MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

Are we good on this subject or do we need a new thread ?
J~

I believe CNJ's points are all valid and should be discussed in another thread.  After discussion it would be nice to have some action.  Small petition wouldn't hurt outlining how we could present his and others suggestions into the BOD's.  As sure as I am sitting here the SCCA will be gone in a short amount of time if it does not change its current trajectory.   An infusion of youth and technology would bring more people to the organization and might actually grow amateur racing. 

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

I believe CNJ's points are all valid and should be discussed in another thread.  After discussion it would be nice to have some action.  Small petition wouldn't hurt outlining how we could present his and others suggestions into the BOD's.  As sure as I am sitting here the SCCA will be gone in a short amount of time if it does not change its current trajectory.   An infusion of youth and technology would bring more people to the organization and might actually grow amateur racing.

Post #4, Sorry, I didn't name it CNJ's point.
http://mazdaracers.c...asa/#entry78761

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Then again Jim is also on a diet. 

^ That's an indicator, hopefully that indicator is his desire to have a long healthy life with his family. Secondly maybe there is a smell in the wind that's peaking his longing to win.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Three Majors this weekend. The Glen has a respectable if less than impressive 33 SM entries. High Plains & Portland combined have FIVE. SRF combined has 30.

Those of you who could reasonably have attended one of these, what year car do you race and why didn't you run the majors this week?
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38
Not attending had nothing to do with the year of car I own.
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
OK, but why? Solving the woes of the 1.6 class won't mean much at this rate. Why did Bruce or other customers not attend?
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Three Majors this weekend. The Glen has a respectable if less than impressive 33 SM entries. High Plains & Portland combined have FIVE. SRF combined has 30.

Those of you who could reasonably have attended one of these, what year car do you race and why didn't you run the majors this week?

I said it last year, and I will say it again.  Having two majors races in CO is just idiotic of the SCCA.  How much of the population base is within 500 miles.  Very little.  Crappy attendance last year, and same this year.  I am not towing to CO, I would just rather spend my money on 2 NASA races closer.

I can't say for Oregon, but I would hazard a guess and say CO is just lack of interest and customer base.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA