Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Juan-

I like inkscape for the graphic design side of the house. It is a vector graphics package, not specifically vinyl cutter design software. But, it's very powerful. Probably one of the features I use most is the ability to trace a gif, bmp , tif, etc and convert it to vector format.

I didn't have vector files for any of the logos on my car. I traced them all using inkscape. I did the same with my over door signature, the spec miata logo, etc.

Once you get the hang of it, it's really easy.

I do all the layout in inkscape, then send Eps to the cut ting sw.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:63

Hey Richard,

Thanks for the offer! I'm cutting some numbers tonight for the weekend.

What software do you use? The SignBlazer Elements  software is pretty lousy. The Mac software was pretty nice, but the one year license expired and it's way too expensive to license otherwise.

-Juan

Hi! I'm using Illustrator for the Design and then only use the cutting Software for cutting...

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Number:34

I managed to use SignBlazer to cut these nice graphics:

Stickers%20Too.jpg

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

She was a real beauty. But unfortunately, in qual I ran over some debris on the exit of T14 and that sent my car sideways. The consequences wouldn't have been so bad, except that there was another car stopped in the runoff having looped it there earlier.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:63

Oh nooo... Why wasn't there a Yellow flag waving as there was a car off track just there?

• Alberto likes this
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

The after pictures. Bad. But possibly some good signs here. The engine is square to the eye and the doors all close perfectly. The driver's side frame rail has a kink forward of the firewall but behind the shock tower. Can't tell about the other side. The wheels are pointed relatively straight (space saver spare on the driver's side.) I'm hoping it will be fixable with a front clip forward of the shock towers. Any advice here?

Stickers%20Too%20damaged.jpg

Stickers%20Too%20stripped.jpg

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:38

check the flat area under the brake booster. If it is bent/buckled then things went deeper. I would get it on a frame machine to get everything measured. 

Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Sorry to hear Juan.

Not sure if you remember what happened to mine.

Stanford Filarca did the work, Dennis C gave me the tip, TFB said it was as straight as could be after.

PM if you want the info.

J~

• Alberto likes this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
Sorry to see that Juan. There were other but-heads tearing by after you were stoped. Went back and watched again, there was a waving yellow at drivers right at approx 13 seconds about time your stuff started. Maybe should have also been a yellow at drivers left at approx 8 seconds. Second guess is most times 100%.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bad Rusty

Bad Rusty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Region:Arizona

How in the world did the windshield stay uncracked?  I think you'll be able to fix it!

See you in October!

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Holy crap!  That sucks for both you and Mike.  Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Whatever caught you out led you straight to him.  Really bad luck there.  I didn't see any yellows waving anywhere.

Definitely check out John's reference.  The car doesn't look too twisted up.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

I didn't see any yellows waving anywhere.

You guys know the track. Me, never been there. Play stop and go with the video at approx 11 through 13 seconds while looking through the right side vent window. There is what looks to me like a white flag stan and then a person standing with a yellow flag beyond the flag stand.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

AW33COM

AW33COM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Region:NE
  • Car Number:78

Get a tub with a cage and move everything over. 

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

You guys know the track. Me, never been there. Play stop and go with the video at approx 11 through 13 seconds while looking through the right side vent window. There is what looks to me like a white flag stan and then a person standing with a yellow flag beyond the flag stand.

The station on the right is up on a hill. Useless IMO.

Did you want to study if Juan had target fixation (the car) :scratchchin:

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

The station on the right is up on a hill. Useless IMO.

Did you want to study if Juan had target fixation (the car) :scratchchin:

J~

Mr. Moderator, my posts were responding to someone that posted there was no yellow flag................................Good bad or otherwise, there seems to have been a yellow flag.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Mr. Moderator, my posts were responding to someone that posted there was no yellow flag................................Good bad or otherwise, there seems to have been a yellow flag.

Thank you sir for pointed that out. Check, noted.

Any comment on target fixation?

J~

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Any comment on target fixation?

J~

It may have been car to car fixation that drew Juan's car to the off track car. My WAG would be the Juan's slide began before he new the car was there.   Juan???

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Bench,

FYI

The normal flagging station for that turn is driver left visible at the 7-8 second mark.  Juan's camera is a bit out of focus but I don't see any yellow waving.  The flag waving on the inside is indeed up a hill and not really visible at the point that would have helped to save Juan and Mike.

:(

John,

As for target fixation, I don't think so.  Looks like Juan was trying to brake in a straight line once he determined there was not chance to avoid the other car.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Number:41

That sucks Juan! 

Here's hoping its not too bad when you get it on the frame machine.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Alberto, just stirring the pot.

Is it under investigation ?

Anybody know or care about Mikes car ?

J~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users