Photo

Already 50 entries for Sonoma Sprints w/ 2 weeks to go!

sonoma california sfr sonoma sprints

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:12

We already have 50 entries for the Sonoma Sprints July 5-7 at Sonoma Raceway:

Sonoma Sprints Entry List - Group 7 (Spec Miata, Sealed Spec Miata)

Skeer, Lee, Holifield, Polsley, Sutherland, Rawlins, Loustaunau, Schultz, McAnaney, Ramondo, Bobby Carter, Rod Nelson and more!  

We've got the old guys, the established guys and the up and comers!  2 National/Regional races and bonus Spec Miata Festival race will determine the best SM driver on the West Coast for 2013.  

Entry includes the Friday night BBQ and endless raffle and on-track group photo (which everyone will get a copy of this year)

Group sells out at 69 cars - only 19 more can join in the fun so get signed up today. Those who wait until the last minute will be watching from the stands!

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:51
I noticed on the schedule that the Festival race grid will be set by fast lap in the 2nd race. If this is correct, I'm disappointed. Last year's moto style scoring seemed to work, making every session relevant, and giving the Festival race an unofficial "main event" feeling.
The only change I'd recommend is allowing the national racers to start the Featival where they qualify, rather than at the back.
  • Bad Rusty likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

KyleLoustaunau

KyleLoustaunau

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Region:sfr
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:89
I agree
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bad Rusty

Bad Rusty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Region:Arizona

I agree as well.

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

I've asked to do the moto-style scoring again and I expect it to happen.  We have a board meeting Thursday where I'll confirm or at least figure out what it takes to finalize.

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

3 Days!!  Predictions???  Have to put my money on Skeer. Polsley and Loustaunau for the top 3(in some order).  I'm sure Ghidinelli and Sutherland will have something to say about this along with a few others!. As usual, a top 10 this weekend will be outstanding!

See everyone in the paddock!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
Skeer will be tough and I also am ready to see Ghidinelli handle it. We have the 12 car dialed I'm pretty sure. He was pretty dominate at MRLS. Still wish I can be in two places at once. Drennan will also be in the mix, as he always is regardless.....
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

powerss

powerss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Region:ARiZONA
  • Car Number:145

Skeer will be tough and I also am ready to see Ghidinelli handle it. We have the 12 car dialed I'm pretty sure. He was pretty dominate at MRLS. Still wish I can be in two places at once. Drennan will also be in the mix, as he always is regardless.....

Clement Lee should be right there too based upon the Buttonwillow race.

Steven Powers
Arizona Region
2009 SoPAC Division Champion
2013 SoPAC Division Champion
2019 Western Conference Champion

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Surely is a different mix of cars on the left coast from the eastern half of the states.  :noidea:

7 1999's with mostly 1990-1993's.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Surely is a different mix of cars on the left coast from the eastern half of the states.  :noidea:

7 1999's with mostly 1990-1993's.

No rust out here...lots of cheap survivors!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Clement Lee should be right there too based upon the Buttonwillow race.

They were testing yesterday they will be in the hunt. The locals will still shine.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

What kind of a lap time is expected for the pole??

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Duane Polsley

Duane Polsley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Region:SFR

Last year was a 1:56.3

This year i bet it takes a low 1:55

The real question is with what tire.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mark Drennan

Mark Drennan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Region:NorCal
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:10

Personally, I'm not expecting to be a contender for the win as I'm down on HP more than I can make up with my mad driving skillz.  I still expect to be up front, battling hard, having fun, and waiting for anyone/everyone in front of me to throw it away ;-) 

BTW - is there any disadvantage to only signing up for National points...do I still get to race in the SM Festival bonus race?

See y'all Friday!

-MD

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Last year was a 1:56.3

This year i bet it takes a low 1:55

The real question is with what tire.

Track will be the same as last year...temp wise...hot!  End of the day qualifying I believe will keep the same front runners around the same times...maybe a little one way or another. Beer is on me if i'm wrong Dewey...at the B-Bque of course :P  

Ron

RAmotorsports

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Personally, I'm not expecting to be a contender for the win as I'm down on HP more than I can make up with my mad driving skillz.  I still expect to be up front, battling hard, having fun, and waiting for anyone/everyone in front of me to throw it away ;-) 

BTW - is there any disadvantage to only signing up for National points...do I still get to race in the SM Festival bonus race?

See y'all Friday!

-MD

You're in for all 3! Run Hoosiers(have to for Nationals) and you are in for contingency for the first 2 races!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Mark Drennan

Mark Drennan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Region:NorCal
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:10

You're in for all 3! Run Hoosiers(have to for Nationals) and you are in for contingency for the first 2 races!

Cool, thanks Ron!

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
65 cars this weekend - awesome! I predict low 55s if weather cooperates but if two could work together you might see a 54. Don't know that our schedule will cooperate. Should be a good tire test! Who is running RRs?

As for tech on Thursday, contact the office. I have been in Mexico working on my tan for this weekend so don't know.

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
Practice doesn't mean anything but my two picks are doing good. Ghidinelli was fastest in SM followed by Skeer and Kyle L. Top 10 will be tight!

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
Stoked on my guys. TFB 1-2 at the Sonoma Sprints. Going to be a great race tomorrow!

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users