Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Matt,

F being quiet!!

Don't get me wrong. Joey didn't pull away strictly because of driving talent. In the talent department you and Joey are comparable. Your performance last year from Mazda on was eye opening. 4th at the Nationals your first year!!!!!! You know how many drivers wished they could say that? Joey has one of the best support structures. His family is behind him and his father and uncle have many many years of experience. You will be a champion no matter what car year you are driving. Hang in there and my wrenches are always available to you as long as you turn them with me.

Go give Million and Grey a run for their money in the Teen Mazda Challenge this year if you are still eligible. I can't wait to see you all you guys competing with each other this year.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Nothing was meant to keep you quiet Matt! Simple pointing out where we think you are mistaken...and what a  few more years of experience watching these cars has taught us. In time you will look at things differently...we all have!

I think i mentioned this to you before in watching one of your videos...your shifting was slow in the one i watched.  I remember you saying your tranny was near the end! Not sure if it applies as another possible explanation for anything youve posted here...

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:59

Matt,

F being quiet!!

Don't get me wrong. Joey didn't pull away strictly because of driving talent. In the talent department you and Joey are comparable. Your performance last year from Mazda on was eye opening. 4th at the Nationals your first year!!!!!! You know how many drivers wished they could say that? Joey has one of the best support structures. His family is behind him and his father and uncle have many many years of experience. You will be a champion no matter what car year you are driving. Hang in there and my wrenches are always available to you as long as you turn them with me.

Go give Million and Grey a run for their money in the Teen Mazda Challenge this year if you are still eligible. I can't wait to see you all you guys competing with each other this year.

Will do James, there are a few other guys that I think will be competing (Nick Sommers, Tommy McCarthy, Will Rodgers). So I think it will be a hell of a year for TMC.

Nothing was meant to keep you quiet Matt! Simple pointing out where we think you are mistaken...and what a  few more years of experience watching these cars has taught us. In time you will look at things differently...we all have!

I think i mentioned this to you before in watching one of your videos...your shifting was slow in the one i watched.  I remember you saying your tranny was near the end! Not sure if it applies as another possible explanation for anything youve posted here...

The more I learn in the racing world the more I learn the merit of experience. So I probably shouldn't be trolling around the forums just quite yet lol. And yes it is a possibility, but that has been covered for this year so hopefully that will give me even more speed for this year.

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Number:91

Not judging any of the arguments here, but the earlier shift should make it fall back relative to the other car not surge forward, because the taller gear equates to a big drop in torque. Unless his power is falling off so bad approaching redline that he should actually be shifting earlier.

I have a run, I shift, I lose my run, you shift, I then look like I'm eating you alive with torque.

Not saying that's what happened, just spitballing ideas.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Region:San Diego
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:47

Matt,

F being quiet!!

Personally I think Joey Sucks and has no talent....  Actually Matt where most will find speed is from the start of braking to the apex Most are similar  at exit of corners  .... It appears in the last 2 corners Joey had a higher min speed than you and was faster to the apex and carried more speed (higher min speed)  also if you hit the rev limiter that costs you almost .15 tenths of a second so I imagine slow shifts would do the same.    You never know another Jordan may be running teen challenge this year.......

Joe Jordan the turd.....Joey is IV or quatro!

Ran in Firestone Firehawk in a Miata in 1994

Speedvision Cup Miata's 95-99

World Challenge Miata in 2000 AT MRLS

Had 3 Rookie of the year winners "Rising Stars" In IMSA

Kids now racing...Started them in Lemons Miata we built into the 2013 Western Division SCCA Majors Champion!

6th at 50th SCCA Runoffs in SM OPM's Rental 01

2nd fastest race lap at the Runoffs.

2014 Teen Mazda Challenge (west) Champ!

2015 Pirelli World Challenge Round 15 Winner in TCB and round 16,17,and 18 Winner!

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:59

Wrote a whole speel to continue this conversation, but deleted it all after getting upset checking the TMC website  :pessimist:  Bad news.

I received a tentative 2015 TMC West schedule in December, and was good to go for all of those races. Unfortunately, it looks like the official schedule is drastically different. Only 5 points weekends, different dates, different tracks, and not enough droppable points to cover me from the problems below.

First weekend is Cal Speedway, RIP 1.6.

Second weekend is Buttonwillow in June, I graduate from University the Saturday of that weekend.

And I was all excited about picking up my new motor today too  :raincloud:

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Wrote a whole speel to continue this conversation, but deleted it all after getting upset checking the TMC website  :pessimist:  Bad news.

I received a tentative 2015 TMC West schedule in December, and was good to go for all of those races. Unfortunately, it looks like the official schedule is drastically different. Only 5 points weekends, different dates, different tracks, and not enough droppable points to cover me from the problems below.

First weekend is Cal Speedway, RIP 1.6.

Second weekend is Buttonwillow in June, I graduate from University the Saturday of that weekend.

And I was all excited about picking up my new motor today too  :raincloud:

First off...its a points race...not a wins race! Take what you can get at Cal Speedway or find a NB car to rent!

Graduation is over rated...walk another quarter! Or spend your time looking for a job! The money your family has to spend for that day is better spent on entry fees...they'll understand! Ok...i'm kidding all you proud dads out there...KIDDING :)  Race on Sunday at least!

• Tom Hampton likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

Graduation is over rated...walk another quarter! Or spend your time looking for a job! The money your family has to spend for that day is better spent on entry fees...they'll understand! Ok...i'm kidding all you proud dads out there...KIDDING :)  Race on Sunday at least!

lmao.  And yes! As a Dad, I totally agree!  I'd crew on  graduation day for the kid instead of watching him walk!!!  Why the hell not?  

Ok, Mom might have a say....but, she can be bribed.

• Joe (dad) Jordan and Derrick Ambrose like this

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Personally I think Joey Sucks and has no talent....  Actually Matt where most will find speed is from the start of braking to the apex Most are similar  at exit of corners  .... It appears in the last 2 corners Joey had a higher min speed than you and was faster to the apex and carried more speed (higher min speed)  also if you hit the rev limiter that costs you almost .15 tenths of a second so I imagine slow shifts would do the same.    You never know another Jordan may be running teen challenge this year.......

Good thing I know that you don't really believe this!!! :) Joey is very very talented and I will miss seeing him at the races. But looking forward to the next Jordon, that I hear is quite fast!! The Jordon dynasty will continue.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Did Joey retire?

K. Webb