FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Is it me? i do not see this posted on Race Monitor?

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

Is it me? i do not see this posted on Race Monitor?

No its not you.  Seems to be on racehero.io

https://racehero.io/...ults/1073742888

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Qual Race.

Congrats to Blake.

Marc Cefalo, heck of a run to 2nd.

Wow, somebody has to explain that one.
Ross and Alex B drop a bunch of spots.
Danny's leading and then looks like he's involved in the yellow.

Mess to big to clean up and they give the checkers.
https://racehero.io/...ults/1073742904

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

That looks like a cluster.  Double digit gains and losses across the field---over half the grid.  Less than half the grid finished within 10 spots of their qualifying position, with 25% more that 20?  yuck.

-tch

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
That must really be frustrating to drive all that way and only get a 5 lap race 1.
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Congrats to BFC!

Curious to see what the heck happened.. seemed like cars dropping all over the place. 

from Alex's FB...

Current state of affairs at VIR 15 mins before our first qualifying race. I'll be starting second on dry tires...

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

mjw

mjw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:NASA Midwest

weather.com is reporting severe thunderstorms in the area along with 60 mph winds and quarter sized hail.

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
Oh joy. That would explain the lap times.

-tch

Slacker

Slacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Northern California
  • Car Number:#52

From what I understand, it starting raining hard about 20 minutes before the race.  Which led to limited vision, hydroplaning and lots of offs!

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
Torrential down pour in turn one and along front straight. About half the field got to lap 3 and the lake we hit sent us all off at the top of fourth gear at start finish line . "Jesus Take the Wheel". Track was undriveable at that point unfortunately I don't think the corner workers could see how bad the conditions were. The backside of the track at oak tree to roller coaster was almost dry.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Any badly damaged cars or just people going off ?

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
Not sure, lots of hammering of body panels going on in my area.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Pat Ross

Pat Ross

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Car Number:72
Real cluster. They should hav black flagged the race after two laps. Somewhere between 10 & 15 people in sand trap at turn 1. Mike said car started to spin just past start/finish line and went backwards till turn 1. Last info was that NASA wasn't sure of official end to race and placements at that time.

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
Oh forgot to mention the schedule was behind a bit and the group before us was a TT and none of them started so we were magically back on schedule and several people were late to grid.

Parity

Parity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Region:North East
  • Car Number:51

Craziest think I've ever seen. Torrential downpour heading into T1 with visibility no further than you front bumper. Severe hydroplaning at 40-50 Mph while dry and partially sunny at Oak Tree. So many cars off on T1 looked like the paddock. Lots of hammering going on right now.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Qualifying Race 1 was interesting to say the least. I was supposed to start in 5th place but with the sudden onset of rain, Bolanos was late to grid so I started in 4th. But since he wasnt there some ahead of me struggled to find their place 2 by 2. So I started in 3rd place on the inside instead of 4th on the outside. This allowed me to get to the inside in T1 and by T3 I was in the lead on a slightly rainy track. As far as we knew it was raining all the way around the track, but on the out-lap we discovered that it was COMPLETELY dry from the Uphill Esses, though South Bend, and all the way down to Rollercoaster.

So having seen the dry conditions, on lap 1, I just stayed on the throttle through the Uphill Esses, South Bend and Oak-tree, so by the end of Lap1 I had a decent lead of around 2 seconds, and then just pedaled to make sure that I maintained the cushion. NASA scoring is about points in the first two races and if you screw up in any of them it pretty much ruins all your chances of a decent championship.

I was concerned with the light rain and half-a dry-track that the rain tires might go off, and anyone on slicks might have a better chance at the end. My wife Kim radioed to me that not to worry about driving the tires off in the dry, there was more rain coming.

Sure enough on Lap 5 we came down to the Start-Finish Line the heavens had opened and the track was a lake! We were all hydroplaning down into T1. I was the first off flying off backwards into the sand-trap, and then watched at least 15 cars head towards my car - watching them come head on, with my thumb on the PTT button telling my wife about the impending impact, tensing in the seat, waiting for it to happen. It was a pretty scary 60 seconds and I was fortunate to only get hit twice, first by Molaver and 2nd by Ross. Enjoy the video

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
Holy moly thats scary seeing missiles coming at you.
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Race 2 results...

http://racehero.io/e...erall-D133a5e72

Some one needs to post up the grid order for the championship race when it comes out!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
To early to call it butlooks like king of Cali and undisputed fire exit race champ may not have a lock on the east coast championships as was originally forcasted????

K. Webb