50 replies to this topic

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Where is your water temp sensor Matt? Water wetter has a chart and a mix ratio for optimum cooling. I imagine it is accurate!

But some don't read bottles(local that will remain nameless :) )and can't believe how expensive water wetter is when it takes 20+ bottles to fill the radiator!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:59

My water temp sensor is right next to the thermostat, similar location to where the stock fan sensor is.

And lol I know there is a chart, but the BTM guys had to use some of my bottle at T-Hill, and I just dumped the rest in there knowing that it was less than the amount I was supposed to. That being said, I didn't want my temps to drop by 20 degrees, so it seemed to work out perfectly and only dropped them 5-10!

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

OctaneNation

OctaneNation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Matt,

Colder than 195* results in lost power??

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Matt,

Colder than 195* results in lost power??

If anything it is marginal, but this is a spec series so marginal gains are everything :]

Next month I am going to a track where I will be drafting for 60 seconds each lap, and as a result I am going to put in my lower temp thermostat, and more Redline Water Wetter, to account for that. If I find myself out of the draft, then I may lose a tiny bit of power running at 175-180 degrees, but nowhere near as much as I would lose if the car was heatsoaking and pulling timing at 220 degrees.

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Everyone see these ?
http://timingscoring... - April 18-19/

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Yes -________-

No response from my appeal to NASA

-Ecobrap

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

Hey that timing and scoring can't be right,, the fastest lap was in  a 1.6 (Matt C).. 

• ECOBRAP likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Bombed the start and was a "man on a mission" as quoted by Jaime F. lol

-Ecobrap

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Season points have been uploaded. We encourage all to check them for accuracy. If you find something that needs to be changed e-mail Scott directly with the following information: member #'s and what should be combined or corrected. Deadline for doing this is May 16th, 2015 after that date all points will stand as posted. Points are located Here

scott@nasacarcontrol.org

http://nasanorcal.co...easonpoints.htm

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Anyone know if we are still doing the 1.6 points championship? Off the books? Craig?

-Ecobrap

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I think you would call that an inaccuracy and should contact the suggested contact above.

J~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users