• 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Qual.

http://www.race-moni...mode=qualifying

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Sean - MiataCage

Sean - MiataCage

• Moderators
  • 301 posts

Hey Johnny..... Are you there?  Rumor is they didn't even weigh any cars after qualifying.  I hope that is incorrect.  I know my 2 guys P3 and P4 didn't get weighed.

Sean Hedrick - President
www.miatacage.com
360-606-7734
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

No, working.

Mark and Charlie have been doing very well, I doubt their under.

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
No weights. Will have to see how the weather is in the morning. If it's dry I expect some good times with newer tires. Congrats to my teammates Mark Drennan for snagging the pole and Jason Godfrey in his new car getting in the top 10!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Race 1  Sat

http://www.race-moni...Session/4891273

J~

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I'll post when results are up..

But watching the last of qual but not the end I'd say...

Congrats Will Schrader on poll with a 1:58 in wet conditions.

Seb Landy 2nd with a 1:59

J~

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Race 2

http://www.race-moni...Session/4900785

Congrats Seb.

J~

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Congratulations to Sebastian Landy. Pretty impressive win in that field, what I believe is his time at the track and in the wet. This kid is just one of many up and comers!  Crazy the amount of young TALENTED kids coming in! I think Sebastian is 17-19 years old

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
Congrats to Drennan and Landy! The times I have been around Mark,(looking at his rear bumper in the distance at Rd ATL) he is Extremely smooth and gonna be tough to beat at the Runoffs. I have heard nothing but positive comments about the way Sebastian drives, and anyone who can win with wet conditions ranks hi on my list.
I think its great how this class just keeps getting deeper and deeper with talented drivers with well prepped cars.
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

So did someone that was there want to say anything?

Landy?

Drennan only did 10 laps on Sun.

Rusty didn't start?

Charlie was almost out of the top 10 in Qual but ended up 3rd?

J~

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

As a spectator of the whole weekend here is my observations and report...

Race 1 Qualifying and race were in dry conditions. 15 Minutes before the split qualifying Sat. afternoon(for race 2) the rain came sending all back to their pits to change tires. This was a good thing as it forced all to qual in the rain. The heavier rain occured before and during the first session(even numbered cars). As the 2nd group started the rain subsided and gave the odd numbered cars an advantage and it showed! The fastest car in group 1(Mark Dennan)was bumped to P7. For those who stayed out in the 2nd qual all posted their fast lap on their last lap! Ken Sutherland posted a P3 or 4 lap but was black flagged for sound with 5 minutes to go...and had to start DFL! 

Mark Drennan can flat out drive...his early 1.8 out here is 5 for 6 in races entered. He was running P2 in the wet Sunday race when Meatballed for sound. I think he was about 2-3 sec back when this occurred as they had started in major lap traffic. 

Sebastian Landy is the real deal...he can handle a car and is an obvious fast learner. He spent the weekend going from his 99 to his MX5 cup car(preparing for the upcoming race in this car at Laguna). Congrats on your Win!

In Race 1 Charlie Hayes filled Marks mirrors by the end of the race after getting by Ken Sutherland 10 minutes in. Mark spent the last few laps driving somewhat defensively to keep Charlie at bay. Ken Sutherland, Will Schrader and Sebastion rounded out the top 5 all about a couple seconds apart from each other. Charlie was the hard charger for sure and drove the best race hands down. He was a victim of a little bad luck in the Sunday race when he qualified in the heavier rain and came in early. He ended up P14 but again had a great drive to finish on the podium in P3! Congrats Charlie on a solid weekend! 

