• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Region:South Jersey
The South Jersey Region will be conducting the Jersey Devil US Majors Tour races on the Thunderbolt Raceway circuit of New Jersey Motorsports Park on 6-8 June. This double event will be Rounds 9 and 10 of the US Majors Eastern Conference Championship.

Online registration is now open at on the DLB site

Supps and Schedule ... Register ... Entry List

There will be a separate NJMP Promoter Test Day on Thursday, 5 June on Thunderbolt. Details and a registration link will be posted shortly.

Terry

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Registration for the NJMP Promoters Test Day on 5 June (day before the Jersey Devil US Majors) is open on DLB

Info and Schedule ... Register

The Test Day will be administered by the South Jersey Region.

Terry

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?

Kind of surprised by the low entry count.....what are folks waiting on?  Is it because of the regional/pro it taking away entries?

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Am I the only one who thinks anything over $500 for a club race entry fee is a no go?

• svvs, Marc Cefalo and DrDomm like this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:15

Am I the only one who thinks anything over $500 for a club race entry fee is a no go?

Probably not, but I think you might be the only one that posts about it everytime there is a post about a majors.

• Ron Alan and AJ Roderick like this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Denny, it's parity. :bigsquaregrin:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Probably not, but I think you might be the only one that posts about it everytime there is a post about a majors.

At least I'm consistent.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:15

At least I'm consistent.

:)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Number:12?

Looks like we are up to 15 entries, but I noticed at least one entry that was previously registered and is now dropped out.

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

ner88

ner88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Region:NER/CFR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:98

I guess NJMP is not a destination track

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

I guess NJMP is not a destination track

UNDERSTATEMENT!  Did it once, cannot see myself making another trip to run this track

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

Doesn't help that SM is run group 7 and leaving the track on Sunday night you compete with all the beach traffic.  Not sure why NJ-SCCA always gives SM a bum spot.  I thought the majors were supposed to feature the heavily attended classes???

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Number:65

Everyone will be home from the beach already by the time you pack up Meat!

I'm slightly biased, geographically speaking, but believe this track is a ton of fun.  Lots of runoff and some fast corners... plus South Jersey region runs a very smooth event. 

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

mmcspecracer

mmcspecracer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Region:New York
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:36
While the track is not on the same level as VIR and the Glen, it is a great track for Miatas. Im really shocked by the low number of entries given its a Majors race. Would love to hear from those that decided against doing the race. Beside from the crappy run group, i was really dissapointed that they are charging 350 bucks for the test day in addition to the 550 for the race weekend. I signed up anyway because i get so little SCCA racing in that its still worth it to me, but i wouldnt be surprised if the cost and the run group are combining to keep the entry numbers low.

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26

While the track is not on the same level as VIR and the Glen, it is a great track for Miatas. Im really shocked by the low number of entries given its a Majors race. Would love to hear from those that decided against doing the race. Beside from the crappy run group, i was really dissapointed that they are charging 350 bucks for the test day in addition to the 550 for the race weekend. I signed up anyway because i get so little SCCA racing in that its still worth it to me, but i wouldnt be surprised if the cost and the run group are combining to keep the entry numbers low.

Just my .02, but for me with the high costs of Majors vs. regional at the same track it's easier to make a decision.  Worth it or not (You chose)?  The cost difference turns Majors into expensive regionals at less than prime tracks.  Just ask R.G. Bargy :)

• LarryKing likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Mike

Doesn't help that SM is run group 7 and leaving the track on Sunday night you compete with all the beach traffic.  Not sure why NJ-SCCA always gives SM a bum spot.  I thought the majors were supposed to feature the heavily attended classes???

FYI - The Eastern Conference Majors have a established group rotatiion so that everybody gets a chance at the first /  middle / last races - the same as many other series like NJRRS and MARRS.

Terry

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

Mike

FYI - The Eastern Conference Majors have a established group rotatiion so that everybody gets a chance at the first /  middle / last races - the same as many other series like NJRRS and MARRS.

Terry

Not Sure I agree with you Terry....SM was group 3 at Sebring, Atlanta and VIR.  SRF was group 1 at the same.  Those are all Eastern Conference Majors....

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Does the group # have anything to do with position in a schedule...at least for Majors? If so i guess I never picked up on the pattern. It certainly doesnt in our region...

Ron

RAmotorsports

DylanMurcott

DylanMurcott

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:Mohawk Hudson

super bummed that im missing this race, by far one of my favorite tracks! but i'll be in Kansas instead for CTSCC.

http://www.youtube.c...00?feature=mhee
^^

check out my youtube channel

follow me on Instagram @ dylanmurcott

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Mike

Not Sure I agree with you Terry....SM was group 3 at Sebring, Atlanta and VIR.  SRF was group 1 at the same.  Those are all Eastern Conference Majors....

I'm not sure about Sebring and Road Atlanta but for the VIR, NJMP, Watkins Glen and Summit Point events, the SCCA Majors staff sent a suggested rotation to the NE organizers.  SM was in Group 3 at VIR and will be in Group 7 at NJMP and Group 1 at Watkins Glen.  It has been suggested that SM be in Group 5 at Summit Point.  There is a definite rotation in the Northern half of the Eastern Conference.

Terry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NJMP, Majors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users