Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

p.s. I think quite a few of you have a "catch the cheaters and send them home in a box attitude".  Possible to adopt a "tell us what the cheaters are doing so we can decide if we should make those modifications part of the rules" attitude instead? 

p.p.s. We would not be taking about any of this IF Mazda could produce each car with, how many moving parts?, in exactly the same way.

OMG.. There is a first time for everything :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Ron, no it does NOT.  I can guarantee that nobody would have been able to tell to which head I had installed new seats and plunge cut to make look like OE.

Ok...mine did. I just assumed the specified diameter dimension was larger slightly than OEM Plunge? 

Signed...part of the ignorant masses!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Karl

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

<<OMG.. There is a first time for everything  :)>>

...now back to the topic? (double smiley back at you!!)

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

You seen dat too? 

Kinda same deal at Runoffs also.

It is not unusual for a group of 4 or less drivers to break away at any given race.  It is somewhat rare for 5 or more to be in the hunt at most races.   

It wasn't a car parity issue in either case, it was a driver parity issue.  And oh by the way, that is what we all do this for.

• Steve Scheifler likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Ron, no it does NOT.  I can guarantee that nobody would have been able to tell to which head I had installed new seats and plunge cut to make look like OE.

I have to disagree here..  Someone who knows the heads as well as you and the other SM engine builders would be able to tell.  "prove" and "tell" are two entirely different things. If the rumors are true, they will not need to "prove"  

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Karl

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

We wait and see.  While you wait, take a look at this.

This shows it all.  Car parity in the first few laps, the rewards and penalties of driving well, poorly and the way the cars can go off during the race.

Note that Sammy, who walked away up front in his NA 1800 did not have the fastest lap.  What do make of them apples? 

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata

Bad Rusty

Bad Rusty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Region:Arizona

We have a democratic republic because the founding fathers knew that the masses were and would probably always be ignorant of the whole picture.  

Uhmm.. We're a Consitutional Republic because our founding fathers "feared" a pure democracy, not because the masses were ignorant, but because a pure democracy would not provide security or protect private property (insert re-distribution of wealth here).

Back to your regularly scheduled programming, STR and "parity"

• Ron Alan likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

NPiekarski

NPiekarski

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Region:Cen-Div
  • Car Number:67

Kiss your wife and hug the kids cuz that's what's important, not this silly stuff.

This is about the most useful post I've found today. Thanks for keeping it real John.

Nic Piekarski

My 99 Spec Miata makes great torque under 5,500 RPM!!!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60
Note that Sammy, who walked away up front in his NA 1800 did not have the fastest lap.  What do make of them apples? 

Sammy was also disqualified for running an illegal car, so I'm not sure that point is valid.

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

mesa balancing racing engi

mesa balancing racing engi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have to disagree here..  Someone who knows the heads as well as you and the other SM engine builders would be able to tell.  "prove" and "tell" are two entirely different things. If the rumors are true, they will not need to "prove"  

As a new member to the site I must agree with Jim everyone knew this was going on from the get go. I have built spec legal engines for customers who wanted to run legal engines both for local and run offs my engines and drivers have won every were and set records at every track from Sebring,Daytona,PBIR Homestead . Everyone of these customers went  elsewhere when they couldn't compete with my legal engines as a result of all this. Every engine purchased by every single customer has been inspected and found to have cylinder heads that were machined in this manner and many found to have incorrect static compression as well. I have to ask as a racer were does this end because there's manifolds that are also extruded and a half dozen other parts also modified. I stopped building spec engines for this same reason , I can build and develop any type of racing engine without the politics you guys have the best competition the best drivers the best organization and its all f---ed up because this. Find one shop to build the heads with number ID  Mazda speed parts or it will never end.

• Alberto and Neil O like this

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Uhmm.. We're a Consitutional Republic because our founding fathers "feared" a pure democracy, not because the masses were ignorant, but because a pure democracy would not provide security or protect private property (insert re-distribution of wealth here).

Back to your regularly scheduled programming, STR and "parity"

Not correct. They went for a republic over a democracy because the founders understood that the masses are woefully inadequate in even understanding the situations and are prone to emotional thinking over rational thought. Security was a prime fact in the founders (Hamilton, Madison, Jay) supporting ratification of the constitution but not super important over the decision for a democracy over a republic. That was based on the founders KNOWING that the masses were not capable of making policy decision as a whole. Exactly how is someone from the hollers of West Virginia supposed to be educated on what is going on on the shores of Tripoli?

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bad Rusty

Bad Rusty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Region:Arizona

Not correct. They went for a republic over a democracy because the founders understood that the masses are woefully inadequate in even understanding the situations and are prone to emotional thinking over rational thought. Security was a prime fact in the founders (Hamilton, Madison, Jay) supporting ratification of the constitution but not super important over the decision for a democracy over a republic. That was based on the founders KNOWING that the masses were not capable of making policy decision as a whole. Exactly how is someone from the hollers of West Virginia supposed to be educated on what is going on on the shores of Tripoli?

Well, I agree with your statement, I just don't see it making mine incorrect.  I wish they would have given us a better plan KNOWING that the ruling minorities (Political class) would soon not be capable of making policy desicisions as a whole as well.  I guess I'll need to watch V for Vandetta again today.

To those who served so Jamz and I could have this conversation on Veteran's Day, THANK YOU!

• Jamz14 likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Rusty, it was only a small distinction. Republic vs Democracy was not debated for reasons of security. Republic or Confederacy was debated for reasons of security (constitution ratification arguments found in the Federalist Papers).

Republic or Democracy as a governmental model was debated because of perceived ignorance and stupidity of the people by the founders and from the fear of mob rule over those that didn't hold the majority.

The basic disagreement was in that the founders (some anyways) definitely found the populace to be either stupid or ignorant and incapable of actually running the government. The founders also gave us a mechanism to rid ourselves of politicians that were also stupid and/or ignorant; it is called voting. Which again boils down to the stupidity of the masses. Poly Sci 101 asks the question; should politicians represent the will of the people or should politicians represent the interest of the people? These are two distinctly different things. My belief is the latter (matches a republic more than a democracy). That politicians play to the ignorant masses during elections, and then are supposed to go back and represent the interests of the masses when they actual begin their work and are not campaigning. And interests meaning; doing whats good for them even if they don't agree with it because they are too..........whatever to understand what is good for them. There are some correlations here with the whole head controversy.

But what I do agree on is the wonderfulness of being an American and being able to speak our minds and debate without fear of going to jail. A gift that some would trade for the comfort of security. "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Franklin

• Alberto and Brocodile like this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

But what I do agree on is the wonderfulness of being an American and being able to speak our minds and Debur without fear of going to jail. A gift that some would trade for the comfort of security. "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Franklin

corrected thank you!

K. Webb