SM and SCCA rules are driving you to this level of frustration and negativity? My sincere hope is that SM or whatever has gotten you so down and negative turns around for the better.
Jim
  • HoneyBadger - BrianW, Ron Alan and Caveman-kwebb99 like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
A counter-point to your generalization:

[on 2013 Majors/Super Tour Schedule thread] Posted 11-29-2012 11:35 AM: Ooooo, MIS could be fun, love them rovals.

Was that not a positive statement about the Majors?
Is a forum not a place for the open exchange of opinions?
Your site - cancel my privileges at will.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

A counter-point to your generalization:

Was that not a positive statement about the Majors?
Is a forum not a place for the open exchange of opinions?
Your site - cancel my privileges at will.

You just need to get back on track, and sipping a cold one, when the race is done. The off season can get a little depressing, if that is true for you, do what I do, trailer the car south and get a fix.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Parity, Engine, Rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users