Photo

Informal Poll: Does the 1.6 need help? How?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

Poll: Does the 1.6 need help? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the 1.6 be given some concessions for parity?

1. No, it is fine as-is (14 votes [17.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

2. Yes, it needs a little help (53 votes [66.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.25%

3. Yes, it needs a lot of help (13 votes [16.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Pre-Black Friday I would of been interested in that offer, but I already have my new 1.6L drago motor sitting on a pallet waiting to go in. So despite my outlook here, I do in fact enjoy being an under (over) dog.

Then you have what you need!
Do you run a data system? If so, which one?
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,220 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Bench, your tune has certainly changed since deciding to take credit for saving the 1.6. How many times did you dismiss Buras’ win at the Sprints as a fluke where he never actually passed any NBs and ultimately just inherited the win?

All I did was generated data like a couple others and made a SMAC/CRB request, much to the amusement of some on this site. Dismiss and fluke are your words to support your point. As I commented in the past, Buras hung with the top 5 all race long, he stuck his nose out now and then, he did pass Pat in T8 after Pat was helped through T8, he passed Craig between the Carousel and T12 and Craig took it right back. When one has the capability to drive with the pointy end throughout the race, one may win.  

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

gerglmuff2

gerglmuff2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Region:LOL
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:81

advanced claimed they ran the same 99 versus 1.6 test they ran at blackhawk at road america, that data would solve the problem. they only "released" the blackhawk data, showing the 1.6 and 99 were on the same tenth, but blackhawk is one of the most friendly 1.6 courses within 500 miles. the fact they didn't release the road america data probably means something. as does burass switching to an NB. kinda hard to put him on a pedestal when he switched to an NB out of frustration. 

Gordon Kuhnley: Rookie

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

People still run 1.6s?  

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

People still run 1.6s?

Yes, but they are required to get a parade permit and display it in the rear window.

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

advanced claimed they ran the same 99 versus 1.6 test they ran at blackhawk at road america, that data would solve the problem. they only "released" the blackhawk data, showing the 1.6 and 99 were on the same tenth, but blackhawk is one of the most friendly 1.6 courses within 500 miles. the fact they didn't release the road america data probably means something. as does burass switching to an NB. kinda hard to put him on a pedestal when he switched to an NB out of frustration.

I never saw actual data from Blackhawk other than lap times on Race Monitor, and weather made that of limited value. The best glimpse came frim looking at how each did compared to the other cars/drivers, and wven that’s of limited value since we don’t know what they ran for tires each session or any number of other variables. I’m not saying that the cars are or are not that close, just that due to circumstances that test didn’t really add much to our knowledge.

However, having turned a great many laps at Blackhawk in a 1.6 I would agree that if you want to win a Majors in one that’s the place to go in this half of the country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users