Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

By Majors---I am saying TOP Prepped car....  I see many people who feel they are doing a very good job of prep but really are not....  I am just not for making changes to make a mid level car equal to a top prep level 99+. I see many of these at the Regional level races.   Nothing more then that....

I don't think anyone is saying this and I don't know where you got this from.

I assume and they can comment, Tom and Todd were/are looking at adjustments on a top prep 1.6 with adjustment to compete with an NB.
Top driver, top prep.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Ralph said letters by Wednesday. Yesterday? how'd it go? or when's the meeting?
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

By Majors---I am saying TOP Prepped car....  I see many people who feel they are doing a very good job of prep but really are not....  I am just not for making changes to make a mid level car equal to a top prep level 99+. I see many of these at the Regional level races.   Nothing more then that....   

Then we are saying the same thing, just in different ways.  I would submit that saying "...and race a Major" is not clearly stating your intent as described above. 

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

Exactly so why are you trying? Parity isnt cars being identical and if so, make your 1.6 only class and be done with it.

Parity is two cars with equal drivers maintaining position unless someone makes a mistake. With your definition, all multi platform racing is a joke and the proper strategy is always spending money on whichever platform pulls best out of the corner. Which is bullshit. I watch mazdas stomp other more straightline powerful torguey cars all the time.

1) Who said I'm trying?  Go read my posts on the subject.  There are actual benefits to having a car that is perceived to be an underdog for the class.

2) Parity is most definitely NOT two cars maintaining position.  Parity, by definition, means the cars are equal.  Ever hear the phrase, "It is one thing to catch someone.  It is another thing to pass them."?

3) I wouldn't use the word joke, but multiplatform racing is very complicated and certainly puts more emphasis on the car than the driver.  Disagree?  Look at Alonso.  Multiple world champion.  How's he doing in the McLaren?

4) When you win a championship get back to me on your theories of what makes a a race car easier to race.  If I received a dollar for every post race interview where a driver complained about the other cars' speed down a straight and lost a dollar every time they whined about just not having enough cornering speed, I'd be way in the black.

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

mhiggins10

mhiggins10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Region:SOWDIV

3) I wouldn't use the word joke, but multiplatform racing is very complicated and certainly puts more emphasis on the car than the driver.  Disagree?  Look at Alonso.  Multiple world champion.  How's he doing in the McLaren?

A minor technicality, but F1 isn't really multiplatform.  Better analogy is the Porsche guys complaining about the Corvette's HP down the straight, or the Ferrari folks complaining about the aero on the M4s and associated cornering advantage.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38

Ralph said letters by Wednesday. Yesterday? how'd it go? or when's the meeting?J~

Long meeting yesterday. Lots covered and debated back and forth. I am sure Todd will put out a summery.
  • Johnny D likes this
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

J~

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Tom, NASA isnt just following along. Im still having to run a smaller plate compared to SCCA. :)

Did you miss this? 

{{{EDIT: yes, I'm aware that isn't LITERALLY true. There are a couple of notable exceptions. But, most people are on-board with the two organizations staying mostly in sync, and for the moment NASA seems to be following the SCCA lead. That could change at any moment. But, Mueller hasn't given any public indication that is imminent. }}}

-tch

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Got it Todd. I will shut up discussing things with you until I have parity with you experience.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

I'll try one more time, because I'm feeling patient today.  Try and read the whole quote below....in particular the BOLD portion. 

{{{EDIT: yes, I'm aware that isn't LITERALLY true. There are a couple of notable exceptions. But, most people are on-board with the two organizations staying mostly in sync, and for the moment NASA seems to be following the SCCA lead. That could change at any moment. But, Mueller hasn't given any public indication that is imminent. }}}

In case the quote and bolded text didn't quite sink in: Pointing out one of those notable exceptions (underlined above), does not refute what I said. 

#missingthepoint  #forestfortheleaf

Okay, maybe I'm feeling less patient than I thought.

-tch

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Tom you are being obtuse.

Yes, I probably am. I suppose its been one of those weeks. 

-tch

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Yes me too. I have  been traveling all week in India and I am tired and missing things.

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Number:59

Long meeting yesterday. Lots covered and debated back and forth. I am sure Todd will put out a summery.

giphy.gif

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

giphy.gif

<_<

We see you lurking, Mr. Lamb.

-tch

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

<_<

We see you lurking, Mr. Lamb.

J~

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Number:60

A minor technicality, but F1 isn't really multiplatform.  Better analogy is the Porsche guys complaining about the Corvette's HP down the straight, or the Ferrari folks complaining about the aero on the M4s and associated cornering advantage.

Well multi platform is really a computer term, I was just using it because that is what Jamz was using.  So it's really up for definition.  I'm saying F1 is "multi platform" in that each team is its own constructor and makes their own chassis as opposed to say a series where every team buys a Dallara chassis and just makes setup changes.  But the whole point is to show you can take a world class driver and switch cars on them and all of a sudden they are a back marker.  That makes balancing performance much harder for multi-marque series because you don't know how much of it is car/prep/driver.  I suppose if all you care about is close racing for good TV ratings, then it doesn't really matter, though eventually teams tend to get fed up with it and race elsewhere (or switch chassis.)

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

Yes me too. I have  been traveling all week in India and I am tired and missing things.

How long does it take to get the currie powder smell out ??

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

J~

that's it.  You've found the end of the internet.

-tch

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)