Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I'm going to assume you just looked at results on line and did not actually follow the SCCA Runoffs at Laguna? Prior to the official results the unoffcial results were VVT cars 1-2-3. Just one race...but you asked!

No doubt the VVT motor is being figured out. The torque numbers are impressive(sorry DD!). The fact that Jim Drago is going to NOLA in a VVT car tells you all you need to know! :)

For the record Jim Drago is going to NOLA with his VVT and likely racing his 00

• Ron Alan likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Nuff comments on this thread, I don't do NASA.

You really don't do either, but that has never stopped you before, why let it stop you now :)

• mellen likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

I am not complaining about the change for the VVT Nasa 2015 SCCA 2025, but you have to admit that is a new criteria for competition adjustment. 

In an SCCA event giving my 1.6 buddies a 50 lb swing from last year will show up IMO.

• The 01+ increase is to basically cover for unforeseen development that is guaranteed to arrive, if it hasn't already.

I disagree with this as well. If the car needs and adjustment now, prepped at top levels, it should absolutely be adjusted. More work has been put in the VVT cars in last 2-3 years than the the 1.6 in the last 5+ years. The only thing that will be "found" is illegal.  

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Now if we can just get both groups on the same tire - and make it the Toyo RR.

• Jason J Ball likes this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

You really don't do either, but that has never stopped you before, why let it stop you now :)

Here's your award :bs: 

This year SCCA will get event fees for three double Regionals and one or two Midwest events.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Here's your award :bs:

This year SCCA will get event fees for three double Regionals and one or two Midwest events.

This year please refrain from screaming obsenities at Mr. Mellens...  

• mellen likes this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

ChrisA

ChrisA

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Region:NCR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:58

25 pounds less, measurable.   :rotfl:

Yes, get yourself a scale or better yet, drop a 25-lbs plate on your foot and tell me if you sensed an impact.  Now consider, energy needed to excellerate that weight to 100 mph. Or even more, the energy required to slow the inertia of that weight from 100 mph to say 35 mph.  :rolleyes:

• Jim Drago likes this

Chris

Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman ... or a bad woman.
- George Burns

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

• The 01+ increase is to basically cover for unforeseen development that is guaranteed to arrive, if it hasn't already.

I disagree with this as well. If the car needs and adjustment now, prepped at top levels, it should absolutely be adjusted. More work has been put in the VVT cars in last 2-3 years than the the 1.6 in the last 5+ years. The only thing that will be "found" is illegal.  

I seem to recall a few years ago you stating that a 130HP '99 (then 41mm) will never exist legally.  You even issued a challenge to all to do it.  To your credit you may have been the first to reach that milestone.  :cheers: . Now if we put 41mm plates on '99's, 130HP examples would be like Doritos.  There might still be more to be squeezed from the VVT, and plenty I'm sure will be making the effort.  

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

I seem to recall a few years ago you stating that a 130HP '99 (then 41mm) will never exist legally.  You even issued a challenge to all to do it.  To your credit you may have been the first to reach that milestone.  :cheers: . Now if we put 41mm plates on '99's, 130HP examples would be like Doritos.  There might still be more to be squeezed from the VVT, and plenty I'm sure will be making the effort.  

if and when that becomes an issue, we should address it. Weights and plates are at ANY time, so it is an easy adjustment.  Penalizing a car on what it "might" do is not something i think we should be doing, unless we have special parity tarrot cards.  :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79

25 lbs is a step in the right direction, but, doesn't address the heat and tuning ability.  Mega squirt, or atleast a cold air intake, which would cost nothing would be a big help.  Besides, many may not be able to take advantage of the 25 lbs is they are already at weight.  Where can we remove weight if we are already at weight.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

25 lbs is a step in the right direction, but, doesn't address the heat and tuning ability.  Mega squirt, or atleast a cold air intake, which would cost nothing would be a big help.  Besides, many may not be able to take advantage of the 25 lbs is they are already at weight.  Where can we remove weight if we are already at weight.

proper exercise and diet my friend!  your driver just needs to cut out beer...   :toast:  :toast:

K. Webb