Bad Rusty

Bad Rusty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Region:Arizona
  • Car Year:1999

Elliot,

Ask Ron how to fix it. Do what Ron says.  Your cage fabricator would probably appreciate the oppotunity to get it right with you.  Get to the track and start enjoying it.

OR

Call Paul Hutt.  I hear he's opening a shop specifically designed to fix people's problems with their Spec Miatas.

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

A few random points.

I bolted my seat to the floor pan but i used strips of metal on the underside of the floor to bolt the seat to and i even welded the bars to some supports that were on the floor so you can fabricate back mounting that will be strong.

I had drago install his tunnel pan which gives you more room to move the seat loser to the floor and tunnel.

Lastly, in both my cars, two different cage builders the role bar on the top driver side is inside the seat and my helmet hits it. but with some padding on it, its a great place to rest your head on right handers. In other words there is nothing that can be done about that other than race something other than a Miata.

I spent about 12 hrs installing my seat and making modifications to make it perfect, you just have to put your time into getting it right.

• Ron Alan likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Region:N. Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:11

I know you want to get out there but make sure you are safe!  I know a lot of tall and big drivers who's helmets are not resting on rollbars.  

Getting the tunnel done will save you so much headache you won't believe it.  There is cut out plate sold at the store here that is nice.  You can cut it out yourself and have a welder put it on.  You can often find a local muffler shop that can do very good welding for cheap.  

There are a LOT of spec miata guys down in the bay area... offer some pizza and drinks for them to come over and look at it.  

- Speed

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users