Race 2 was no rain but a wet track from the night. Areas of the track had water running across. All went out on dries but it took about 4 laps before they started running laps faster than they qualified in the rain! Sebastian got a great start and drove from P2 deep into the brake zone of Turn 2. He locked up and those of us who were watching thought for sure he was in the gravel. But he collected it deep into the corner and ended up getting a great run from it heading to turn 3! By turn 5 he had a 12 car lead! Drennan went from P7 to P2 by turn 4 I believe! Rusty Dees spun mid corner in 2 at the start(started P6) and was T-boned by Tim Auger...both retired. Mark maintained the gap to Sebastian in P2 for most of the race with Will Schrader the same distance from him. Double yellow  came out with 6 minutes to go....by this time Mark was in the paddock after being black flagged for sound. Unfortunately on the restart...there were 3 lap cars between Will and Sebastian. Sebastion came through 10 slow, waited for the pace car to go off and then took off going full steam into 11. Never being in that situation...the slower cars did not follow and screwed Will and Charlie to try and stay close. Sebastion walked away the last 2 laps. Kudos to Ken Sutherland who drove from DFL to finish P5...impressive!!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bad Rusty

Bad Rusty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Region:Arizona

Oh I started, and completed turn 1.  Not sure if I spun on my own or got help, but ended up being sideways at the exit of turn 2 with 50 cars behind me:)  Tim Auger did the honors and I am now replacing my "Second" drivers door in three weekends.  Tim had no where to go.  And a big thanks to TC Design and Fab for the roll cage (again!).  Tim's car is probably a write off (movement back to the firewall!) and I need to replace the door and that looks like it.  Car drove great after the impact. but trying to drive while holding the door shut is pretty entertaining to everyone but me.  I just pulled off.

Drennan and Charlie were the class of the field the entire weekend.  First practice Friday, Barrett and I followed Drennan out.  I swear his tires were warmed up going into turn 2:), he was gone...... He and Charlie are both super confident right now, and doing everything great.  If I did not know any better, I would say your car needs to go through TFB to have any chance of beating these guys.  Their set ups look spot on, and they have great drivers in the cars too!

I think Charlie has the new race record!  Congrats and well deserved (If it was Drennan, same thing to you:))

And I have to say, Those Hoosier H2.0's are sooooo much fun.  Wish it would have rained all weekend (For the good of the drought of course)

And I'm calling a 1:44:456 for pole at the runoffs...

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I don't care what you say Rusty...

Paul Hutts driver is the man to beat :) 

J~

• Bad Rusty likes this

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Mark Drennan can flat out drive...

And is a nice guy.. Imagine that.. you don't have to be an @#$%^& to go fast :) Been a fan of marks since before he went on sabbatical a few years ago. :)
  • Bruce Wilson likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

It says Drennan, Hull, and Murdter got Dq'd. (checkerLap.com)

No 2nd chance, if you're over sound you're out ??

J~

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

And is a nice guy.. Imagine that.. you don't have to be an @#$%^& to go fast :) Been a fan of marks since before he went on sabbatical a few years ago. :)

Around the local ranks...I'v never heard a bad word spoken about the man...other than he is to f#%king fast  :D He is a fierce competitor  but a true gentleman all the way.

Ron

RAmotorsports

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

And I'm calling a 1:44:456 for pole at the runoffs...

Well, the rumor mill around the paddock this weekend was Drago has already practiced here and was in the 44's...so I'm sure this will happen  :noidea: 

But for the first time in years, there were 4 guys in the 45's during the race...pretty freaking fast!  Charlie Hayes owns the new track record(SM)at 1:45.46.  Tempertures were good for power and the sun was on most of the track...but the track was a little green from rains earlier in the week. So 44's may be reachable...I'm with Rusty, but it will take a perfect storm...or an Eaststreet motor :burst: 

Ron

RAmotorsports

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:44

Had a great time down there this weekend as crew for Ken, Will, Eric Jones, and Dave Dunning. Want to thank the SFR for welcoming us with open arms and being a great bunch of racers to be around.

Cant wait for the runoffs!

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Had a great time down there this weekend as crew for Ken, Will, Eric Jones, and Dave Dunning. Want to thank the SFR for welcoming us with open arms and being a great bunch of racers to be around.

Cant wait for the runoffs!

Kyle...did not put 2 and 2 together that this was you working with Will?? We were BSing in Wills trailer and you came over for food?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:44

That be me buddy! Thanks for manning that grille!

• Juan Pineda likes this

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users