Photo

SCCA Runoffs coming to Laguna Seca for 2014!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:12

The SCCA Championship Runoffs are coming to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for 2014!  Known as the "Big Show", this is a one-year visit of the Superbowl of amateur racing and the first time it has been in California since 1968 at Riverside Raceway.  It is an incredible event with good friends, great racing and the backdrop of Monterey in late summer.  It’s hard to imagine a better party!

As part of a new rotating Runoffs plan, the San Francisco Region board has been working with the SCCA National Office and National Board of Directors to help ensure that the 2014 Runoffs will be a huge success while also protecting our loyal Regional racers. 

A full season of racing is made better than ever by an expanded Divisional Championship program that allows NORPAC drivers to qualify for the Runoffs racing only at their home tracks.  No long tows, time away from
work or huge gas bills required!

For the full announcement and NORPAC Divisional Championship details, please see: http://www.sfrscca.o.../view/9511/292/

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

Sound?

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Brian Linn

Brian Linn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:CSCC

Paddock space?

The Runoffs have had 500-700 entrants in the recent past.  I'm sure there will be a big drop off for those who don't want to make the long tow, but there will be an addition of west coasters.  What is the capacity of the paddock currently? 

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

The entire week will be 105db - no sound limits

It's not known yet if the schedule will be like last year (two half-weeks) or this year (one full week), but National thinks it will work.  There is quite a bit of space at Laguna, we just don't usually use it all.  And having seen how people pit in the grass and dirt at other tracks, we have plenty of that to share so you'll feel right at home. ;)

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:51
Congrats & thank you to Brian & the others that made this happen.

This changes everything.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

hopefully there will be several events at laguna throughout the year!!!  I guess it needs to be at 105 db all year though

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Car Number:88

hopefully there will be several events at laguna throughout the year!!!  I guess it needs to be at 105 db all year though

Doubtful, only a certian number of days per year, as I understand, and reserved for bigger events, Rolex, etc.

It's like moving next to the dump and complaining it smells.

People moved in and now it's too noisey.

J~

this was SCCA in June.

ALL GROUPS MUST MEET SOUND WINDOWS

90 dbA: 8:30 – 9:00; 4:30 – 5:00

101 dbA: 9:00 – 10:30; 3:30 – 4:30

103 dbA: 10:30 –3:30

If a session runs across two sound windows, the full session will be run at the lower sound window.

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

We are building the San Francisco Region schedule for next year right now.  We have to get some more pro dates to solidify when we can go where, but we're juggling between more, shorter events or fewer, longer events.  Each have pros and cons as our events are subject to standard sound windows as above. 

Only Pro events (and the Runoffs next year, since they're using unused Pro dates) have 105db all-day sound.  The next tier is San Francisco Region which gets the pyramids from 90db up to 103db.  Everyone else runs 92 or 90db, all day.

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68

This is just awesome!  Looking forward to the show!!!  And it's going to be a good one because we'll have the best of the West competing with those Runoffs regulars.  Can't wait for the smack to begin :) 

Thanks for all the hard work on this Brian and SFR!

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Congrats & thank you to Brian & the others that made this happen.

This changes everything.

^^THIS^^

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

This is just awesome!  Looking forward to the show!!!  And it's going to be a good one because we'll have the best of the West competing with those Runoffs regulars.  Can't wait for the smack to begin :)

Thanks for all the hard work on this Brian and SFR!

Remember NASCAR had a West series and the West coasters always got their butts kicked by the big name East coast drivers whenever they raced together?   :duck:

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Remember NASCAR had a West series and the West coasters always got their butts kicked by the big name East coast drivers whenever they raced together?   :duck:

Wow, I am not starting the trash this early.. The last time we started that crap was 06.. I think it went Cadell Rampelberg and Cross, west coast sweep of the podium at Topeka. Given they have home track now as well, I imagine the west coast guys will do just fine. ( not win, but fine :duck:)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Wow, I am not starting the trash this early.. The last time we started that crap was 06.. I think it went Cadell Rampelberg and Cross, west coast sweep of the podium at Topeka. Given they have home track now as well, I imagine the west coast guys will do just fine. ( not win, but fine :duck:)

I think you can go back before that to the '05 Pro Spec Miata cup where Justin Hall showed up at Road Atlanta and took pole and finished 2nd in his first visit there? ;)

Roger Caddell

Roger Caddell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Talk starting pretty early :-) I recall silently watching all the smack talk in '06 and the fun everybody had, good times but I admit to really enjoying the final results. :-)
  • Jim Drago likes this

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Hmm wonder who's coming out of retirement next year!  Drennan seems to be active all of a sudden :D

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Roger Caddell

Roger Caddell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I will start early... Andrews first driving coach will be very hard to beat, Mr Sutherland.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I think you can go back before that to the '05 Pro Spec Miata cup where Justin Hall showed up at Road Atlanta and took pole and finished 2nd in his first visit there? ;)

That was before anyone east of California had ever heard of ERC :pessimist:

• Brian Ghidinelli likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Roger Caddell

Roger Caddell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Maybe better stated; nobody outside Northern California! They were certainly early adopters of that stuff.

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

That was before anyone east of California had ever heard of ERC :pessimist:

:rotfl:

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

:blush:     Being mature some of us remember left coasters Parnelli Jones and Dan Gurneys three in a row 500's at Riverside.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users